[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pic related worth picking up? Open to any JRPG suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: roguegalaxy12.png (355 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
roguegalaxy12.png
355 KB, 500x300
Is pic related worth picking up? Open to any JRPG suggestions for the PS2. Already FF 10 and XII.
>>
Persona 3
Dark Cloud 2
Tales of the Abyss
>>
>>343718827
Yeah it's good. Also get Radiata Stories.

You emulating?
>>
>>343719659

Yeah.
>>
>>343718827
I think Tales of Symphonia is on ps2 though i may be mistaken, but if it is, it's a must
>>
Yeah its pretty good. Fairly grindy and the voice acting is bad to awful but I liked it a lot.
>>
Pretty generic story with lots of ripped-off characters. But the gameplay is fucking fantastic. Definitely worth buying
>>
>>343718827
Ugh.. combat is the same through the whole thing. I dropped it after going back to the sand planet.
>>
>>343719824
Try to use some shaders for Radiata Stories if you play it, it's kind of blurry.

Tales of the Abyss also is buggy but someone made a specific graphics plugin for it so hunt that down.

>>343719884
Better on GC for 60fps if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: Dark Cloud (1).jpg (150 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud (1).jpg
150 KB, 800x600
>>343718827
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
Tales of the Abyss
Dragon Quest VIII
Star Ocean 3 (fuck you I liked it)
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

You should get some PS1 JRPGs too, I can list some if you're interested.
>>
>>343718827
its a game where you do 1 chapter a week. Any more and you will find it repetitive
>>
>>343718827
Digital Devil saga
Shadow hearts
Metal Saga (if you like open-world tank jrpg)
>>
>>343718827
Its hard for a functioning adult to enjoy it. Its' WAY too kiddy
>>
>>343721524
So is Kingdom Hearts yet I see that praised around here very often.
>>
>>343718827
I dropped it when you got to the mining planet. I really wanted to like it, but it has too many cons for me to continue. Bad UI (hide your party status beneath two windows - smart!) and the combat is so shallow, which i can forgive if it was fun and fast like kingdom hearts, but it's not. I think it would have been better as a turn-based game imo.
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-08-22 20-27-54-79.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-08-22 20-27-54-79.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>343721524
Pretty sure it's more mature than most JRPGs.
>>
>>343722271
Can you fuck dudes in it?
>>
I really enjoyed the game. The multiple planet exploration was really nice. I quite enjoyed the dungeons as well.

Only two complaints I have are:

1. Mimics are fucking bullshit.

2. There is a dungeon towards the end of the game that is actually just the incarnation of cancer. Anyone who has played it knows exactly what I am referring to.
>>
Dark Cloud looks pretty comfy, so I'm also open to any games that have a comfy adventurous feel to them.
>>
>>343718827
6.5/10

gets boring very fast but is veryyyyyyyy long like 40+ hours
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.