[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled what did /v/ think of hyper light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1463439734569.jpg (52 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1463439734569.jpg
52 KB, 460x215
now that the dust has settled what did /v/ think of hyper light drifter?
>>
>>343686969
S'okay.

I don't know why these game maker action games keep running at 30 FPS when setting room speed to 60 is literally less than 2 seconds of work. Might be less than 1 if you can type "60" really fast.
>>
too short and lacking
if it were longer it would have been amazing
there was so much potential for cooler areas, awesome memorable bosses, exploration sidequests asside from finding fragments of the core (like for example, freeing that crystalized cat lady in the house), maybe even a different sword with movetsets
it could have been a 2D cuhrayzee game with more combo choices, it's already pretty cuhrayzee with you dashing all over the place
>>
It was really good but fairly unmemorable. If someone ever brings it up I'll go "oh yeah, that was a good game" but it's nothing that had any major impact on me. If anything it just made me want more 2D zelda clones.

Collecting those golden chip things is a pain in the ass and the game would have benefited from a "items collected in this area: n out of 20" or any similar indicator.
>>
Delivers on basically none of its kickstarter promises
>>
incomplete
terrible map
unfulfilling rewards for the boring collecting quests
a bunch of useless upgrades (one of the dash + sword ones, the gun upgrades)
did i say it was unfinished? because it was. and the trailers showed a ton of shit that was cut, so overhyped/overpromised as well
>>
>>343686969
unmemorable trash
>>
I want to FUCK the drifter.
>>
HLD is great, suffers for being 30FPS in an action game where input timing matters.
>>
>>343686969
underwhelming just like Armikrog.
at this point I have little hopes for A Hat In Time and Yooka Laylee
>>
SSStylish but too SSShort
>>
>>343689950
T-T-TODAY JUNIOR
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.