[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Combat Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 20160703_222639.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160703_222639.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Watched the original and new Independence Day movies, made me wanna fly fighter jets. Just bought these two for $25 total, never played an Ace Combat game before. Did I do good /v/?
>>
>>343709804
Yes, you got the two best games in the series. Play 4 first, it's harder and the story is really quite good. Zero is a fucking masterpiece in it's own right
>>
>>343709804

you overpaid, but yes you did good in that you got ace combat. play 4, buy and play 5, then play 0
>>
>>343709804
Absolutely. Play 04 then 5 or Zero.
>>
ye, you forgot to get 5 though
>>
>>343709804
You did good anon. You should play 4 first, but buy 5 and play it before 0, 0 is a prequel to 5 and relies really heavily on you having played it

All three games are fucking fantastic though
>>
>>343710464
>overpaid
4 was $6, Zero was $19. They're both in perfect boxes with manuals. Not many choices around here for local game stores so I don't mind paying a bit more for fun vidya and to support locals.
>>
>>343710628
>and relies really heavily on you having played it

this is kindof nonsense. the plots are related but ultimately the overarching plot of AC is not why you play it

you don't really need to understand who is at war with who or why

the best part of AC is going from a nobody to a fucking legend and hearing the enemy shitting their pants over your very presence over the radio chatter in later missions

you can play them in any order plot wise. i still recommend 4,5,0 order for improvements in gameplay and style. might as well end on the highest note.
>>
i'm finally playing 6 for the first time because i moved in with a roommate who has a 360

gameplay is fun but holy fuck now i finally understand what everybody was saying about the writing and voice acting

also fuck this tiny plane roster
>>
>all this talk of 5
Damn I gotta find it now. Store didn't have it sadly. I played the first 6 or so missions of 4 and it's incredibly fun, I didn't think I'd like the games cause I saw you have like 50 missiles but who cares it's awesome.
>>
Play this one first.
>>
>>343711591

congratulations, you can only go up from here
>>
just ordered a print of this
>>
>>343711667

that the highest resolution you got?
>>
>>343709804
Definitely overpaid, but if you are a working man then who the fuck cares, they're great games. Although for $25 I would have preferred a black label version of Ace Combat 4.
>>
>>343711459
>I didn't think I'd like the games cause I saw you have like 50 missiles

why would this be a problem unless you are a muh realism simulator loser
>>
File: 16598_front.jpg (104 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
16598_front.jpg
104 KB, 640x908
I just got this in the mail. I already played Ace Combat 4,5, and 0. This looks like more of the same. did I do good?
>>
File: 127527-Burbon.jpg (210 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
127527-Burbon.jpg
210 KB, 1280x1024
SIERRA HOTEL
>>
>>343711920
I'm usually a stickler for things like that but if it's fun who cares. I get pissed when you reload a shotgun in KF2 and the guy yells "NEW CLIP IN". /k/ isn't always a good influence.
>>
File: mobius 1 2.jpg (256 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
mobius 1 2.jpg
256 KB, 2000x2000
>>
>>343712206
ENEMIES IN THE SKIES ABOVE US
>>
>>343711591

oh man i struggled trough that one hard. not because it was hard, but rather too different to be on the same level of perfection as the other games in the series.

there were some cool missions that i found amusing, like the heli mission and the bombing run. but everything else was super lack luster.
>>
>>343711591
I nearly got this on the steam sale but my friend thankfully stopped me.
>>
So are the first 3 not worth playing or are they too old/dated? No one has mentioned them as "must plays".
>>
>>343709804
you forgot ace combat 5
>>
>>343714598
As far as I know:
Ace Combat 1 is a little rough around the edges, but Ace Combat 2 got the gameplay model down and plays more or less the same as everything that came after. Ace Combat 3 was a departure in the series and has a science fiction storyline with multiple branching paths with different story missions and also has plenty of fictional planes to fly (while the other games typically only have a couple). The story got cut out from the western localized version and the game got streamlined from a branching story spanning 52 unique missions to a linear 36-mission campaign, and some will say this is an unforgiveable sacrilege but I say what we got was still very fun and worth playing. There's an ongoing fan translation project for the Jap version, though.

All three games have amazing soundtracks
>>
>>343715417
Neat, I'll see if they're cheap or emulate them.
>>
>>343712430
ON YOUR LEFT
>>
File: Airforce_Delta_box_art.jpg (86 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
Airforce_Delta_box_art.jpg
86 KB, 500x495
>>343712203

We posting AC knockoffs?
>>
I finally grinned enough to get the B1 lancer in AC Infinity, did I do good?
>>
>>343709804
Saw 5 and 0 at a local store, might get them if they're still there. Just finished Assault Horizon Legacy+, it was fun but painfully short.
>>
>>343721201
>Infinity
No buddy, you didn't do good at all
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.