[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started this game. Any tips to make sure I don't miss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: h7ozqigkwx3mxg5yhaka.jpg (876 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
h7ozqigkwx3mxg5yhaka.jpg
876 KB, 1366x768
Just started this game. Any tips to make sure I don't miss anything?
>>
I'd recommend trying some more "interesting" character ability configurations. I made a Thief with Throw, Reflexes, Concentration, and Move +3 and it was so sweet. Also try a Bard with Speechcraft.
Point being, fuck around with creative unit ideas. Makes the game so much more interesting.
>>
Also, if you're playing the PSP remaster, keep Agrias, Mustadio, Lavian, and Alicia on your party. In Ch. 4, a special scene triggers that allows you to buy a female only accessory for 400k gil that is pretty damn good.
>>
Move-Find item immediately!
>>
Oh yeah. Make sure the units with it have lower Bravery though. On panels with items, the rarer find requires lower Bravery for better odds of acquisition.
>>
Get JP up when you can and everything else becomes a breeze. Remember that you don't need to switch to a job to get JP for that job, only someone with the job in the party when going out for fights.
>>
Oh, and make sure to create multiple saves for certain occasions. The game has a couple of stretched out sequences that can be somewhat challenging, and loading beforehand to train or change unit outfittings can make the difference.
>>
File: 55708752_p6_master1200.jpg (379 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
55708752_p6_master1200.jpg
379 KB, 800x600
Never dismiss Mustadio or let him die permanently or you'll miss out on best couple, best robot, and another guy.
>>
>>343680978

Don't save anywhere but the world map unless you have a backup save
>>
>>343684126
>master
>>
Thanks guys. I remember in FFTA there were a number of items you could only get with a thief and would be missable past a certain point of play. Is it like that here too?
>>
>>343685493

Yes

There are katanas you can only steal from the Marquis and if you miss them you will never be able to use those Samurai abilities.

There may be others but that's all that comes to mind.
>>
File: zodiac.png (39 KB, 552x549) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.png
39 KB, 552x549
>>343680978
Delete everyone and make your own characters. 4 Generics is good because you can only deploy 5 characters at a time (including Ramza) anyways. Physical characters should have high brave while magical characters should have high faith. Preferably both though. Also try to make your zodiacs compatible with your main character if you can. Max/Min means you get the best bonus if the two opposite zodiacs are opposite gender respectively and you get the worst if they are the same gender. Zodiac also applies to enemies so keep that in mind. Give EVERYONE Gained JP Up ASAP which you unlock via the Squire job. It's incredibly useful for the early game to get your characters up to speed. Some of the other Squire abilities are fairly useful like Accumulate which raises PA but also gives you free experience and job points so you can use it to grind if you 'd like. Afterwards do whatever you like.
>>
File: 1449032765416.png (488 KB, 858x804) Image search: [Google]
1449032765416.png
488 KB, 858x804
>>343687165
>>
>>343688859
Sorry I got really carried away there. This game brings out my autism. Just ignore the zodiac shit if you'd like, it's not that important.
>>
File: 1467152360794.jpg (106 KB, 851x722) Image search: [Google]
1467152360794.jpg
106 KB, 851x722
I appreciate the advice guys. I probably won't do any minmaxing since it's a single player experience and I don't want to steamroll it. I just don't want to miss events or rare items.
>>
>>343690054
Don't be afraid to grind a couple of battles at some times. There are some rough fights you'll encounter.

Abuse throw item. It's literally never a waste to have
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.