[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a spoopy vidya pls? It's been a while since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sh21[1].jpg (72 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
sh21[1].jpg
72 KB, 1200x675
Can we have a spoopy vidya pls? It's been a while since i've seen a decent thread discussing anything about horror video games.

Everything spoopy related to video games is welcome
>>
>>343721341
My own idea for a horror video game
>Open World
>There's a serial killer on the loose
>Game is about you investigating the murders of the serial killer
>No radar, no le epic exp points, no le epic skill trees or any of that nonesense
>You have to rely on your own notes and your own intuition to solve the mystery of the serial killer
>the more you investigate the more you begin to attract the attention of the serial killer
>further down the line you reach a point where you have peaked the killer's interest
>killer's AI is entirely dynamic, he might break into your home whether you're there or not and if he does break in when you're not there you will only notice if you are really paying attention and notice certain small changes around your house
>each night you have to choose whether to sleep or to remain awake in case the killer decides to come
>staying awake for too many days will begin to take a toll on your sanity

I've had this idea for a while. The technology to make this happen is probably non-existent but I think its a nice break from the tired le spooky ghost shit in horror video games.
>>
>>343722134
>the technology
All you would need is a good coder/programmer. What you described isn't really anything fancy or difficult.
Difficult to do alone, sure.
The overall idea is too slow and placeless for a horror game though. It sounds more like a walking sim but later in the game you can suddenly die while sleeping.
>>
>>343722134
Not gonna lie OP I'd play that. I'm thinking something like Deadly Premonition but serious and not quirky.
>>
>>343722134
This reminds me of the old days of playing red dead redemption online with my mates and we'd all scatter across the huge ass map then try to hunt each other down
>>
>>343722626
>walking simulator
God I hate this term. It makes me think the person saying is some COD babby with ADD issues.
>>
>>343722626
there would be more stuff to do in the game. This is just the general idea. I wouldn't be slow in my opinion.
>>
>>343723292
Why? I'm just saying 75% of the game sounds like it consists of just walking and talking.
Like Firewatch. Definite walking sim.
Anyways, your idea would probably need some more randomly happening murders or something around as you research the killer. Or you're right on his tail early on and try to not get noticed, then there's a little middle part with plot and Lore and then the end part where he tries to find you.
>>
>>343722134
>Choosing to stay awake at night
>Locked up in your bedroom
>behind the matress with a shotgun pointed at the door and the lights off
>do this 3 night in a row
>by the 4th night your mind begins to play tricks on you

mitebcool.jpg
>>
I find lsd dream emulator to be real spooky.
But it's only scary when I play it, when I lend it to my friend he never gets popscared by the gray man and doesn't end up in the scary areas with dead people.
>>
>>343723585
Anon it sounded like his idea was a procedural experience more than a narrative driven one.
>>
>>343725908
I'm aware
The player could just spawn close to the procedural murders early on as a fast starter or something. I dunno, it just sounds weird to just research for so long before the scary, engaging gameplay begins.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.