[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is this shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Capture16.png (200 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
Capture16.png
200 KB, 1919x1079
What the fuck is this shit
>>
Those are background trees, anon. Keep moving.
>>
File: ein.jpg (10 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
ein.jpg
10 KB, 227x222
that game is shovel knight I believe.
>>
Looks like some trees to me.

Who here hype for King Knight spinning antics?
>>
>>343684251
>>343684456
>>343684581

>defending mixels

How has /v/'s standards hit such a low point? Is it the reddit invasion?
>>
>>343684021
that is a video game, anon

they can be played on a computer and in many cases are enjoyable
>>
Hilariously enough, a lot of insanely popular indie games have mixels. Like Hotline Miami.
>>
>>343684021
a game with dope music
>>
>giving a single shit about mixels

spot the /agdg/ autist
>>
The fuck is a 'mixel?'
>>
>>343684976
is hotline miami really a retro game though? it just uses the pixels for aesthetic
>>
What's a mixel? I've never heard this term before. I tried google but all I get is some cartoon network shit and a LEGO show
>>
>>343684021
This thread again?
>>
>>343685149
>>343685265
missing pixels, maybe. I don't know
>>
>>343684683
I think it's just that most people aren't autistic enough to notice mixels unless they go looking for them. If there's sprite rotation then it's a different matter entirely because it sticks out like a sore thumb, but in the case of OP's pic for example I have literally completed that game twice and I wouldn't have noticed the misaligned pixels if they hadn't been pointed out to me.
>>
>>343684683
autism

Also,
>Shovel Knight > Plague Knight
>>
>>343685246
it's when a game with pixel art is running at a higher resolution than the actual resolution of the pixel art, so when things move and shift around the pixels seem to sit in the middle of two pixels instead of fitting together like a mosiac

depending on the pixel art it can be extremely noticable, I think it's fine in shovel knight's case though. the only thing that really stands out is the transition at the end of the campfire sequence
>>
>>343685489
I agree

plague knight is simply not fun to play, it's like they tried too hard to make something different

thankfully king knight looks a lot better
>>
>>343685725
I wouldn't say he's not fun, his mobility is fantastic and a radical change from Shovel Knight's more standard playstyle.

I think it also depends on platform as well, the 3DS and Wii U versions make the item swapping a breeze, whereas it's quite cumbersome on other platforms.
>>
>>343685918
maybe I need to play as him more, but last time I tried it I found myself fighting with the controls more than the level design
>>
>>343685261
You must be dumb as hell.
>>
>>343686075
I hated Plauge Knight on my first playthrough, second playthrough, it was a lot more fun.
>>
>>343684021
4 MILLION DOLLARS
M
I
L
L
I
O
N
>>
>>343685593
That is the single pettiest, least impactful thing I have seen anyone complain about on this site, and I've been here since 2006
>>
>>343689374
it's extremely noticeable in some games, so it's pretty valid to be honest. I don't think it's an issue in shovel knight however because there's no sprite rotation, and the art does a good job of hiding it
>>
>>343685725
>plague knight is simply not fun to play

>Goo Garment
>Screw Attack burst
>Staff of Surging

Turns the game from a platformer into a fucking CUHRAYZEE action game. Skip all the platforming sequences with bounce/surging/double jump/bomb burst, bounce off of EVERYTHING for sick STYLE POINTS, kill stuff by running into it, you get the idea. Go do it. Now.
>>
>>343689628
Yeah, sprite rotation and stretching/scaling are the only """"mixels"""" that actually look legitimately bad in my opinion. If all the pixels stay the same size throughout the game and none of them rotate, it gets a free pass. Things like the picture in the OP are honestly unnoticeable when actually playing games (something which /v/ doesn't do)
>>
>>343684021
Guys I think I'm retarded.
I honestly have no idea what I'm looking at.
>>
File: XyUqeFS.jpg (537 KB, 920x710) Image search: [Google]
XyUqeFS.jpg
537 KB, 920x710
A great game

But an inferior hero
>>
>>343691003
Wait

Is this the artist who does those Hyrule Warriors comics with Lana/Cia, or is that somebody else?
>>
>>343684021
how the fuck is this a "mixel"
they just flipped the tree the opposite direction.
wtf is the problem there.
there's like a single pixel that's dark blue and shouldn't be though.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.