[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

>>
I only played the first two Paper Marios. Should I just bite the bullet and try this when it comes out?
>>
File: 1452645859894.jpg (39 KB, 636x651) Image search: [Google]
1452645859894.jpg
39 KB, 636x651
ITT: butthurt fandom can't accept a series is dead and move on.

You guys are worse than the Undertale fandom.
>>
>>343667639
no?
>>
>Sticker Star sold more than all the other Paper Marios
Just because you don't like the game style, doesn't mean others don't. I thought Sticker Star was enjoyable.
>>
>>343667639
It's quite unlike the first two games, so don't bother.
>>
>>343667830

That's not true at all
>>
>>343667830
no, spm sold more than sticker star. sticker star has the lowest percentage sold in comparison to the console sales.

also, it was panned by people who actually bought it after release after lukewarm critical reception.
>>
>>343667830
Super sold more than 4 millions.
>>
>>343667804
>>343667896

I'm not saying it needs to be like the first two, but I was thinking since I didn't Sticker Star, maybe I would enjoy this (assuming it's an improvement).
>>
>>343667639
No. Paper Mario stopped being a platformer/turn-based RPG combo and went pure platformer with the Wii. Color splash looks like a platformer with forced Wii U gimmicks.
>>
>>343668627
it's not an improvement, it's literally just stickerstar with a paint hammer
>>
>>343668136
>sticker star has the lowest percentage sold in comparison to the console sales.

Actually it has the 2nd highest considering the average software sale per 3DS is 4.6 games as opposed to ~9 on GC and Wii.
>>
File: Color Trash.png (19 KB, 854x151) Image search: [Google]
Color Trash.png
19 KB, 854x151
>>343667494
LMAO
>>
>>343668903
>the average software sale per 3DS is 4.6 games as opposed to ~9 on GC and Wii.
that's irrelevant information. the specific games purchased is irrelevant to the average number of games purchased.
>>
>>343668737
At least the graphics look really good. I don't know, I think I'll try it anyway. It's not like there's anything else coming out for the Wii U this year.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (198 KB, 1152x789) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
198 KB, 1152x789
>>343668942
>visualizzazioni
fuck off, no way that's an actual welling of "Veiws" in another language. no language is that silly. that's just mean.
>>
>>343669392
well i strongly suggest pirating it, because if it's anything like sticker star the price is going to drop drastically relatively shortly after its release, and if you want to sell it you're not going to come anywhere near as close as what you paid for it.
>>
>>343669454
Rude.
>>
>>343669229
>the specific games purchased is irrelevant to the average number of games purchased.

You know that's bollocks, if a system has half the number of game sold per system the sales figures aren't going to be proportional to the userbase. Otherwise every 3DS game would be selling triple the GC entries.
>>
>>343668627

I'd say give Color Splash game a try. Sticker Star really isn't a bad game and what they showed at E3 shows Color Splash will be even better.
>>
>>343667639
You should play Super Paper Mario
>>
>>343669392
Buy it used then please.
>>
>>343670061
>Sticker Star really isn't a bad game
dude literally it is
how can you even say that
as a paper mario game or a stand alone game, if it were a unique IP it would have been just as shit.
its literally a bad game, theres only one way to do boss fights, and it makes them piss easy, the rest of the combat is easily avoidable and benefits you in the long run to either run and escape battles or avoid them in the first place. it's charmless and the lack of a story gives you little to no motivation to progress. it's a flat out bad game.
>>
>>343667709

No kidding.

>Whaa, it's different than the Paper Mario I played as a kid!
>>
File: 1457349123785.png (602 KB, 789x911) Image search: [Google]
1457349123785.png
602 KB, 789x911
>>343667494
Paper JUSTio: Cuckold Splash
>>
File: Ski Lift Toad.jpg (166 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Ski Lift Toad.jpg
166 KB, 400x240
>>343672686
>how can you even say that

I've actually played it and many of the criticisms are either wrong and some were manufactured before the game even released with people trying to push them despite the actual game being to the contrary. It sickens me to see the fanbase acting the way it does over the games.

>theres only one way to do boss fights

No there's multiple ways to do boss fights, there are a grand total of 2 bosses who can only be beaten with a specific sticker(Hook for the Giant Cheep Cheep and Infinijump for the Giant Boo).

>the rest of the combat is easily avoidable and benefits you in the long run to either run and escape battles or avoid them in the first place.

It's beneficial to battle because coins are more valuable than the stickers you use to get them.

>it's charmless and the lack of a story gives you little to no motivation to progress.

It had many charming moments.The way it's designed with the exploration and putting solving the puzzles in the player's hands gives the game a adventurous feeling the first three lack due to being linear stories. It isn't great for the same reasons the first two are, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great game in it's own regard.
>>
>>343676386
But I played the game without buying a single sticker. Coins are worthless except for the forced battle roulette which is there only to eat your coins.
If you avoid all battles and get all coins from the overworld/end of stages, you still have more than enough to use the spin thing on bosses only, even more if you use the "I win" stickers.
Game is just bad.
>>
>>343676386
Jesus Christ! Will you please just shut the fuck up? The game is shit and so is your opinion.
>>
>>343678264
>If you avoid all battles and get all coins from the overworld/end of stages

You didn't avoid battles. Otherwise you would know that you only get 3 coins from the end of each level if you never battle. If you scrape every nook and cranny of a level without fighting you might get 100 coins which would take you longer than just fighting battles and getting those 300 coins at the end of the stage.

You were battling but you're arguing on the pretense that you weren't which is unreasonable.
>>
>>343679516
If you beat the level for the first time you get more coins. Also the coins respawn when you reenter a stage.
And you can just sell stickers in the shop.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.