[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You do not need more than 20 abilities. 25 max. I would rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 625x350
You do not need more than 20 abilities. 25 max. I would rather have 20 abilities that are engaging, fun and utilized opposed to 30 - 35 abilities of filler crap that are situational and dull.
>>
I'm happy that some classes only use like 5 active main attack and the rest are buffs
>>
File: 1460996395769.png (52 KB, 808x1037) Image search: [Google]
1460996395769.png
52 KB, 808x1037
K.
>>
>You play WoW with these kinds of "people"
End me.
>>
It is the recognition and use of highly situational abilities that sets players apart more so than abilities the usage of which becomes automated because you use them often. In addition, even an ability that doesn't have practical uses can still have value, such as providing flavour.
>>
File: 1278034745654.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1278034745654.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
GUY NEW TO WOW HERE I HAVE A QUESTION

How the fuck do people map their keys for this? I don't fucking get it. I have like 8 million keys I have to press. I ended up using only mouse for movement and mapping the q-t keys and everything below them as my hot keys.

People tell me to use 1-9 and then alt 1-9 but I dont understand how you are supposed to reliably reach from key 1 to key 9 without accidentally hitting something else.
>>
>>343721791
That'll change with legion you'll only need a bar or two don't worry
>>
I know this is shit posting but it's people like you that have ruined this game

>you should not have to buy mats to make poisons, you should just have them
>you should not have to buy arrows you should just have them
>you should not have to travel to the battleground entrance to queue, you should be able to do it in any city
>you shouldn't have to leave a city to get to a dungeon, you should be teleported there
>you shouldn't have to raid to get epics
>you shouldn't have to meet people to make a group

The game is beyond repair, it has been for years
>>
>>343722324
To be fair, legion is taking some steps in the right direction but its all damage control at the end of the day
>>
>>343722324

fuck you faggot that was a massive gold sink
>>
>>343722324
Fucking WoW nostalgiafags kill me, did you never play a real hardcore MMO?

WoW was casualized from day 1 with garbage like instances and no real death penalties
>>
Which class do I upgrade to 100 for Legion?

>mage
>rogue
>warlock
>druid
>>
>>343722647
mage is always a safe bet

rogue is pretty shitty in the ptr

no idea about lock

people say druids are going the best tank at raiding gear level
>>
>>343722490
Spoken like a true casual
>>
>>343721389
I don't want 20 abilities, only more than the 1-4 I currently use on GCD. Who is going to play Demon Hunter when you literally only use 2 buttons 90% of the time (only 1 if specced Demon Blades) ?
>>
>>343722834
Spoken like a true memer
>>
>>343722834
>Plays MMO that was casual from day 1
>Complains about casuals playing it

???
>>
>>343721791
should use Shift + 1-5.

i use WASD for movement, Q, E, F, G, T, R and Shift 1-5 on top of a few F keys.

my friend has almost double that for hotkeys.
>>
>>343722837
Can anyone name a class that has more than 10 abilities now? Not that it's a bad thing but a lot of them were useless as shit, not counting buffs or non combat abilities
>>
>>343723253
you mean right now or in legion?
>>
>>343723253
I have a heap of shit as an UH DK and I press all of it save for maybe chains of ice
>>
>>343723253
Restro druid, Sub rogue, warlocks.
>>
>>343721791

Do not map past 5. I use 1 - 5, Q E T G V F R, and then I also have all of those mapped with a Shift modifier, as well as 2 side mouse buttons and scroll wheel, and a shift mod for those too.

This is pretty much enough for any class. I don't use Alt or Ctrl for any modifiers, only shift, but I also play different than most. I use my ring finger on W S instead of middle finger, shift is easy for me to hit but Alt Ctrl can be a bitch. Some people like to map F1 - F5 but I personally hate using the F keys.
>>
>>343722324

You talk about the game being ruined and you literally post things that were good changes
>>
>>343723367
Legion
>>
>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745544759?page=2#33

Another reminder that you can literally get BiS gear from LFR and trivial content in Legion.
>>
>>343722324
Farming mats to use a skill sucks though.
>>
>>343721389

Sweet blog post faggot
>>
>>343724074
then no

maybe frost mage with the right talents

>>343724187
cool
>>
>>343724187

Nice! More ways to play, gear up and have fun besides grinding out the same fucking raid once a week.
>>
>>343724830
This guy gets it, plus I like running dungeons so that's a double whammy
>>
Just got back into playing wow
And oh boy its still shit
>>
>>343726116
Warlords went to shit- come back august 30th or level alts with your pals, that's what I'm doing
>>
>>343721791
I don't play WoW or most MMO's for this reason.
>>
>>343721389
>1212121212312121212
>wow this is so engaging and fun. thanks blizzard for streamlining legion! and the new animations so epic!! xD
>>
>>343726259
It's not as hard as it seems- like the other anon said: 1-9 and shift 1-5
>>
>>343722324
I feel like LFG should be an option but there should be stronger incentives to make premade groups and walk to dungeons than there are now. I also like XIV's requirement that you at least have to do a quest and walk to a dungeon once before unlocking it for LFG. I disagree that raiding should be the only source of epics when you consider how we have challenge modes now that are honestly harder than raiding was for many previous expansions. It should be available for non-raiders at a slower rate.
>>
>>343725928

Yeah I don't understand why people are upset over multiple avenues to gear up. Everyone bitches about no content and running the same raid over and over, but now people are mad they have more choices than just raiding.

I'm only just starting heroic HFC because I'm somewhat casual, but this week I literally didn't get any gear. I didn't progress at all. There's literally nothing I can do right now to progress besides wait to run it again. That is a stupid system.

If I get bad luck in a raid in Legion at least I can run dungeons, PvP and world quests and still possibly gear up a bit. How is that bad?
>>
>>343721791
Jesus christ anon, modern WoW has 1/3 the amount of skills it used to have. Half my keybind slots sit empty now.
>>
>>343726559
>there should be stronger incentives to make premade groups and walk to dungeons than there are now.

In legion there is a small chance of getting crazy high lvl items in dungeons.
>>
>>343726576
It's /v/ man, but the majority of the players are excited- go check out the forums and read the real thoughts
>>
>>343726738
I was not aware that was pinned to premade. Any source on that?
>>
>>343726823
Is not pinned to premade is just an incentive to run dungeons and well running dungeons with premades groups is faster and I don't have the source it was a blue post a few weeks ago.
>>
>>343726520
I looked up a keybinding guide for Wildstar and have been able to play that, as well as GW back in the day (but I had a shit build then), but haven't been able to grow past 8 or so hotkeys.

I suppose it doesn't matter as much because most of the recent MMO's don't have that many hotkeys save for FFXIV.

So far I'm really enjoying Black Desert solely for the reason that you can have most of your abilities mapped to input shortcuts, it feels way more engaging for me to play.

If I could have gotten around the hotkey issue, I probably would have played many more MMOs for longer periods of time. I've tried about every major MMO and many F2P ones and couldn't last that long. I can't seem to break the 30-50 hour mark save for GW.
>>
>>343727256
FFXIV has some pretty bad ability bloat, which is funny since very few abilities felt particularly fun to use
>>
Remember when Wildstar was coming out, they were selling one action bar for abilities as a good thing?
>>
>>343727945

Are you implying that's why Wild Star failed? Because that isn't why it failed. It failed because everybody cried for the days of hardcore MMO gameplay and they provided if, and then people realized they don't want that anymore.

I used to play Asheron's Call. It was amazing. But I would never play a game like that again. You had to literally sit for 15 minutes at your guild house getting buffed so you could go fight for an hour or two, then go back and get rebuffed again.
>>
>>343729628
It's not that bad now though. To be honest, I think for an MMO, having a bad launch will kill it in this market. More than a few MMO's were/are fine 3 months to 1 year after they launched (ie most of the major bugs were fixed and features that were promised at launch were in and working), but once the community leaves, it gets branded as shit, and no one comes back.

Aside from WoW where most people will sub for a month or two after new xpacks come out and then leave again.

I know if Wildstar, Age of Conan, Warhammer, that Sony Everquest-ish game all had another year or so in development, they would have had a better chance at retaining some players.
>>
>>343729628
I know why Wildstar failed, I played the beta a lot.

On a different note, it seems to me like it doesn't leave a lot of room to evolve if you have to limit yourself so much with 8 abilities. Personally, I felt always felt like doing whatever I couldn't do at the moment, like I was always making the wrong choice. Although with WoW, sometimes I do feel that but only because Blizzard took away the ability.
>>
File: 1414364195083.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1414364195083.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
>>343721791
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
shift + (numbers above)
ctrl + (numbers above)
f1-f5 for situational long CD spells
middle mouse button or if you have a "gaming mouse" the buttons on those
learn to use Q and E for movement and your mouse to move forward and to use and W, S, A and D for your most important spells
shift-tab
~
alt + (the letters above and the spacebar)
all the letters to the left of Y, H, B
shift + (all the letters to the left of Y, H, B)
ctrl + (all the letters to the left of Y, H, B)

that's all i can think of right now but that's plenty of keybinds any idiot can get use of.
>>
>>343732009
>Rebinding WASD to spells

Fucking retarded.

QWEASD will forever remain untouched. Rebind whatever else the fuck you want but leave the mainline keys alone.
>>
>>343732515
that's a matter of preference but what i suggested is still viable. you want to get off your spells the fastest possible so those are your most important keybinds.
>>
>>343722324
>>you should not have to buy mats to make poisons, you should just have them
just buying the poisons would be enough
>>you should not have to buy arrows you should just have them
fuck you, kill yourself
>>you should not have to travel to the battleground entrance to queue, you should be able to do it in any city
fuck you, kill yourself
>>you shouldn't have to leave a city to get to a dungeon, you should be teleported there
right now in the game you have to travel to the dungeon entrance for the highest tier of difficulty
>>you shouldn't have to raid to get epics
you shouldn't have to raid to get epics, but epics should be less common across the board for all content
>>you shouldn't have to meet people to make a group
in basically all content where you have to meet people to make a group, people typically demand an unreasonable level of over-gearing for that content. an enforced random group tool is actually a big help, the problem is when it's cross-realm
>>
>>343732515

I agree that WASD is a terrible idea to unbind, by why QE? I set my AD to strafe and use mouse to turn the camera, if works way better than way for fast paced movements, especially in PvP. In fact I think most people do it this way. You shouldn't have keys bound for turning your character.
>>
>>343732515
>QWEASD will forever remain untouched
>he uses keyboard-turning
Holy fucking shit you utter scrub. Rebind A and D to sidestep and use Q and E for spells like everyone else.
>>
How difficult would WoW be to get back into for someone who hasn't seriously raided or played since cataclysm?

Is it worth the learning curve?

Is there any truth to this "blended server zones" stuff I hear?

Have the basic mathematical formulas that determine class-based aggro and dps potential changed?

Is raiding still a difficult endeavor that requires good coordination and teamwork?
>>
>>343721389
But some of those 20 abilities are not fun and engaging and actually feel forced - unless you follow a max dps plan - rotation some spells you would never cast, mainly because they're not fun / engaging.
>>
File: 1461974717400.png (238 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1461974717400.png
238 KB, 480x480
>>343734161
the only reason to get back into WoW is if you have friends to play with. otherwise it's rather pointless and you'll very likely waste your time and money.
>>
>>343734161
If you've seriously raided at ANY point you can pick up the game without trouble.
Zones are blended with other servers to help create populated areas.
I have no idea.
Mythic is the new Heroic.
>>
>>343734161
>How difficult would WoW be to get back into for someone who hasn't seriously raided or played since cataclysm?
Very easy to be honest. If Cata was "WoW 2.0" in terms of gameplay design and the content structure, then WoD is WoW 2.2. Legion is going to be WoW 3.0.
>>
>>343721791
I use QWE for movement (forward and strafing), Razer Naga binds (1-9), A, S, D, F, T, Y, Z, X, C, V, then Alt and Shift modifiers for all of the above
>>
File: 1465995159101.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1465995159101.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>343733780
>like everyone else
I have Q W E as forward and strafe and everything else as spells.
>>
>>343721791
Keybindinging, so let's say you have 2x sets of 1-9 buttons you use often.

1-3 don't really require a keybind - they're easy to reach.
Then you can do for second set of spells shift+1-3

For silence you could use key f, q and t for other spells, for example silence could be on key 9 as a position but also keybinded to key f.

But don't worry legion is changing that - it's making the game very dumb.
>>
>>343721791
I use 1-5, Q, E, R, F, C, V and `
Plus shift versions of all of them, for 24 binds in total. For a very long time I didn't even use the shift ones, and I was raiding at the top level just fine with only 12 keybinds.
>>
>>343722647
Mage and play fire.
I will personally play warlock in legion.
>>
>>343735041
>Q and E for strafe
Why? Every PC game ever has used WASD, with Q and E for other important functions.
>>
>>343726559
Walking to a dungeon in a preformed group is the only way to do mythic dungeons.
>>
>>343723151
My setup since vanilla- 1-5 keys + shift 1-5 and alt 1-5.

Bind bottom left action bar 1-5 to alt 1-5 and then 6-0 to shit 1-5.

Obtain bartender and break that bar in half.

Now you have 2 rows of 5 and 1 row of 10 beneath it (the usual 1-0 keys.

Then just take another spare bar (or two) and make them larger and transparent, again using bartender.
Use those for click-shit like cooldowns and consumables.
>>
>>343722324
>some classes shouldn't have money sinks built in for no reason
but that's objectively correct?
>>
Legion is going to be cataclysm 2.0 you guys will see - unless they release a new raid every 3 months and then an expansion pack pretty fast, people going to remember legion as cataclysm 2.0
>>
>>343734782

Thanks anon. By "zones" do you mean map zones like elwynn forest or stranglethorn valley, or do you mean instances/dungeons?
>>
File: 1465572023245.jpg (170 KB, 933x680) Image search: [Google]
1465572023245.jpg
170 KB, 933x680
>Blizzcucks will unironically pay 50 freedom dollars for this

I wish I made this up
>>
>>343735301
I just got used to it, and it feels comfy being halfway in between the F1-5 keys and ZXCV.
>>
>>343735506
They really nerfed the amount of gold you can make from the garrison.
>>
>>343735497
The former.
>>
File: razer-mmo-2014-mice-3s.jpg (43 KB, 1000x532) Image search: [Google]
razer-mmo-2014-mice-3s.jpg
43 KB, 1000x532
yall niggas need one of these
>>
>>343735497
World zones below the current expansion are cross-realm, so you will see players from other servers when you are questing in Stranglethorn Vale, Outland, Pandaria, whatever.

All instance groups you enter through the dungeon finder are cross-realm.
>>
>>343721389
>I would rather have 20 abilities that are engaging, fun and utilized opposed to 30 - 35 abilities of filler crap that are situational and dull.
>"When you press a button, something awesome has to happen!"
>>
>>343724187
this system seemed silly at first, but I actually like it when they explained the reasoning
>>
Idiots will forever complain about the pruning despite never using most of their skills. Bads don't actually know the basic rotations nowadays.
>>
>>343735661
I've got the Razer one and Logitech one and I've gotta say the Razer is garbage in comparison. Don't fall for the meme everyone
>>
>>343735506
>posting an alpha pic with place holders

Idiots will post and fall for this shit every time.
>>
>>343735709
>abilities that do nothing but provide a DPS loss if you fail to use them on CD are a good thing
literally the mentality behind larva injecting
>>
>>343735640

Wow, that seems like it would really limit the fun factor in a number of ways.

>can't meet people doing random shit and become career-long friends with them
>server no longer feels like a big ol' community
>no more accursed nemesis on the opposing faction that you viciously battle to the death on sight every other week or so
>alone in a sea of temporary people
>>
>>343735847

this
>>
>>343721389
I disagree. Situational spells are the best.
>>
Do people actually haveso many keybinds? a spriest need 5-6 spells and 3 cooldown.
>>
>You do not need more than 20 abilities. 25 max.

This. Raiding as a warrior in vanilla with shockwave and sunder armor as your two main abilities with a few other nerfs and DPSes
as need-to-use spells brought the focus of gameplay back to skill and situational awareness as opposed to attention to timers
and rote knowledge of one's spellbook.
>>
>>343724187
This is a really good thing. It prevents players from getting trapped in a system where they can't get into groups for high-end content because their gear isn't good enough, but also can't obtain any better gear through any other means.

In all honesty, the ilvl system is fucking terrible. Gear should be radically redesigned at this point. Move character progression into another area and just have gear be a choice between items that fit into different niches. Blizzard are hinting that they will be going this way in the future. They have said that they are looking to change the game systems so that stat-squishes aren't necessary in the future, and the Legion legendary gear system seems to be the first step away from the constant gear upgrading treadmill. They have also said that gear will have a smaller effect on player power in Legion compared to WoD, which is great.
>>
>>343735934
If you meet someone you want to play with you should friend them with RealID. It allows you to do cross-server things together.
>>
>>343736261

Warrior tank****
>>
>>343735452

The thing is, they won't need to release new raids constantly, because we will finally have other things to do. There's literally no way to progress your character besides HFC right now, and that's boring as fuck.
>>
>>343735661
sorry, i dont have deformed baby hands. And even if i did, I still wouldnt buy razer garbage that is designed to break in 2 months or less
>>
>>343735934
Well yes, this is a big problem the game faces these days. They have sacrificed social interaction for convenience. In fairness, the world is so big now that most areas would be completely deserted were it not for cross-realm, plus all zones from the current expansion are NOT cross-realm.
>>
>>343721389
The removal of Divine Intervention was the beginning of the era of homogenization of abilities. Fuck Blizzard
>>
Anyone in the beta playing a druid? How is Balance in Legion?
>>
>>343736357

I was trying to talk about MMO mice in general. Maybe razer was a bad example
>>
>>343721389
Vanilla actually had even less than Legion does
>>
>>343736263
>They have also said that gear will have a smaller effect on player power in Legion compared to WoD, which is great.
Just on launch we're going to have like an 80 itemlevel difference between entry level gear and mythic raid loot
Unless each itemlevel now gives significantly less stats we're once again going to reach the point where a fully geared mythic raider will literally oneshot questmobs that will murder a freshly dinged 110 character
>>
>>343736485
DI was a useless ability that encourages bad gameplay and selfish behaviour.
>>
>>343736589
it objectively has uses but everything else about this post is correct
>>
>>343736493
>How is Balance in Legion?
You're no longer just following what your Eclipse bar tells you to do, which is nice.
>>
Situational and unique abilities is what made BC fun

>warlock/mage tanking
>shamans in general
>etc
>>
>>343736703
Nice. And what about healing and tanking? Any major changes or still just basically the same
>>
>>343736681
it had ZERO uses apart from the user being a dick fuckhead trying to avoid a repair bill and potentially throwing the fight for everyone else.
>>
>>343736589
DI was a fucking great ability. It was a great example of a situational ability that could preform extremely well with creative use. How the fuck is it a selfish ability? You literally fucking die to use it. Almost like you have no idea what it actually does
>>
>>343736748

Bloodlust and drums rotations weren't fun.
>>
>I'd rather have 4 skills that are fun!

I never go this. In a tab targeting game, what makes a skill fun? The animation? The damage? I have been playing the beta and playing Ret or Marksman none of the skills really feel fun and shit gets boring so fast. How do Ret paladins even put up with this shit in the game?
>>
>>343736823
>what is saving a healer so they can rez the raid
>>
>>343735840
That's what it looks like on beta too.
>>
>>343736832
99% of cases it was used to suicide to not incur a repair bill you retard
>>
>>343736823
>I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about
>>
>>343736748
The only thing BC had more of was a whole lot of useless shit. Unique and situational abilities still exist, mostly in the form of talents.

Granted I really miss some of the cooler things like divine intervention and ritual of doom
>>
>>343736958
I believe that is called "irrelevant" because all raids were set up in such a way that getting back to the boss took no time. Infact it often took longer because you had to wait for the boss to despawn, hope it didnt bug out the raid, and that the healer was in a spot where he wouldnt instantly agro again.

Not even gonna mention that ressing the raid is irrelevant, because there is always going to be one guy that you cant reach and as such have to wait for.
>>
>>343737071
T.pandababby
>>
>>343735840
>1 month from release

BAD NEWS, MOTHAFUCKA
>>
Oh boy oh boy I can't wait for Leejun to be dogshit
>>
>>343732009
you had to do this if you played a shaman.
also in vanilla people actually used the bind that scrolls your 1-9 action bar into the 2nd reserve one because you had to bind your downranked healing spells if you were a healer.
>not having binds for focus target and separate spells just for the focus target and target of target for the tank in PVE
the game could get stupidly autistic if you wanted it that way.
>>
>>343721791
I've been only using my Mouse for my entire rotation since Vanilla, and I don't even have any fancy buttons on it.

Just have your most frequently used abilities on Mouse Wheel Down/Up/Mouse Button, then some more on Shift + MWD/MWU, Alt MWD/MWU, etc.

Then, if there's some shit you only use once in a while like a warrior's charge, put that anywhere on 1-5, Q or E
>>
>>343736936
>i play ret
>the game isn't fun
you're literally playing the spec designed for retards
>>
What tank should I main for legion? Prot paladin is boring but does mitigate a lot, I hate how they changed rage yet again on war(my current main) and on live I have no clue how to use my boosted blood dk, dunno about jumping into it for legion.
>>
>>343733613

You're a faggot

enjoy your shitty game
>>
>>343737356
All signs point to it being fucking great though. The reason WoD was shit was because they spent way too much time making Legion instead of working on WoD post-release.
>>
>>343736520
They're making secondaries scale more linerally then before so you wont have like 10% crit on a fresh 110 and 70% crit on a raid character.

Also wtf is wrong with a fully geared raid character one shotting a questing mob? If you have a character fully raid geared it's beyond questing that's like crying about a max level character oneshotting wolves in redridge.
>>
>>343737384
>more and more specs go the way of ret
>demon hunter in all its specs is even worse than ret
>this is not a problem

Give it one more addon and the whole game will be designed for retards.
>>
>>343736357
That is their only good mouse, ive had mine for years and works really well, got some other razor for christmas and it sucks
>>
>>343737491
Only good thing will be raids
>>
It's not like you need to press a lot of buttons in current WoW.

Sub rouge is just ambush backstab eviscerate slice and dice eviscerate

that's only like, 4 buttons.

and you can make a macro for when you need to escape. cloak of shadows vanish prep vanish
>>
>>343737512
>wtf is wrong with a fully geared raid character one shotting a questing mob?
It's not the quest mob that's the problem, it's the huge gap between the power levels of two max-level characters. A mythic HFC geared character could fight 20 lvl100 characters in quest gear at once and win. ilvl is essentially the new character level.
>>
>>343737512
The problem comes from the disparity between shit gear and high end gear
Right now if you have 740 gear you can basically solo absolutely everything in Tanaan Jungle, with the right class even a fucking raid boss whereas a freshly dinged character running around in iLevel 600 quest greens cant even pull 2 mobs without dying
>>
>>343736936
To me a 'fun' ability is an ability you want to use and it helps your performance in some way.

For example maintenance buffs like SnD will never be 'fun' for me because sure it ups dps but its just something you hit when you need to because you have to no one has ever been like shit son that's a crispy SnD you pulled off there.

Compare that to abilities like colossus smash or haunt or army of the dead. These are fun abilities in my eyes because your press them then something happens that gives positive feedback.
>>
>>343737096
I miss having to decide which totem to drop.
>>
>>343737687
And dungeons, and questing, and professions, etc.
>>
>>343736351
Give examples - what would be so fun, so complex, so well-done and engaging that will keep people playing?
Farming legendaries in open world? Come on man... there isn't anything like that - all world encounters you get trough them once / twice and you're bored.
>>
>>343737923
Mythic+ dungeons.
>>
>>343721389
The issue is that most specs now have maybe 5 frequently used abilities. There's no fun in leveling anymore since you get like 5 attacks with 15 levels in between and maybe some utility abilities.
>>
>>343721536
6/10 comic bait. You make it too obvious that the creator is supposed to be retarded.
>>
>>343737983
So my point still stays valid.. lol.
>>
>>343737816
>>343737858
I'm still not seeing the issue here? Why would I expect my shitty LW rogue alt in a bunch of questing greens that I spent about a week and a bit playing on and off to be able to do anything in comparison to my 13/13 fully MWF DK I've played a sickening number of hours on for years?
>>
File: 1429756596993.jpg (11 KB, 346x247) Image search: [Google]
1429756596993.jpg
11 KB, 346x247
>main paladin solely because I like the class
>heal cuck for years
>ret is considered a meme spec
>>
>>343738158
tank then pussy
>>
>>343738158
prot pally is unkillable. Learn to play.
>>
>>343738092
Well designed dungeons with infinite difficulty scaling aren't fun for you? Then why are you even talking about this game?
>>
Stop treating every game like you are still 16 y/o reading patch notes. act like fucking adults.
>>
>>343737046
You play like a dick then.
>>
>>343738227
>play the same dungeon 1000x times for a year

no thanks
>>
>>343738207
>>343738223
Prots numbers will change before the actual Legion.

The spec as it is on the beta is not making it to live
>>
smaller situational abilities is what set apart ok players from good players

Tons of rogues I know neglected the damage increase from ToT in pvp. Then blizz went stupid and got rid of dismantle and disarm trap.
>>
>>343721389
yeah because you're a shitter and couldn't utilize 50+ keybinds anyway
>>
>>343738132
>moving the goalposts
Nobody says they should be equal, but being essentially 3 times as strong even though you're the same level because there's a _140_ itemlevel difference between you is silly to the maximum.
Back in Vanilla the difference between T0.5 and T3 was like 30 itemlevels. In WoD we went from 525 to 740, and that is with exponential scaling (vanilla scaling was linear)
This basically means they have to do a statsquish every expansion.
>>
>>343738359
>I don't want to heal and I don't like how ret plays
>then tank
>no because it won't be overpowered
kys yourself
>>
>>343735840
>I-it's just a BETA!

I never thought Blizzcucks could sink that low
>>
>>343738158
>not embracing the meme melee dps spec
Expansion about killing demons
Suramar is about killing elves
You get Ashbringer

This is literally CRUSADE expansion.

Every class is dumbed down now so I don't understand the people in this thread
>>
>>343738132
>I'm still not seeing the issue here?
You are aware that in vanilla and TBC, gear scaling at max level was way lower than it is now, right? This has become a problem in recent expansions due to Blizzard increasingly using "more powerful gear" as a carrot on a stick to drive players into the latest content. I mean shit, there was Karazhan gear that was BiS up until Black Temple for some classes.
>>
I tried to play wow once. Holy shit that game plays like ass, everything is so clunky.

Stop making expansions and make a fucking sequel.
>>
File: 1466256463034.jpg (123 KB, 535x713) Image search: [Google]
1466256463034.jpg
123 KB, 535x713
>>343738263
I still read the patch notes. It's fun.
>>
Why is Ret considered a retard spec? I play both a Warrior/Hunter and I find them way easier to play than Ret. Not that Ret is difficult, but I don't see how it's easier than Fury.
>>
>>343739000
Gameplay feel is the one thing that I find WoW almost always gets right. Some specs occasionally shit the bed, like Holy Paladin right now - my god that spec has taken a giant leap backwards in its design since Cata.
>>
>>343738498
But that's nothing to do with the secondary scaling changes that are being implemented and everything to do with there being 4 tiers of each raid.

>>343738551
The post I was replying too was upset that a raid geared character could one shot a questing mob. Lets not pretend that in the halcyon days of nostalgia an arms warrior running around in AQ 40 gear couldn't obliterate a Frostsaber
>>
>>343739000
have you tried playing any other mmo?
they feel like swinging a bat through swamp muck
wow has at the very least always felt extremely responsive
>>
>>343739201
>Why is Ret considered a retard spec?
Because it's literally 5-6 buttons, one of which is a cooldown, and three of which are identical "does damage and gives a charge of holy power" abilities.
>>
>>343739267
>>343739387

I find it to be unplayable after GW2 where you can freely move around while casting/attacking. It's like the different between playing the first witcher game and devil may cry 4.
>>
>>343722558
lol
>>
>>343739469
>casters have to stand still

WELL NO FUCKING SHIT

It's not like it would be any different if they were stutter stepping all game.
>>
>>343739469
Not being able to cast while moving is an intentional part of the game, it's the reason why ranged classes aren't overpowered. And melee classes CAN freely attack while moving, so what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>343739201
Been that way since wotlk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtxdmjUOQM

Its got a bad reputation for shitters playing it because its easy, kind of like hunters in recent expansions
>>
>>343739712
>hunters in recent expansions
I think you mean
>hunters since the dawn of wow except that 1 chill guy in the guild with rhok'delar
>>
>>343726443
>implying thats now how its been since cata
>>
>>343739896
you mean since launch *cough* warlocks
>>
>>343738516
Wasn't Wrath supposed to be te CRUSADE/FUCKTHEUNDEADS expansion?
>>
>>343739896
Class gameplay was most complex in Cata and MoP though.
>>
>>343740130
yeah but Tirion is a fag
>>
>>343739596
He's not wrong. I don't agree with his sentiment, just the message. The game has always been incredibly casual, from day 1.
>>
>>343739985
M8 everyone knows in vanilla every spec had 50 keybinds with 47 of those being rotational not to mention every spell was well designed and 100% required for each class to function.

Only shitty modern wow has simple rotations. Anyone who says the vanilla lock rotation was put up CoE so the mages could carry then spam shadow bolt is a lier who clearly never played in glorious vanilla.
>>
>>343740306
>The game has always been incredibly casual, from day 1.
Show us your Mythic Archimonde and/or Gladiator achievements bro :)
>>
>>343740569
a few autism trophies don't make the rest of the game hardcore, anon.
>>
>>343740569
>literally cannot die in 99% of the game unless you throw yourself off a cliff
>YEAH BUT HOW ABOUT THIS ONE SINGLE FIGHT THAT'S ENTIRELY OPTIONAL
>>
>>343742417
top kek kill yourself
>>
File: 1458679605290.jpg (18 KB, 360x393) Image search: [Google]
1458679605290.jpg
18 KB, 360x393
>>343721389
Yeh but the abilities they've done aren't engaging. And they're taking engaging abilities away like warrior spell reflect.
>>
File: 1403503810265.jpg (12 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1403503810265.jpg
12 KB, 245x200
>mfw I realized WoW fans will never be satisfied, no matter what changes they make to the game
>>
PVE
>just using your regualr 1-10 keys

PVP
>binding multiple keys with same spells that use arena and such

wew
>>
File: whatthefuck.png (21 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.png
21 KB, 245x300
>BM hunter literally have a 3 button "rotation" with virtually 0 synergy between abilities

t-thanks blizzard
>>
>>343742579
>literally cannot die in 99% of the game unless you throw yourself off a cliff
Yetimus is a level 25 elite who cannot be soloed by melee characters at an appropriate level even in heirlooms.
>>
All i know is i'm having fun on the beta killing people in the opener with literally 0 chance of retaliation as an assassination rogue.

If they were going for class fantasy they sure nailed it because i assassinate the fuck out of people.
>>
>>343742986
>fight him inside the cave so it negates fall damage
>or up against a mountain to minimize the damage
wew so hard
>>
>>343736261
>Vanilla
>Shockwave
>>
Why did they have to ruin Ret in Legion?

I don't want to play Arms, I wanna be a fucking roulette wheel that sometimes blows up a quarter of the fucking casino.
>>
>>343744523
But that's exactly what arms does
>>
>>343721767

Yeah, but with the action bars it can be stupid. Take shaman for instance, I need an add on so I don't have 15 totems cluttering up my bars, when most of them are pretty useless in most situations. Then we have shit like far sight which is also mostly useless and something I won't put on my bars.
>>
>>343744670
Sure but the Arms game is rigged to always go off on a timer.

As Ret all I really want are fucking flashing lights popping up everywhere telling me "AW SHIT IT HAPPENED EARLY WE GOTTA GO NOW".
>>
>>343744986
I'm really going to miss divine purpose+improved divine storm+final verdict
>>
File: 1467340673478.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1467340673478.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>>343721536
Obvious bait. Heres your (you).
>>
File: 1467481689315.jpg (12 KB, 255x230) Image search: [Google]
1467481689315.jpg
12 KB, 255x230
>>343742846

This has been true for a while now. Hunters are a dumb people class where they mash 3 do-huge-damage-right-now abilities and about five disengages, roots, stuns, slows, etc.
>>
>>343744986
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6eIet7QRpo

we need to go back brother
>>
>>343738510
>I-it's just a BETA!
This has been blizzcucks damage control phrase since Cataclysm beta as well as "you're just nostalgic"
>>
>>343721389
the fact that theyre situational is what makes them engaging you retard, if youre just spamming the same abilities for every situation the game is fucking pointless
>>
>>343732009
>>343732515
>>343733780
You're all retarded

Use

`, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Q, E, R, T, Y
F, G
Z, X, C, V, B

Then you can use all of those with shift+, ctrl+, and even alt+ modifiers if you're desperate for more combinations.

Holy shit though come on get it together.
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.