[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR dead space thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 25
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
FUCK YOU

AND FUCK YOUR dead space thread
>>
>>343712803

I don't get the markers. The one in DS1 prevented the necros but all the other ones cause necros?
>>
File: file.png (829 KB, 666x897) Image search: [Google]
file.png
829 KB, 666x897
>doing that scene with the foam finger
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
>>
hey.
>>
>tfw the memory of the deadspace series will forever be marred by the abomination that is deadspace3
>>
i never beat the final boss of Dead Space 2
it was stupid and difficult and even though i enjoyed the rest of the game immensely the final boss was just too much for me
no other fight in the game is like it and that frustrates me to no end when games do that
great game but fuck the final boss
>>
>>343712925
I'm not gonna think too hard about the lore of DS anymore, but here's the way I understood it.

The original marker that supresses the necros was discovered, and is made of some alien technology.

The other markers that create necros were man made, an attempt to reverse-engineer the marker. They clearly fucked up.

However, I have no explanation why the exact same thing happened on the alien planet on DS3
>>
what a shame they only did 1 sequel, oh well at least it went out on a high note. But man is it a clifhanger
>>
>>343712925
I fucking love Dead Space but as much as I tried understanding the Markers, all I've gathered is "Markers turn smart people like Isaac crazy and seeing hallucinations to make more or stupid people into Necromorphs".
>>
File: 1437974955070.jpg (604 KB, 850x1201) Image search: [Google]
1437974955070.jpg
604 KB, 850x1201
Would you read a Dead Space manga?
>>
i need to finish ds3
>>
>>343713562
Nigga just use the force gun, that shit will clear your screen
>>
Only if it involved cute traps getting violated by necromorphs
>>
>>343714245
Yeah you need to see the true villan of the series
>>
>>343713768
Why cliffhanger? Issac clearly fucks the grill and they lived happily ever after.
>>
meant >>343714557 as a reply to >>343714196
>>
>tfw you lost all the dead space comics /v/ made

almost as good as TUUUUUBES
>>
>>343714781
sucks mang, never heard of those before
>>
>>343714461
tried that it wasnt enough
i also ran out of ammo for it alot and switched to that land mine gun and that worked to kill the necrolets clawing at my johnson but i couldnt actually kill her with it
>>
>>343714570
But EA's logo comes up before you can even start playing
>>
File: hahaha why.png (53 KB, 366x263) Image search: [Google]
hahaha why.png
53 KB, 366x263
>>343715068
>>
File: ds_1.png (41 KB, 560x983) Image search: [Google]
ds_1.png
41 KB, 560x983
>>343714781
these?
>>
>>343714570
>Yeah you need to see the true villan of the series
Dude that was horrible.

A GIANT EYEBALL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOON AYYLMAOOO
>>
File: ds_2.jpg (262 KB, 646x2876) Image search: [Google]
ds_2.jpg
262 KB, 646x2876
>>343715429
>>
File: ds_3.png (61 KB, 560x990) Image search: [Google]
ds_3.png
61 KB, 560x990
>>343715562
this is my last one
>>
>>343715449
Seriously what the fuck was that?
>>
File: issacisdead.jpg (979 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
issacisdead.jpg
979 KB, 1920x1080
>>343712925
So, the marker on Earth only had instructions for humans to create their own, and the genetic code that created necros. The man made ones were just ideas planted by the first ones into the minds that made them, to spread the infection around. The one in the first game didn't actually suppress necros, that was just the marker trying to get a convergence event to happen.
>>
>DS1 sells 2 million copies and is profitable because it was given an appropriate budget
>DS2 sells 2 million copies and is profitable because it was given an appropriate budget
>DS3 sells 2 million copies and the whole franchise gets canned because it didn't sell 5 million copies

What the fuck is EA's problem? Chevy doesn't make as much of a profit on the fucking Spark compared to a Corvette but they still make them because there is a market.
>>
File: unitologist faggot.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
unitologist faggot.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
how many times does this faggot just gloat when he has a gun on Isaac at point blank, because I want to say 4. You'd think with all that extra dialogue he'd at least be a decent bad guy, but I can't even remember his name.
>>
File: 1371716462322.jpg (56 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1371716462322.jpg
56 KB, 250x250
>>343716428
>You'd think with all that extra dialogue he'd at least be a decent bad guy, but I can't even remember his name.

Kain
>>
>>343713768

This was one of the best moments in gaming for me. The build up, expectation, and payoff was fucking awesome, and it's one of the main reasons I'm not as hard on Dead Space 2 as I want to be.

Also; fuck that final boss fight. I had the fun idea I'd do another cutter only run; that fight was fucking miserable.
>>
>>343713676
>The original marker that supresses the necros was discovered, and is made of some alien technology.
No, that was confirmed within Dead Space 1 itself to be man-made.
It was the first Marker discovered by humans (specifically, Altman) that was an actual alien artifact.
Personally, I think they just retconned what the Markers do to add Lovecraftian implications in 2, and then double-downed on it for 3.
>>
>>343716703
I did cutter only runs my first time playing both DS1 and DS2, and I don't remember having any problems. I played with M+K though.
>>
>>343716928
>add Lovecraftian implications

Other than the fact that markers create space horrors, the lore is really more like 2001: A Space Oddyssey
>>
GIANT MOON-SIZED CORPSE PILES
I love it.
>>
fav loadouts go
>forcegun
>cutter
>contact beam
>ripper/javilen
>>
>>343717306
On one hand I can see why people would find that a kind of dumb explanation, but on the other hand, I don't know what would have been a good one. You can't even do the whole "an unexplained mystery is better" thing because eventually you have to pay off on all that speculation somehow. I still think playing the alien planet card was a bad move. Maybe visiting the first colony that found the Marker and finding out some deep lore on Altman would have been more interesting, like maybe he knew something no one else did.
>>
>>343717217
>ancient artifact created by an unknown alien race that was in turn influenced by an UNKNOWABLE alien race, said artifact causes dead cells to reanimate to form a hive mind zombie-alien that tries to kill everything to rebirth the higher-tier race, which is literally evil planets
compare to
>ancient artifact created by unknowable alien race that is used to hasten evolution of intelligent lifeforms so they can "ascend"
like m8 come on
>>
>>343717801
Oh but Altman did.
Altman knew so much.
>>
>>343718075
I know that sounds "lovecraftey" because of all the monstrous dead reanimating tentacle monsters and psychic artifacts shit.

But the true theme behind cosmic horror really has little to do with ancient artifacts and giant tentacles. Those are just the packaging used to show you something more horrifying than that, which is simply the concept that the universe is bigger than you can ever imagine, and you are more insignificant in the grand scheme than you can ever imagine, and there are lifeforms out there that defy your cognition of what reality even is, as do their motivations.
>>
>>343718510
yeah but you would think as often as he got name dropped in the series the series you'd eventually have to focus on finding his old notes or journal or a holotape or something to stop the big twisty glowy rocks, because people just don't get religions made out of them for nothing.
>>
>>343718813
>Altman discovers the very first marker
>The marker is the monolith from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>It will grant you one wish
>Altman wishes to be god
Be careful what you wish for because you're gonna get it
>Now Altman is just immortally floating somewhere in space at the center of the universe.
>All forms of life seek to go to him after they die
>>
DS2 is on the steam sale

Worth getting if you liked 1?
>>
>>343719362
That would have been something.
>>
>>343719612
Yes
>>
I think it's a genius system really.
>make rock that furthers evolution of applicable species on planet it lands on
>after they become appropriately advanced, have it make those that come into greater contact with it make more of it
>have those that come into greater contact with it grow fucked in the head, which causes mass-genocide
>reanimate dead bodies, which then kill more
>have all of the dead bodies, a planet full, converge to make more Moons
Simply amazing
>>
File: 1437650166842.png (247 KB, 812x501) Image search: [Google]
1437650166842.png
247 KB, 812x501
DS4 when?
>>
>>343713552
I dont get the hate toward D3
It might be weaker than the rest but it's not so different than the other 2
>>
>>343713552
Is it really that bad? I've yet to play it, but I've heard nothing good from anyone about it.
>>
>>343713470
Should've used the best weapon in the game anon

4 shots. On hard mode.
>>
>>343712803
DS2>DS1>DS3
2nd game improved, gave Isaac voice, better graphics. 3rd game tried to include coop, but left shitty graphics without PC improvement in gfx fix, plus microtransactions. When corp. Profits win, a series dies.
>>
>>343720957
The hate was MOSTLY directed toward the in-game cash shop and microtransactions.

Yes, yes, we know it's completely optional side content and we shouldn't autistically RREEEEEEEEEE about it, but the point remains that I don't want to pay $60 for a AAA game, get immersed into the world and the story of the game, and then have the game stop and go
>HEY HERES A REALLY COOL ITEM, YOU CAN GRIND FOR 2 HOURS TO MAKE IT, OR YOU CAN GIVE US $1.99 AND HAVE IT RIGHT NOW

I honestly hope that Bobby Kotick gets prostate cancer
>>
why ?
>>
>>343720961
if you play it co-op it's a dead space with co-op with hallucinations and scary shit

if you play it solo all of those are missing and you're an unstoppable space marine
>>
>>343720708
At least not until Visceral is done with Star Wars.
>>
Why are people suddenly interested in Dead Space again?
>>
>>343721405
Dead Space is great nigga
>>
File: image.png (323 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
323 KB, 720x450
JUST
>>
>>343721405
Probably a steam sale or some bullshit
>>
>>343721405
/v/ actually has dead space threads semi regularly
>>
File: TACHIBANASAN.webm (972 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
TACHIBANASAN.webm
972 KB, 720x480
>mfw I've reached a point where I've played Dead Space 1 and 2 so much that I start the first few levels and then just stop playing
>this has been happening for 2 years now
I wish memory wiping drugs existed and able to be bought in bulk by the average person.
>>
>>343721475
from chinese cartoon to soccer mom in only 3 games
how do they do it ?
>>
File: needle.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
needle.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>343720957
It just felt like it had a lot of padding and that instead of trying to make interesting situations, in most cases they just started throwing wave after wave of dudes at you.

That and the whole plot was pretty stupid.
>>
>>343721374
>tfw no friends
>tfw also played pirated copy that leaked a few days before release
>>
>>343721475
Why did this happen?
>>
I don't get how they fucked up everything so bad with DS3.
>>
>>343713470
This was honestly one of the things I didn't like about 2. Not because it was hard, but because out of nowhere with no build up SUDDENLY A REGENARATOR again. Forced might not be the best word, but it felt forced.
>>
>>343721627
I know that feel bruh. Those games were fucking awesome but I can't play them anymore because I burnout on them in elite difficulty
>>
>>343721694
>>
>>343722110
I think one of the files you find talks about it, but yeah it did feel like it just popped up because they needed something for the end of the game.
>>
File: 2013-09-17_00004.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-17_00004.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
>>343721694
I actually felt like the core plot was pretty great

Ancient race of alien is necromorphed and everyone think it's the source but turn out they're just another random casualty
Also the planet is a giant ocean and it's frozen by a giant machine

Now the smallest plots, like the space cucking, the unitologists with AK, the dudes who locked themselves in the warehouse to die and the "oh boy I sure do hope that guy dont betray us"
Now that kinda killed the mood
>>
>>343722314
I agree.
I will never not love giant moon corpses.
>>
Just beat 2 recently. Doing hardcore mode right now
Is the Severed DLC good?
>>
>>343722314
The background and planet were great. i mean the driving plot of the game, which was the whole Unitology rules the Galaxy now and has a fucking army and the whole boyfriend side plot.

The DLC was actually kind of decent and everything in space was okay as well.
>>
>>343721968
If I were to guess: model her after her voice actress.
>>
>>343722568
It's okay. It ties up some shit if you played the light gun game and opens up questions they just ignored and threw away in 3.
>>
File: DESPITE ALL THE RAGE.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
DESPITE ALL THE RAGE.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1200
Reminder.

Dead Space 2 is the single greatest "cinematic" video game ever made.

The gameplay is solid heavy with differing enemy types, interesting/varied weaponry/equipment, and great enemy, puzzle, and set piece pacing.

The atmosphere and horror are superb. They don't outshine the first game game, but I'd argue those lesser aspects are made up for by the quality of the action they're replaced with. Some genuinely great scenes stick with me to this day.

The story is mysterious, well written, and well executed and has some clever tricks up its sleeve. The cast, too, is interesting and well acted with their own motivations, backgrounds, and personalities clashing and meshing as they should.

The game is gorgeous to look at and the graphical difference between it and its predecessor are actually rather staggering. The art design is easily some of the best work of the last generation; a Dead Space staple, even in 3.

The world design benefits from the excellent art design and manages to take you through many different environment themes even though the game takes place in a single station.

There is no HUD superimposed on top of the game and all elements related to it are in the game world while still being just as helpful and in view as any game with normal HUD.

The sound design is fantastic and well implemented and the score, while mostly ambient, keeps things in the proper spooky mood. The few standout tracks that are less ambiance and more musical number are fantastic as well. Those fuckin’ credits, yo.

Gameplay bleeds right into cutscene and then back out again. We never leave Isaac's perspective and follow him the whole way. The only loading screen in the entire thing is the very first one when you boot it up. After that the game never stops until you do or reach end. There is zero down time.

The game is lengthy and highly replayable with difficulty modes, new game plus, collectibles that add to the lore and your arsenal, and a 10/10 easter egg gun.
>>
>>343723972
You know something I like they did as well. I think it translates to all 3 games. Whenever there is a qte it's always the same button.

They said they did it so you didn't have to take your eyes away from the scene. It's a small thing, but I liked it.
>>
>>343723972
2 is far inferior to one

both are great games but 2 represents a lot of missed opportunities and design missteps. when it could've been better in every way, it's just not
>>
>>343724098
It does help.
After the first few times when you catch on, you don't even really notice that holographic A button hammer itself against the fourth wall.

That said I think that might be the only part of the HUD I don't like. I think a tutorial at the beginning of the game just telling you "here's what to do when you get grabbed" would have been a better idea in the long run.
>>
>>343724291
2 did do that, though, at the end of the loony bin escape sequence
>>
>>343724249
Everything can be better.
Every single thing.
The real question will always be "Is it good enough?"
>>
>>343724474
yes when the things that could've been better are obvious to the player that's when you have a problem
>>
>>343723972
>The sound design is fantastic
so much this, i always use dead space as an example of god tier sound design in games. literally everything in that game sounds great.
such a shame EA butchered the series, the first 2 are among my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>343724597
The things that can be better will always be obvious in everything you ever do or see.
Jesus Christ.
Your post could be better.
>>
>>343712803
Is dead space 2 hardcore still glitched on pc where you don't get the foam finger after you beat it?
>>
I dont often say this but Im glad the series is dead. 2 may not have been as well done as the first, but it was still a fun time that had a satisfying conclusion. I never played 3 because of where they took it
>>
>>343724823
Just never close the game. That includes Alt-Tabbing.
>>
>>343712925
I'm pretty sure the first one didn't; it turned out the Marker was lying to him the whole time.
>>
>>343722208
I forgot, what was the deal with that?
>>
>>343724853
3 isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The only real issue it had was that it attempted to incorporate open world shit, and as a result, area design dropped in certain areas.

Everything else was pretty top notch, and I'd make the argument that the weapon mods were the best we've seen in the series.
>>
I actually enjoyed 3.
>>
>>343726768
The machine extracts information and shit
>>
Where would the series even go after 3?
>>
>>343727789
I don't think it would.
We all moons now
>>
>>343716283

EA usually puts more and more expectations on a franchise while cutting what they can.

It's a model specifically designed to squeeze franchises until it dies. There are also the tie ins and advertising as well. Really it only works for Madden or CoD.
>>
why do people hate dead space 3 again? i know maybe the antagonist is shittily designed and theres that shitty fucking final boss design.. holy fuck

but everything else, just fantastic, characters feel so developed, those fucking logs man

finding the text logs about general mahad talking to their men before executing them, jesus

so many places to take screenshots in, game looked amazing

that customization...

the suits all look awesome but it really needed more variety, its only like 6 by following main story

the dude talking through the speakers mission, that tried to stop you because he thought you were going to kill him, its amazing

sountrack is epic

and fucking carver man, that dude is a great companion character

my last complaint is the lack of scares / creepyness the entire game has
>>
>>343717217

And without zombies RE6 is an episode of House of Cards.
>>
File: Universal ammo.jpg (54 KB, 404x313) Image search: [Google]
Universal ammo.jpg
54 KB, 404x313
>Isaac was one of the few characters I could relate with
>All that went out the window in DS3
>>
>>343730016
Are you a space engineer too? We should make a club.
>>
>>343718714
>But the true theme behind cosmic horror really has little to do with ancient artifacts and giant tentacles. Those are just the packaging used to show you something more horrifying than that, which is simply the concept that the universe is bigger than you can ever imagine, and you are more insignificant in the grand scheme than you can ever imagine, and there are lifeforms out there that defy your cognition of what reality even is, as do their motivations.

Funny how that always works out to eating people.
>>
>>343730230
Truly the most incomprehensible thing is simplicity.
>>
>>343721398
Is the Visceral SW game also the Amy Hennig game? And Jade's game?

I want to look forward to Visceral's next thing, but I don't give a fuck about Uncharted or AssCreed, which is what I think is associated with those two.
>>
File: Eyeballing.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Eyeballing.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>343730205
As long as you aren't a girl.

I'll ask my mom if I can get a tree house built in the backyard.
>>
File: 116839.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
116839.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>>343720957
I think the game design kinda suffered from the co-op focus.

Personally, I think there is zero problem with save station type saving, like in 1 and 2. But since 3 has drop in/drop out co-op, it's all checkpoint based. Even saving from the menu is the latest checkpoint and was never clear to me.

I ended up with multiples of key items sometimes cause I saved after getting one, but before reaching the next checkpoint. Then when I resumed I was at the beginning before I got the item, but with item in tow.
>>
>>343727789
They have to build the crucible to kill the necro-reapers.

Thankfully Isaac is an engineer so he can build it himself
>>
>>343713768
If they ended the series with him just dying there at the end of DS2 it would have been so much better
>>
>played the first one with friends late at night
>i dont like scary games, but the story had me interested so i went at it solo
>2 was the perfect story. Isaac is now experienced fighting, so its less scary
>me and friend co op 3, firemd is leaving for military soon and plays carver. Obviously by now isaac dont give a shit about the necromorphs, so its mostly action
As a series i thought it was great the whole way through, but i never went in wanting a horror game
>>
>>343732442
Dead Space series aren't that scary anyway (At least for me, and I couldn't even play shit like Amnesia or F.E.A.R)

Like every jump scares are premeditated by ooga booga clanking noise and you can shoot every corpses first to check if they're still alive or not.
>>
>>343732442
What I loved Dead Space for was the atmosphere.
The claustrophobia of being trapped on a dying ship, the strange feeling for being alienated and familiar with the space residential area, the horror of the unknown in the deep dark of space.
>>
>>343713562
>buy contact beam
>fully upgrade damage and alt fire
>spam alt fire when the Pack comes after you
>like two shots two Nicole and marker heart each round
>???
>profit

It's EZPZ nigga.
>>
File: powa_ny_biznesmen.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
powa_ny_biznesmen.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>TFW I was uncomfortable at the scene of successfully completing the needle in eye bit
>>
Dead Space 3 was seriously fun co op.
>>
>mfw I walked back onto the Ishimura in 2
>>
>tfw I loved playing as Isaac in the Playstation All Star Battle Roylae game
>>
File: 1467440690002.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1467440690002.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>343733786
>Needle in the eye was easy the first time I did it
>Second run is got alittle harder to do
>Abunch of run throughs later
>Can't do the needle scene anymore
>Can't beat the game anymore without help with that scene
>>
>>343716928
The original Marker, the Black Marker, is the one the other anon is talking about being alien in origin.

Not the Red Marker in DS1 that was a man made copy and you can hand wave that one wanting to suppress the Necros as humans fucking up in making it, that you're confusing it with.

As for why the Black Marker waited before starting shit, it supposedly landed on Earth within the meteor that killed the dinosaurs, it's easy enough to see that it wanted to wait until humanity has reached a sizable, multi-planet population so it can make a
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.