[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games you wish you could hate, but can't I almost teared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
Games you wish you could hate, but can't

I almost teared up on the pacifist ending.

[Spoiler] I'm 31[/spoiler]

The fan community is still a toxic cesspool.
>>
File: dont bully the skele.png (39 KB, 149x168) Image search: [Google]
dont bully the skele.png
39 KB, 149x168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztEmDhDM9uw
>>
>>343663790
The whole existence of Undertale is a meme. Hating and loving Undertale is a meme.
>>
I don't absolutely love Undertale, but I don't see much to hate about it either.

Though the Genocide route being intentionally boring is a fucking dumb idea.
>>
>>343665769
I guess the idea is that you have to go out of your way to be an asshole or something like that

it fucking sucked though
>>
It's fine OP it's honestly a great little game. /v/ mostly hates it because of the fans because /v/ as a whole cares entirely too much about what other people on the Internet are doing.

I know Sonic Adventure is a glitchy mess and SA2 is only fun during the Sonic/Shadow levels, but I still like them a lot. Probably nostalgia but still, I genuinely love those games.
>>
>>343665769
imagine if genocide gave you some good non lame "you are bad fell bad" ending but a ending like when you beat the arcade mode of a fighting game with the main villain.
>>
>>343663790
>31
>playing videogames
>>
>>343663790
The community isn't toxic, you're just really butthurt.
>>
>>343666390
>over 31
>using /v/
or
>under 31
>disrespecting older people
>>
>>343663790
Everyone who's ever talked about undertale, positive or negative, including you and me, is a massive retard who should be killed.

The game's alright though.
>>
>>343665953
>>343666334
Would have worked better if they let you have fun being an asshole, although being more subtle in warning that you're probably gonna get fucked over if you keep going that way. Then that ending where you sell your soul to Chara would have been more surprising, you can see something like that coming from miles ahead the way the game executed it.
>>
>>343666390
>male
>using money on a female
how does it feel wasting money on a creature that probably hates you?
>>
>>343663790
I hate autismtale too
But at least it's community is waaaay less autistic than fnaf
>>
>>343666681
Anon do you understand the concept of a co-opt?
>>
>>343666820
3Virgin5me
>>
>>343665510
Imageboards are also a meme.
>>
>>343666702
31 isn't even old. 30 is the new 20. people are living longer and getting wiser earlier with the advancement of the information highway
>>
Neck yourself oh pee
>>
File: 1465985490785.gif (280 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465985490785.gif
280 KB, 600x600
>The fan community is still a toxic cesspool.
You're a part of it, idiot.

The game was made by Homestuck fans for other Homestuck fans, or people who would enjoy Homestuck/Browsing Tumblr.

By thinking Undertale isnt garbage, you're legitimately Tumblr. No ifs, buts or maybes.
>>
File: not mad .png (10 KB, 64x84) Image search: [Google]
not mad .png
10 KB, 64x84
>>343665487
this is what i hate about the undertale fan base.
the make up shit about the main cast and then pretend that it makes the characters deep.
>>
>>343667262
>30 is the new 20
I am 20 and couldn't be happier to hear this since I can be a kid for even longer than expected :^)
>>
>>343667262
>people are living longer
Keep telling that to yourself
the more years passes the less humans live
You and your family will die soon
And I have nothing to cry about because
I live one
So fuck it
>>
>>343665769
>Though the Genocide route being intentionally boring is a fucking dumb idea.

gen route is honestly one of my favorite things in vidya today.

the first time i hit the kill limit, i had a real moment. "but nobody came" is easily my favorite vidya quote.

also, i enjoyed the pacifist ending, but i thought the neutral ending was the best and should be considered canonical because realistically the game is about self-harm and suicide. at least thats what i got out of it. and sans telling you to stay determined and keep going because everyone down there is rooting for you just nails it.
>>
>browsing /v/ at 31
>being ashamed of liking things because /v/ doesn't like it or because some of the people who do like it are taking things too far
You still have a lot of growing to do.
>>
>>343663790
https://www.twitter.com/CharlesMartinet/status/749662657284870145

On phone at the barber so I can't post screencap because I don't want this shit on my SD card
>>
>it's a /v/ feels guilty for not having contrarian opinions episode
>>
Fable. I know it didn't live up to any of the promises or expectations, I know it has tons of bugs, I know it's basically just a shitty hack and slash, but goddamn I still love it. I've beaten TLC like six times over the years, sometimes even maxing out every stat. I know all of the stupid tricks like the multiplier experience bug or the hero save exploit, I know all of the dumb bits of obscure lore surrounding the Blades and the main character's ancient ancestor, I know how to basically run circles around every enemy and boss, I know everything.

It's why I hate Fable 2 and 3 so much. While the first game was flawed and didn't deliver on promises it had a surprising amount of depth and lore built up that was genuinely interesting. But then Fable 2 jumps forward in time until shit is unrecognizable, and then Fable 3 goes even further until nothing of what Fable 1 set up exists. And then we got shitty puppet games, a Kinect game, and then an inevitably cancelled team-based moba thing. It makes me sad.
>>
File: mmo is the way to go.png (62 KB, 197x211) Image search: [Google]
mmo is the way to go.png
62 KB, 197x211
>>343667623
so you like grinding?
>>
I still love Skyrim the way everyone else loves Morrowind. Most of the hate comes from the Arrow to the Knee meme that exploded on every website the day the game came out.
>>
>>343668150
>grinding
>implying every enemy doesn't die in one hit

yeah, sure, grinding.

nigga pls. it takes no time at all. if you think thats grinding you must be a normie.
>>
File: 1465496102588.jpg (183 KB, 819x633) Image search: [Google]
1465496102588.jpg
183 KB, 819x633
>>343668337
so you like very easy things that take up little time?
>>
>>343668534
Gennocide is the most difficult route anon.
>>
>>343667160
please, try to use the same insult on me when either your days devolve into nothing more than coming home to an shrieking banshee or when she files for divorce
>>
>>343668684
yeah nice difficulty spike at the very end of the game. great game design.
>>
>>343668534
its the details anon. they really do make it something special.

the music change for one. i fucking love the post-kill limit background track, and i love the little differences, like the red text dialogue, the mirrors, the change in the observation text, the way npcs (esp the store npcs) react. its really well thought out.

hell, i love the idea of it alone. even just the fact that it exists. i didn't even know about it until i started playing. it really did catch me off guard, esp the ending.
>>
File: b51.jpg (33 KB, 469x563) Image search: [Google]
b51.jpg
33 KB, 469x563
>>343669842
ok i get your background. no need to fight.
>>
File: 1456573808991.gif (2 MB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
1456573808991.gif
2 MB, 480x266
>>343663790
MGS4. I hate the gameplay, but the story's too good.
I just watched the last scene again when watching my little brother play it. Could barely hold back the tears,
>>
I hate Undertale's style of humor so much. It does absolutely nothing for me.
>>
>>343667623
>"but nobody came" is one of my favorite vidya quotes
Yeah, it's such a good line that they ripped it straight from Earthbound
>>
>>343670949
But it wasn't. The closest Earthbound has is a part in the Giygas fight where "Paula's call was absorbed by the darkness." Flowey has a similar thing where you call for help, and he then says, "But nobody came."
>>
DmC: Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy XIII
Dota2
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.