[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth the money you have to spend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg (141 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg
141 KB, 640x908
Is this worth the money you have to spend?
>>
If you like RPGs, yeah. i personally thought it had too much story, and the way they let you skip cutscenes was really obnoxious. (for example, if you have a 20 minute long cutscene, it's actually broken up into 5 smaller cutscenes, which you have to skip individually). That's really my only major grievance.

Otherwise, the gameplay is fun, the weapons are cool to use, the ridepod is interesting, Monster Transformation is garbage but whatever,
>>
I liked the first one more desu. I wasn't a fan of grinding to buy items to build a town. Prefer the whole "it's all in a sphere already" shit from one.
>>
>>343671293
One of the best games ever made

>implying you have to spend money on it when it emulates easily

Still have my original PS2 disk but this game looks great emulated and the OST is fucking top tier.
>>
No, it's not a Nintendo exclusive.
>>
>>343671293
Download the undub you fool.
>>
If you like JRPGs? Absolutely. It's one of the best games on the PS2, and is literally comfy incarnate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7plhqUI3ZWM
>>
>>343673191
The undub is okay, it still sounds weird with Cedric though. I find it enjoyable for the most part though.
>>
>>343673223
>always made sure to clear every monster just so I could hear this song

Spheda was fucking awesome too
>>
It's like the most ambitious PS2 game. Lets have Action RPG combat, with tons of weapons in a complex upgrade system. Let's also add a very customizeable battle mech. Lets have randomly generated dungeons, that are also golf courses for the whole game, that also have other challenges to unlock stuff. Lets have epic fantasy villages, NO, lets have epic fantasy village sim city...but with TIME TRAVEL. And lets have fishing, and photography, lets be able to photograph about everything in the damn game, and be able to invent tons of stuff with the photos. And let's make it all long as heeeeeeell.
>>
Its a fantastic game, worth a playthrough for sure.
>>
>>343673223
>It's one of the best games on the PS2
HAH. I hope this is fucking bait.

It's one of the best games of all time. God I love this game. One of my absolute favorites up there with Ogre Battle 64 and Final Fantasy Tactics.
>>
I might as well ask currently emulating the first game about to do some tram oil grinding should I complete that game first, or do you suggest moving to the second one.
>>
>>343673870
Games like this just can't exist anymore. It's fucking sad.
>>
>>343674623
Emulated both a while back, enjoyed first one a bit more.
>>
I have great memories of this game when I was younger, its one of the reasons why I like steampunk-ish themes and it got me into RPG in general (together FFIX which happens to be my GOAT)

I remember it being very fun with tons of shit to do and time travel which allowed you to visit some pretty cool places.

Oh, also iirc you could transform into monster too which was pretty fun.

Should I play it again? I've been wanting to do so I think I never got to th end, should I boot up my ps2 or emulate it?
>>
>>343676067
Not to mention how fun it is to make sure you get all the photo ideas for the robot parts, and then having to go and make sure you have the mats for them and everything.

Fucking love this game. BOOT UP YOUR PS2, GET TO IT BITCH.

And you better go with an SMG off-hand for Max.
>>
>>343675106
As i'm doing the back room, why does Xiao ass move so much, its like up and down, up and down. It's crazy.
>>
>>343676510
Sure, one question though, I never played the first one, should I bother with it?
Does it have any plot relevance?
I only played the demo in one of those CD's that came with magazines.
>>
>>343671293
it's just ok so if that sounds like it's worth whatever in a world where there are thousands of just okay games where you probably have 100 in your backlog already then yes.
>>
>>343677349
Not really, no. Just small side characters that are sort of cameos, and some monsters/items are back from the first, but that's about it. It's basically like going from Final Fantasy to another. Some similarities, but nothing that matters.
>>
>>343678353
Whoops. I mean there's no plot relevance, not that you shouldn't bother. You don't need to have played the first one to get anything out of it, they're stand-alone stories.
>>
How repetitive are the randomly generated dungeons, and how much of the game do the take up?

A lot of stuff I've seen about this game interests me but I'm not a fan of mystery dungeon-type games.
>>
>>343678353
>>343678505
Alright thanks, I'll hop onto Dark Cloud 2 then.
>>
>>343678817
Not at all, and it's every dungeon that isn't a boss battle dungeon.

It really is not that bad at all, in my opinion. It's especially not bad considering you generally only backtrack to places for materials, and getting gold medals, so you never really have to deal with the whole thing of like

"This isn't how it was last time, what the fuck?"

>>343678817
>>343678884
AND BY THE WAY, as a tip to both of you: Exp gains are based on whatever you've used to kill a mob with. So if you use both a wrench and a gun, both weapons get experience. If you used only one weapon, just that one will get ALL of the experience from that mob. This is useful to know when speed-leveling low level weapons. So if you use your main leveled up wrench to kill a mob with, and you equip a low level wrench before you collect the exp, the exp will go to that low level equipped wrench purely because the game knows that you only used whatever was equipped in your wrench hand.

Been a while, but I'm almost positive that's how it worked. Regardless, even if that's NOT exactly how it was, there's some trick to swapping weapons like that.
>>
>>343680176
Exp goes 100% to the weapon type that killed the monster
If you change weapon, that weapon gets the exp instead
if you change character, the exp is split between both of that characters weapons
>>
>>343682407
Ah right, that's what it is. Thanks, it's been bugging me ever since I said that. I knew there was something that gave both weapons the experience, I thought it was using both, but I was thinking about that, and yeah.
>>
>>343673870
there was so much I could never bring myself to complete the game because I had to complete every single golf course and other shit. I ended up getting burnt out halfway through.
>>
>>343683614
Clear all using monster transformation is the reason I will never get all of the medals
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.