[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Total War: Warhammer worth getting? I've always been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: totalwar_wh_gianthandshake_0.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
totalwar_wh_gianthandshake_0.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Is Total War: Warhammer worth getting?

I've always been a fan of the series, but I don't know if I feel like dropping $60 on a fantasy RS. In all honestly, I've hardly been playing video games for the last couple years. I think the last time I played one was in February, which was GTA V when I was drunk.

However, a decent TW game could get me sucked in for a couple months.

My main concern is that it seems more geared towards autismos. Is Warhammer good or just autismo?
>>
What is "autismo"? It does have some things to compensate (like far greater unit and faction variety as well as AI not having quite as much rope to hang itself with) but on most accounts it's the simplest TW game if that's you're asking.
>>
I love it because I like Total War and Warhammer Fantasy. I wish it had more factions and every unit ever however. But maybe DLC will help fix that.

Buy from a key site for $40 or something
>>
>>343714097
Me in the hand.
>>
>>343714917

What do you mean by simplest?

>>343715651

Is it at as fun as the other games?
>>
>>343715896
I like it better because of the monsters and that everyone isn't human like in the historical games, or the same old earth map.

I vowed never to buy another CA game after Rome 2, but I don't regret caving and getting this
>>
>>343714097
It's not absurdly complicated. You'll focus more on tactics than management. Shit like economy, public order, and infrastructure is simple though if you ignore it you'll be fucked. There's no storyline to follow either so just conquer shit and purge anything that isn't you.
>>
>>343714097
I bought it and it's okay, it's my first warhammer too. I have yet to manage and win the campaign because it's balls to the walls hard, the AI asspulls units out of nowhere and in general you are always on your toes.

I really like warhammer fantasy so there's that. I feel like the game can be really better and the first update already ironed out some of the things I didn't like.

For me it's 7/10 because of theme.
>>
>>343714097
I can't really tell you why, but I didn't like it. I bought it and only played around 2-3 hours.

I'll try to get into it again sometime later because it was too expensive to drop, but holy shit how I regret buying it. This was the first and probably the last Denuvo game I bought. Never again.
>>
>>343715896
Well, compared to Attila (ie. the previous game) for example it misses a great number of features (like faction system, family trees, food, disease, strategic resources etc) and the building system in particular is much more simple so the campaign gameplay is much more straightforward as the few faction-specific mechanics like grudges for Dwarves or reanimation for Vampire Counts aren't nearly enough to compensate for losses. That's for the strategic map, anyhow.

During battles there are also things that have been removed (like special unit abilities, I personally don't mourn them, though) but in this case there's a lot of replacing mechanics like magic, more damage types and far greater unit variety so battles are equally or more involved compared to prior games.
>>
I've spent just shy of 95 hours on it so far
I didn't really care much about Warhammer Fantasy, nor did I particularly love Total War (my last Total War was Medieval 2)
I've really enjoyed it, especially the Greenskins campaign
The battles are a bit quick though, it's a bit odd seeing this huge clash of thousands of warriors being all over in about 5 minutes
>>
>>343716468
The campaign difficulties are a bit uneven, and the prompt at the start is misleading. For example:
Dwarves are quite hard due to the Grimgor Threat to the south. One mistake and he'll roll over you with ease.
Greenskins are extremely simple and forgiving of mistakes, you just fight fight fight. You can even crush the Dwarves inside the first ~30 turns
Chaos is... funny, you can just run around forever really. You'll be chased plenty but as a horde you have the advantage of never needing to defend anything if you don't want to
Empire you need to get on top of confederations early too
Vampire Counts are creepy fun
>>
>>343715742
Me with the hammer, on the right.
>>
Not a perfect game but its probably the most interesting total war to date. Empire management is by no means easier but it has been streamlined. The battles are phenomenal. Every faction plays meaningfully different from the ground up. Yes its worth getting
>>
It's a total war game. Have you played them before? Like them? You'd like this. Hate them? You won't like this.

Game feels like it's missing things, such as other races. Map feels small compared to other TWs, but I'm fine with that because Rome and Attilia has too many worthless regions.
>>
>>343714097
It's definalty the best TW since Shogun 2.

If you didn't play Shogun 2, you should pick that up first; it's got a good sale right now.

If you have Shogun 2 or love TW, get it- it's well worth it for the campaigns.
>>
>>343718823
>Dwarves are quite hard due to the Grimgor
Yeah, I'm playing the dwarf campaing. Grimgor is basically god, so is Azhag. They also pull 20 stacks out of thin air because of the waaagh mechanic, and their goblin wolfrider cavalry is pretty threating because of low mobility.

I've tried god knows how many times. Dwarves up north will eventually get crushed by vampires and if you manage to keep dorfs south alive they won't do shit because they usually ignore war coordination unless there's literally no threat around.
>>
I need to get a new card before I can play it comfortably
Any recommendations, or comparison charts?
>>
40K is the autismo one
Fantasy is patrician
>>
>>343714097
it's pretty fun.
>>
>>343720765
I can honestly say I've never had a good run as Dwarves. Brutally hard. I've heard that straight up chasing Grimgor from the get-go might be the best tactic...
>>
>>343722215
Looks like Ekrund's a bad time
>>
>>343715742
me with this fag in my hand
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.