[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9
File: Skyrim.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
Is it really that bad?
>>
no, it's a good game. /v/ just hates it because it's popular
>>
It isn't bad it's just worse than the ones before it.
>>
It's not terrible, but it's pretty sloppy and lazily made. Best thing about it is the lore which is pretty damn good.
>>
>>343676601
Yes. The quests suck. The characters suck. The world is empty and dead.
>>
>>343676601
Arguably the greatest game of all time, and definitely in the top 5. It's a must-play.
>>
>>343676949
Whoa there cowboy let's not get crazy
>>
>>343676601
it has many flaws but still manages to be fun
>>
as wide as an ocean, as deep as a puddle
>>
It's just boring as fuck. Dragon's Dogma at least kept me engaged with its fun combat.
>>
>>343676601
No.
>>
File: 1464921915951.jpg (14 KB, 585x350) Image search: [Google]
1464921915951.jpg
14 KB, 585x350
>>343676601
I played it on PS3
>>
>>343676601

Quest lines were too short and the RPG mechanics were so dumbed down that you could do everything on one file negating any reason to ever replay it.

That being said it's still a fun game that I pumped around 70 hours into with the DLC. It just could have been far better.
>>
>>343676601
Its easily one of the greatest games of all time if you mod it like a real rpg, frostfall and all that.
Vanilla is also pretty good,
Theres a reason that it is talked about 5 years later while generally bad games like ESO and evolve got shat on and were forgotten
>>
>>343677195

It's your own fault. You should have known after New Vegas/Fallout 3 how bad it was going to be. Bethesda had no idea how to work with that hardware.
>>
should I get oblivion guys, is it better than Skyrim atleast?
>>
File: ModsWillFixIt.jpg (51 KB, 506x480) Image search: [Google]
ModsWillFixIt.jpg
51 KB, 506x480
>>343677303
>>
>>343677653

Oblivion is arguably the best entry of the Elder Scrolls games but ONLY with mods to address the terrible scaled leveling.
>>
>>343677653
Get Morrowind instead.
>>
>>343677046
/thread
>>
>>343677827
XD
>>
It's fun as hell, just ambitiously big, and bethesda somehow forgot how to do that. A lot of things to grumble about, but definitely worth playing.

Plus, with the active modding community it can almost become a different game.
>>
>>343676805
>>343677046
>>343677225

This.
>>
>>343677849
What's the point of leveling up if everything levels up with you? No, seriously, I don't understand the thought process of game designers who give you a way to become stronger, but then make sure that everything stays exactly as hard as you get stronger.
>>
>>343677849
which mods would that be
>>
>>343678656
There's this mod called permazones you might like.
>>
Only thing that bugs me about it is the combat...it just looks silly. I'm hoping in the next-gen version of elder scrolls they put a lot more work into realistic looking and feeling combat.
>>
>>343676601
It's okay
>>
As big as an ocean, as deep as a puddle, etc etc etc
>>
>>343678656

It's so the player isn't restricted by their level and can do anything they want immediately.

But Oblivion's system is so shit you can actually get weaker as you level.
>>
File: 1467524434311.gif (48 KB, 640x442) Image search: [Google]
1467524434311.gif
48 KB, 640x442
It's not a bad game but it's not as good as it could have been

The Dragonborn DLC is great though, and not just because of all the nostalgia pandering. Genuinely well done.
>>
>>343679136
kek

Bethesda gave up on realistic combat when they dropped the miss mechanic
>>
>>343679136
There's a mod that makes both the player and NPCs stagger when hit by a heavy attack or if they run out of stamina when they block. Combat is still shit but it adds some weight to the hits at least.
Kinda neat when you take a warhammer to the face and the camera goes spinning around.
>>
>>343679585

I'm talkin dark souls or even witcher 3 combat in first person. Dodging, rolling, circling.

Alas...
>>
It's good, but uninspired.

One of the biggest side quest lines is for a fighters guild called "The Companions"

Like seriously? The Companions? How fucking long did it take for them to come up with that name?

It's like they were literally naming it on their way out of a board meeting on their way to starbucks.
>>
>>343679316
If you're relatively as strong as x enemy at level 30 as you were against equivalent enemy at level 1, then you might as well not level up at all! You're not progressing, the level has no meaning.

Having areas "closed off" until you reach a level means that levels are at least tied to progression and do mean something.
>>
>>343679775
There's a mod for weapon grip switching.
>>
>>343679416
>The Dragonborn DLC is great
Same goes for fallout 3's dlc: point lookout and the pitt. Something tells me their being made without the original team with todd and shit
>>
>>343676601

It has some very good things about it that make you overlook the flaws when you first start playing, but eventually the deep flaws can't be ignored.
>>
>>343680052

and that too.
>>
>>343676601
Better RPG than The Witcher, at least.
>>
>>343677225
>negating any reason to ever replay it.

The lack of classes makes it so you can replay it. I created a whole bunch of different characters combining different fighting styles.

You can go full warrior, mage or stealth archer. You can combine illusion magic with stealth using only daggers for stealth kills. If you are playing the right way your character has committed to either heavy or light armour or alteration magic for defense.

If you used conjurating demons, conjuring weapons, necromancy, destruction magic, illusion, one-handed weapons, two-handed weapons, bows, healing spells, potions, smithing, enchanting, dagger kills and shouts all in the same playthrough you got only a shallow idea of each one.
>>
>>343679284
>As big as an ocean, as deep as a puddle, etc etc etc

What would you add to Skyrim to make it deeper than a puddle?

How are other games deeper?
>>
>>343681241
best specc is full illusion no weapons.
>>
No, even vanilla is pretty fun. But mods easily make it the best sandbox RPG out there.
>>
>>343680720
You haven't actually played the witcher have you?

I'd rather look at it's menu than play skyrim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIuh8F_RROg
>>
>>343681241
>playthrough you got only a shallow idea of each one.
I don't see it, none of the perks are strong enough to really change up how each combat style works. You always stealth or smash the same way, no matter how far you got into the tree.
>>
>>343681458
>best specc is full illusion no weapons.

What if you have to kill a single enemy if you have no weapons? You need at least one direct combat skill.

Illusion would be bad for Dark Brotherhood missions. You wouldn't be able to kill a single person at all, without turning the town into a war zone where merchants and useful characters get killed.
>>
>>343681745
Hire someone and buff them.
>>
>>343681520
>>343681241
>>343680720
>>343680530
>>343679887
>>343678381
>>343677303
>>343677225
>>343676949
>>343676839
>>343676693

you guys are seriously making me consider leaving this shithole forever. you faggots have fucking DISGUSTING taste. kill yourselves.
>>
>>343681386
Having your actions having actual impact or consequences, having to work at belonging to a guild instead of it being handed to you, stuff like that.

You can kill the fucking emperor and nobody cares. You can completely wreck a towns status quo and uncover severe corruption... and nobody cares. [spoilers]fuck markarth.
>>
>>343681963
You can't kill the emperor.

I agree with lacking impact, but that holds true for any rpg or open world game...
>>
>Mod the shit out of the overworld so it looks pretty
>Spend 90% of the time in Draugr caves
>>
File: 1428997123394.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1428997123394.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>>343676601
>tfw Xbone will have mods but PS4 won't

WHY DID I BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT CONSOLE? GREATNESS AWAITS MY ASS, THE GREATNESS IS OVER ON XBOX.
>>
>>343676601
It's a modding platform.
Nothing else remarkable about it.
>>
>>343682076
You kill the emperor for the dark brotherhood.

Not that I blame you for not wanting to slog through that shit questline.
>>
>>343676805
It does a lot of things better than Oblivion. I prefer it desu because the atmosphere is more trippy morrowindy to me. Maybe it's just the pretty skybox that does it for me.
>>
>>343682208
It's not him.

Did you really do the quest?
>>
File: 1443138022778.png (349 KB, 759x446) Image search: [Google]
1443138022778.png
349 KB, 759x446
>>343681948
Ohh looks,it's mister "My taste is superior too your taste even though I jerk off to little girls and shit post every single minute of my life".
Leave this shithole,we already got enough people like you here.
Go play some vidja you mofo
>>
>>343682265
Not him but wtf?

I can clearly remember going aboard his ship and killing him.
>>
>>343681727
>I don't see it, none of the perks are strong enough to really change up how each combat style works. You always stealth or smash the same way, no matter how far you got into the tree.

One-handed with a shield is obviously different than two-handed.

In conjuration you start with a simple melee attacking thing. The next one has distance attacks. The next is huge and blocks hallways. The endgame is two dremora lords that wreck shit and behead people.

Stealth with a bow is completely different than with a knife. With the dagger you have to sit and watch before you make your move. It benefits way more from illusion magic too.

There's plenty of differences, in stats too. This is part of the traditional tabletop RPG element. Different weapons have different attributes. In One-handed it is good to commit to a certain type of weapon. Axes can stack bleeding damage for example. So committing your perks fully to axes and being an axeman is choice.

What more do you want?
>>
>>343682265
You kill the double, then you go on to kill the real deal.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hail_Sithis!
>>
>>343681896
>Hire someone and buff them.

How am I going to get Mjoll to stealth kill that miner woman in Dawnstar?

It's illusion/alteration paired with stealth/dagger that is the best. You can slip into nearly any place, use magic to locate everyone than and then kill everyone in perfect silence with none of then realizing you are there.
>>
>>343682637
The point is that no classes means you can experience what each style has to offer at high enough skill that you don't need to replay the game for that. As the post I was replying to implied.
>>
>>343681948
>you guys are seriously making me consider leaving this shithole forever. you faggots have fucking DISGUSTING taste. kill yourselves.

You are a spastic if you can't realize that there are lots of good things about Skyrim.
>>
>>343682208
>Not that I blame you for not wanting to slog through that shit questline.

It's the best questline. It has the most character development and the most interesting character in the game, Astrid.

The only thing that is sort of bad is how mwa-hahaha moustache twirling the characters act at first.
>>
>>343682654

Yeah I'm still not seeing it
>>
>>343681963
>having to work at belonging to a guild instead of it being handed to you

You do have to work at belonging to a guild in the Dark Brotherhood. Almost everyone hates your guts when you start. They come around and start accepting you as you do more for the guild and become one of them.
>>
>>343683309
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hail_Sithis!

Here you go you brain dead retard. Make sure you play the game before calling others out.
>>
>>343683013
why cant faggots like you atleast google buzzwords before parroting like fucking clueless idiots?
>>
>>343682903
>>343681745
>cast frenzy on woman
>guards kill her
easy
>>
Are u posting sluts or what the fuck are you fags waiting for
>>
>>343681241
With careful distribution of perks you can experience everything though.
I dropped OP smithing though.
>>
>>343683568

Who are you calling fucking retard? You literally wrote "you can't kill the Emperor," when obviously you can. No one specified when. And you wonder why people get confused by your dribble?
>>
>>343683234
>all those assassins sent to kill you are never ever mentioned
Can't help but feel, as the kids would say, a complete cuck when I help them.
>>
>>343682975
>The point is that no classes means you can experience what each style has to offer at high enough skill that you don't need to replay the game for that.

Sending in a familiar to fight is not the same as shooting out two dremora lords. Early in the conjuration you have to rely on other forms of combat to supplement it. Until you level higher, conjuration can only support you, not carry.

You can't experience the full use of destruction magic at low leveling. You can't even use a long distance projectile until the second tier. Or the magic booby traps, or the awesome area effect attacks.

Illusion magic is different at different levels. It's Level 50 that you get invisibility and level 75 that you get silent casting. That changes things considerably.

Your choice of armour is important. You are best off to commit to only one of the three, unless you exploit the primitiveness in the design to silently take off your plate armour in a .01 of a second any time you want to sneak and then pause to re-equip if you are spotted.

Magic armour requires attention to time and you have to cast it on yourself at the beginning of a fight. It also levels up your alteration which open useful spells in their own right. Light armour requires more attention to damage taking. You shouldn't play the same as if you have heavy. Then you can combine heavy armour with magic armour to go extra tank, which puts greater emphasis on attacking hard and fast.
>>
Do you like gameplay? Pass on Skyrim

Do you like storyfag stuff and just being a millenial art students vidya cuck? Your shit taste will be satisfied
>>
>>343676601
No. It's better than Oblivion but worse than Morrowind though.

And I played Oblivion first.
>>
>>343676601

>dragon fights are shit
>2 voice actors
>arrow to the knee
>shit combat
>dungeons are literally just the same rooms copied and rearranged a hundred times
>every quest is just boring go there and bring back x or piss in Y
>laughable animations
>pointless crafting system

I could keep going but you get where I'm going with this, it's a boring repetitive game for autists who love repeating shit over and over, only thing it has going for it is the world and setting, it fails everywhere else.
>>
>>343684714
>Can't help but feel, as the kids would say, a complete cuck when I help them.

It's not personal when they try to assassinate you.

The Dark Brotherhood easily has the most compelling story and characters. Astrid is a tragic character, who tries to keep her hold on the family and in trying to do so destroys it and herself.
>>
>>343681948
Autistic little faggots like you should be banned for your sperg fits.
>>
>>343676693
It's always funny how everyone here is an elitest, and acts better than "/v/ as one person"
>>
>>343679136
>put a lot more work into anything
>bethesda
>>
It's my favorite Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>343681948
bro just kys autistic faggot
>>
File: 777886667.png (88 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
777886667.png
88 KB, 300x256
>>343685551
>It's not personal when they try to assassinate you.
Except it is fucking personal to me who is being killed??
>>
File: 1466504581025.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466504581025.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>343681948
>Stop liking things I don't like.

You need to be 18+ for this site kiddo.
>>
File: radiant.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
radiant.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>343676601
It is good. There are some interesting side quests. And Dragonborn dlc is very good.

But I hate those infinite radiant quests. They better abandon radiant quests in TESVI.
>>
>>343688862
>download mod that restores cut content
>restored bring me 10 bear asses quest
That quest was cut for a reason you retarded modder.
>>
>>343687462
>note on their corpse says they're supposed to kill you
>nothing gets explained further
I feel like the random event could've been a start for tracking down the Dark Brotherhood or some other quest rather than just a ten second distraction going from point A to point B.
>>
It's a game with a lot of potential let down mostly by lazy design, dumbing down of RPG mechanics and poor writing. The awful combat doesn't help either.
>>
>>343676601
Its bad RPG and extremely disappointing TES game. There is some fun a good stuff but you might consider to waste your precious time with something better.
>>
>tfw becoming a werewolf for the first time via companions quest line
>>
>>343683762
not him, but whats the buzzword here? spastic? no one uses that word
>>
You see a big map and get excited, but then realize that 90% of the games assets are just copy-pasted everywhere. Dungeons feel the same, enemies have no variety, NPCs have only like 5 different voices. It looked nice at release, but it's just not a good game. Only way to enjoy it is mod it. I didn't introduce my girlfriend to Skyrim until I modded it for her.
>>
>>343691843
>forced to become a furry to progress
>Silver Hand are nothing more than bandits anyway
>become the leader of the group in under a month
The potential was great, but then things got a little Bethesda-y.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.