[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://pietriots.com/2016/06/28/th e-rights-of-artforms-par
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Tokyo Mirage Sessions.jpg (16 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo Mirage Sessions.jpg
16 KB, 299x168
https://pietriots.com/2016/06/28/the-rights-of-artforms-part-2/

Refer to this article for an explanation as to why the changes made are not an issue.

Now, the game itself is really great. I can't get enough of it. Kiria is best girl.
>>
>>343655296
>as to why the changes made are not an issue.

I hope this thread goes to shit
>>
File: 20150617161224.png (474 KB, 492x720) Image search: [Google]
20150617161224.png
474 KB, 492x720
>censorship apologist is the OP

This thread is off to a great start.

I want to have sex with Caeda!
>>
>>343655296
Jesus fucking Christ this chapter 3 midboss
How do I beat this fucker?
>>
>>343655962
>autistic /vg/ tier reply
>>
The article basically justifies changes because they better suit the American market, that the Americas cant deal with exposed skin and cleavage. Not sure how you can even believe this argument is legitimate if you have seen any sort of western popular culture in the last 20 years.
>>
>Dat Tsubasa
>Dat Maiko
>Dat Kiria
>Dat Tiki

I can understand why the waifufags were mad that you couldn't romance any of the girls
>>
>>343656950
P-please respond
>>
>>343655296
>Now, the game itself is really great. I can't get enough of it. Kiria is best girl.

parts of the story doesn't even make sense now because of the censorship.
>>
>>343655962

Man, Mirage Caeda is hot as hell.
>>
File: 1255111683656.jpg (10 KB, 106x150) Image search: [Google]
1255111683656.jpg
10 KB, 106x150
>>343658586
>parts of the story doesn't even make sense now because of the censorship.
AS someone playing the uncensored version, you're wrong. Only one part had censorship involved at all, and that part is identical with or without a bikini. Tsubasa wasn't embarrassed about being half naked, she was embarrassed about posing for the camera, so she fucked up the shoot. Her big revelation was the ability to be in sync with the photographer, nothing to do with gravure.
>>
>>343657678
>last 20 years
>not last 200 years
>>
>>343659489
Watch 5:28 - 5:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsjWqCHPZ0w

She's suppose to overcome her shyness to wear less revealing clothing. But somehow she wears more shit in the localized US version which doesn't make fucking sense.
>>
>>343658301
>>343656950
No, fuck you. We only shit on this game because it was censored so hard that it is now casual baby shit that has nothing to do with SMT or Persona. Kill yourself Nintoddler.
>>
>>343659897
>She's suppose to overcome her shyness to wear less revealing clothing
Nigger can you not read? I am PLAYING the uncensored version, and have watched the censored version. That guy gets the story wrong. Fuck, is reading that hard for censorshitters?
>>
>>343660092
Fuck off Treehouse employee. You can't fool us with your bullshit lies.
>>
>>343659823
Up until about the 30s, women even showing part of their legs was considered a sign of indecency. Navels were outlawed like nipples un TV until around the mid 70s.
>>
>>343660238
>You know, I've played it and it's not what people are saying
>YES IT IS, I WANT TO LIE ONLINE ABOUT GAMES I HAVEN'T PLAYED! LE TREEHOUSE MEME
I'm out. Learn to use your brain, there is plenty of footage of both online, and both versions can be played for free. I'm not going to spoonfeed you.
>>
File: 1466890647414.png (144 KB, 275x289) Image search: [Google]
1466890647414.png
144 KB, 275x289
>>343655296
>Bayonetta 2 – So controlling was this protest that they tried to dictate what platforms Nintendo could release their published games on. Some even demanded Nintendo stop funding the game because they’d rather censor an entire game out of existence than be on a Nintendo platform. Even Platinum Games employees commented on this lunacy.

>Metroid Prime: Federation Force – For trampling the legacy of Metroid Prime and not having Samus in it. Taking this with #3 says more about the Metroid fanbase than its creators. Petitioners are asking to destroy this video game for not being exactly like a previous game that was also asked to be destroyed.

>Paper Mario: Color Splash – For being too similar to Paper Mario: Sticker Star, a game that’s not liked by a small subset of its fanbase. Petitioners are also asking to destroy this video game.
>>
>>343660092
You obviously don't know jack shit about japanese culture, idols... specifically gravure idols if you think wearing more clothing makes sense at all.
>>
>>343660478
Go back to treehouse and don't come back. It only make sense to you because you're a retarded sjw. People like you don't run on logic and reasoning. And no, the censorship does not make sense at all.
>>
>>343659923
What does censoring have to do with the difficulty of a game?
>>
i really hate this sort of conversation where people will silence their critics because: "why do you want to see a highschooler's "vagina bones", pervert?"

all that statement really proves is how the west still suffers from puritan self-hating ideals of sex and how we're in denial that highschool girls are both post-puberty and can be attractive, no matter your age. it also makes it so you can't ask the question: why does japan model "vagina bones" but censor them for western audiences; the bulging of a pelvic isn't something innately sexual and speaks more about a culture that is self-censoring to the point of absurdity.

this coming from an artfag who has been judged frequently for having anatomical studies of women in my sketchbooks as "perverted"

really, we should use this chance and have a discussion about cultural differences. at this point i'm learning japanese because i can't stand this idea that in capitalism you have to localize things to different audiences. localization is fascism, no matter what. if you read literature, it'd be absurd that someone would try to change the meaning of the original author's intention, so why is that allowed in video games (obviously because it's a medium for entertainment, but you're denying it as a medium for art then).
>>
>>343655296
>still shilling your shitty website

gotta get them views right?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.