[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Decide to watch some competitive Overwatch after I got tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: R8cJFvl.png (577 KB, 893x895) Image search: [Google]
R8cJFvl.png
577 KB, 893x895
>Decide to watch some competitive Overwatch after I got tired of the speed run stuff
>Literally just 2 teams of 2 Tracers, 2 Winstons and 2 Lucios running at each other with barely anything worth spectating

Wow, this game is a shit e-sport.
>>
E-sports are shit
>>
>character that can reset health
>character with main weapon doesn't require aiming

casual shitshow detected
>>
Overwatch is a joke. What did you expect?
>>
>>343696819
That's the problem with e-sports, it's becomes an e-sport because of the money pushing the game, and not always because people like the high end competition.
>>
>competitive
>overwatch

Pick neither
>>
>>343696819

Hero limits make the game much more watchable.

All three heroes do deserve to be gutted, though, I think everyone can agree to that.
>>
File: 009.gif (4 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
009.gif
4 MB, 294x233
>Casters are desperately trying to run damage control by pretending the game is exciting
>Players are openly mocking Blizzard for making this game so retarded and boring
>Casters are just chuckling nervously as they watch their future career go down the drain

God, it's look watching a train derail in person.
>>
File: 1451286274624.jpg (152 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1451286274624.jpg
152 KB, 750x750
>>343697680
It is.
But I don't really feel bad for Blizzard.

I do feel bad for the people that wasted their money on lootcrates though.
The stupid bastards.

Here come the
>You're just a poorfag
File: 1197385820273.png (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1197385820273.png
106 KB, 500x500
>>343696819
>blizzard game
>cancer meta
nothing new here
>>
It takes a while for metas to level out famm
>>
>>343698156
>takes a while for metas to level out
>a while
>Blizzard

-now 2-2-2
-in one year also 2-2-2 but with the heroes which are nerfed not as much as the other

Overwatch is doomed to fail as an e-sports game, because Blizzard can't into e-sports
>>
>>343698531
I'll eat your dick if it's as you say it is in a year. Metas evolve. I don't even play this game but just wait for people to figure it out.
>>
>>343697980
I don't think anybody is going to call you a poorfag. I bought 10 crates and didn't get a single thing I wanted. Crates are pretty bullshit in general.
>>
>blatantly lying

Most leagues impose a 1 hero limit because of this. There is no hero picked 100% of the time.
>>
>>343699102
top kek
>>
this is one of those games you play when drunk to have fun

i have no idea how it can be competitive
>>
File: 1310626550177.jpg (13 KB, 296x332) Image search: [Google]
1310626550177.jpg
13 KB, 296x332
>>343698783
they take a while when they're well designed and there's actual depth to them, not when it's just shit being thrown at a wall
>>
Fuck Tracer and assholes who pick her cus she's their "main"

Fucking useless cunt.
>>
>>343696819

20 odd heroes and the same 7-8 are used for every match (if you plan on winning, or hope the other team isn't coordinated).
>>
>>343699298
Even games with no initial depth have metas look at melee
>>
>>343699507
melee has accidental depth with the presence of glitches and other "advanced techniques"
>>
>>343699507
Underrated 5 star post man.

Melee is a casual scrubfest at low levels yet is meticulous as fuck at high level.
>>
>>343698783
The meta is only really going to change because of nerfs and buffs along with extra rules like 1 hero limit and no double CP maps. The only reason characters like soldier, reaper and roadhog are being picked on comp teams is because McCree was nerfed after completely shitting all over everything. There was nothing to "figure out" other than always run 1 or 2 of the character that can stun and shit out 840 damage in front of him.
>>
>>343697070
Another case of first reply, best reply.
>>
>large roster of heroes
>Lets not put hero limits in ranked xDD
>>
>Heroes are limited to one per team
>Switching heroes will keep up to 50% ult meter

Comp is now fixed.
>>
Just make ultimate meters lose half their charge upon dying.
There, you've fixed most of overwatch's problems.
>>
>>343699354
>Useless
>Highest DPS outside of turret Bastion
>>
>>343697370
It was never a problem until League of Legends showed that you can use esports to advertise your game. Now every multiplayer game has to pretend to be competitive first and legitimately balanced second, even Dota is falling into pitfalls like adding mechanics solely to make competitive exciting.
>>
>>343696819
if a game isn't 12 pharahs it isn't worth watching
>>
Competitive video games were a mistake.
>>
>>343700276

Then all the addy babbys will go into serotonin shock because they aren't getting their millisecond doses of the letter Q.
>>
>>343700897
>even Dota is falling into pitfalls like adding mechanics solely to make competitive exciting.
What do you mean?
Haven't followed dota in ages.
>>
>>343701190
GOOD.
Not that I care about "e-sports" or "competitive gaming" but there needs to be some sort of consequence for playing like shit.
There needs to be a reward for focusing down and eliminating players. Dying needs to be more than just a 20 second time-out. If this game wants to be taken seriously then it should treat its players less like babies.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.