[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you want to dive into the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 23603371.jpg (50 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
23603371.jpg
50 KB, 500x365
>tfw you want to dive into the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne but you feel like you just simply do not have what it takes to beat the games
>>
>>343708971
they'll still rpg games at heart. if you're stuck you can still grind your way out.

or be an absolute pussy and summon help on every boss, like most normies do
>>
theyre not that hard, especially since all you lose when you die are your soulsbux. if youre patient and can learn as you go you can beat them, just remember there are tons of people who thought the same as you
>>
>>343708971
you can just level up and upgrade your shit and summon if you cant solo the boss

playing as a wizard is usually much easier than melee
>>
Fucking DSP beat them.
>>
>>343708971
all it takes is patience
>>
>>343711692
wooooooooow
>>
>>343708971

There's nothing wrong with summoning help, anon.
>>
>>343708971
The games are not that bad OP, I was in the same boat. Just beat DS1 few weeks ago. Its a literal case of your mindset plus, with the marketing being like the "DUDE ITS FUCKING HARD PREPARE TO DIE". Its a test to have restraint to not spam your attacks like in any action game and perseverance; you can exploit the Overpowered backstabbing on any normal enemy to keep chain stabbing. Hell fucking DSP completed the games, why cant you?
>>
>>343708971
The whole "dark souls is the hardest game ever prepare to die, hardcore gamers only" shtick it has is just a marketing gimmick/meme. It can be beaten by any one if they're willing to try, if you suck you can just grind souls and level up
>>
it took me about 50 hours to be able to be good at PvE. Go for it OP!
>>
Don't worry about it, friendo. Come over to my place and i can show you the ropes! We can hang out and eat snacks! :D
>>
>>343708971
git gud
>>
if these kids can beat the first boss why cant you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XPAdlkQYYA
>>
OP here
Alright guys, I'm definitely going to give it a try. I just needed a little boost and you guys did more than enough to help me out. I really appreciate it!
:)
>>
>>343708971
Just summon help if you are stuck at a boss and dying is a mechanic intended for you to take it slow; learn the level layout and enemies' quirks and their movements. Think of dying as progress
>>
How do I beat Nito?
>>
They're not even difficult, modern games are just horribly braindead
If you ever have trouble you can just summon a phantom and make any fight 10 times easier
>>
And also remember not to play dark souls 2 as it punishes death which in turn punishes exploration, also the whole fucking game is like sens fortress and no one wants that
>>
File: 1457982774322.png (467 KB, 961x984) Image search: [Google]
1457982774322.png
467 KB, 961x984
>>343711692
He didn't beat the Bloodborne DLC :^)
>>
>>343711692
This you have literally no excuse
>>
>talk about games at work
>someone mentions I beat dark souls over the weekend
>"HOLY SHIT DUDE THAT GAME IS SO HARD I COULDN'T HANDLE THE 1,000 deaths it takes to kill everything"
>oh anon it's not that bad, you just have to watch how your enemies react to you.
>"NOPE NEVER GONNA PLAY IT, TOO HARD"

these are my coworkers. life is great.
>>
>>343713240
Just stay around the general area where you drop and not aggro the big skeletons and get the small skeletons out of the way before Neeto comes. He not that hard if you learn his timing on the Gravelord dance and learn to back away when he does AOE attacks
>>
>>343713703
Find new employment
>>
>>343713703
At least your co-workers talk about video games.
I work with all girls and a gay guy and all they do is talk about Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat and getting fucked by their boyfriends.
>>
>>343713946
The problem is that I'm using the Dragon Tooth, and it's slow as fuck, so I get gangraped by the skellies in a matter of seconds
Should I use a faster weapon? Anything else deals shit damage...
>>
>>343713703
Tell him he is a pussy ass bitch for believing the marketing
>>
>own Dark Souls, always wanted to play
>don't have a controller
maybe one day
>>
>>343713703
Most people with that opinion went to the graveyard first and thought the game was supposed to be that difficult
That is legitimately poor game design
>>
>>343714248
I beat with just a divine long sword +4 that was formally normal plus 10 and two handing it and just react to his attacks. I just dodge and circle around when he misses me that gives a window for you to have some swipes.
>>
>>343714248
You need a divine weapon. Any one will do. Preferably a claymore.
>>
>>343714314
i say its works as intended to not go there first and plus i say its their fault for giving up and little bit of the marketing team for having an alienating tagline
>>
>>343713703
>Coworker drank tons of monster so he could stay awake for 3 days farming souls in a single spot.
>I tell him he has a problem and should probably stop.
>>
>>343714285
It has K+M support if you mod it.
>>
>>343714090
cuck
>>
>>343715627
It still sucks

I had to buy an XBOX 360 controller just to play dark souls, but there are so many games that are better with the controller that it was worth it. It only cost me 30€ too
>>
>>343715161
I went to the graveyard on my first attempt, and got my shit skele-stomped five or six times. Then I was relieved to find an alternate route - down to New Londo Ruins, where ghosts raped my asshole. After that, I put the game down for about six months. I just assumed that was how hard it was supposed to be.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.