[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Collection Assistance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: sm0pPwo.jpg (1005 KB, 2405x4275) Image search: [Google]
sm0pPwo.jpg
1005 KB, 2405x4275
Hey /v/, I need some advice. Recently I've been enjoying collecting games for the PS3, due to the vast amount of cheap $.99 games, and I just need to be clear on something.

Do I need to collect both the "Standard", and "Game of the Year" editions of games? Such as both "Dishonored", and "Dishonored: GotY", since technically they are the same game.

And, how about different editions of games? For example, if I have Mass Effect 3, should I also buy the Mass Effect Trilogy? Or if I have Resident Evil 6, do I also need the Anthology?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>>343653778
Bumping, I need love
>>
File: PS3-2.jpg (975 KB, 2000x2034) Image search: [Google]
PS3-2.jpg
975 KB, 2000x2034
>>343653778
>Recently I've been enjoying collecting games for the PS3, due to the vast amount of cheap $.99 games
What? Maybe it's because I'm just an idiot that only buys retail, but where are you finding them for literally 99 cents?
>>
>>343655415
Dude, GameStop has a shit ton of games that go from like $.99-$4.99. Also, since I live in Queens, New York, if I travel 30 minutes into Manhattan, there is a store called Book Off that sells games for like 2 times cheaper than GameStop.
>>
File: PlayStation-1.jpg (869 KB, 2000x2399) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-1.jpg
869 KB, 2000x2399
>>343653778
>Do I need to collect both the "Standard", and "Game of the Year" editions of games? Such as both "Dishonored", and "Dishonored: GotY", since technically they are the same game.

Depends. Most Game of the Year versions contain patches and superior versions of games. The 7th generation was when publishing companies realized they could rip us off easily, so there was DLC that followed Game of the Year editions.

Good examples of proper compilations: Red Dead Revolver: Game of the Year Edition, Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition

Bad examples of compilations: Borderlands 2: Game of the Year, Disgaea Triple Play Collection.
>>
>>343655957
>GameStop
>Queens, New York
Ah, that's why. My area of mid-Michigan has a lot of independently owned GameStops that do not honor online sales or have their own in-store promotions.
>>
>collecting games
Well each to its own I guess
>>
>>343656342
My uncle had a game collection. It's what I played whenever I visited my grandmother's house. It led me to build my own collection. Though I doubt I would just let anyone play it.
>>
>>343655992
So, would you recommend for games such as Red Dead Redemption, I should get the GotY as opposed to the Standard, plus Undead Nightmare?

Also, the PS3 Trilogy collection, would you also recommend getting individual games plus the trilogy, just the standard games, or just the trilogy?

Thanks.
>>
>>343656139
GameStop doesn't exist in Michigan? I mean, we have some independently owned game stores such as Game Crown, Video Games New York, and 8-bit and Up, but those are primarily for retro games.
>>
>>343656987
>I should get the GotY as opposed to the Standard, plus Undead Nightmare?
If you are buying physically, yes. You should always research what games come in physical compilations.

A lot of PS3 compilations include garbage like digital codes packed in with one or two physical games [Ex: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection, God of War Saga, Red Faction Collection].
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>343653778
Don't do this to yourself, anon.
>>
>>343656987
Just the trilogy if you can.

>>343657356
They definitely exist in Michigan, but the stores themselves could be independently owned. The fastest way to tell is to ask the store clerk if they honor GameStop's online prices.

>>343657834
That's what my collection is starting to look like. With some new shelves, that would look incredible.
>>
>>343657373
The problem is, the God of War: Sagas compilation doesn't include Ghost of Sparta, and Chains of Olympus physically, so I'd rather just get the Origins Collection instead.
>>
>>343658116
I would love to replace all of my individually separate games with the trilogies to save space, however the trilogy compilations tend to be ridiculously expensive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.