[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
I'm about 10 hours in. Playing on blood and broken bones, what's wrong with the combat? /v/ always complains about the combat in this game, but I don't have any issues with it. Is there something fundamentally wrong with it, or have you been shitposting over nothing as usual.
>>
Just play on the hardest difficulty. It's ridiculously easy anyway. You can also mash strong attack to win nearly every fist fight.
>>
>>343652215
>Is there something fundamentally wrong with it
It's not exactly the same as in Dark Souls
>>
>>343652769
Or dragon's dogma.
>>
>>343652215
>what's wrong with the combat?
It's not Dark Souls (tm)

git gud!
>>
File: 1465743049414.webm (240 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1465743049414.webm
240 KB, 718x404
It's alright.
Every other aspect of the game is great, so when the combat is just serviceable in contrasts and becomes the thing people are most critical of.
Its not bad at all, just not terribly interesting or engaging. The coolest part of the combat happens before the fight even starts.
Reading up on a monster, tracking it, making the right bombs and oils for the job. That parts very fun and immersive.

It's certainly leagues above the combat in the last 2 games though, so I'm not complaining.
>>

It's virtually nothing but rapidly clicking the mouse until you win. Almost no strategy. Sometimes some of the other, harder enemies require some thought with signs, but most don't.
>>
>>343653669
Left click spam won't get you very far on death march (unless you do alchemy build).
>>
I think most people are simply parroting it over and over. It isn't anything spectacular, but it's decent enough, especially for RPG standards. Like it's funny how people like to shit so much on it, when you hardly ever hear people mention the combat in games like VTMB.
>>
>>343652215
According to /v/, the combat is absolute shit because it's not Dark Souls or DD. This is pretty much what it boils down to. It's just that the rest of the game is so damn good that trolls find it easier to pick on one thing and exaggerate to bring down the whole game.

In reality, considering the competition of W3 as a story-based WRPG, its combat is the best of the bunch.
>>
>>343652215
Nothing. Its not amazing, but its certainly not as bad as people make it out o be on here
>>
>>343652215
>I'm about 10 hours in. Playing on blood and broken bones, what's wrong with the combat?
If you enjoy exploration, and are playing the PS4 version, you would know within the first hour what's wrong. Controls that don't respond. Fight animations that can't be broken. Issues with the camera auto-targeting when surrounded. Auto-drawing your weapon against enemies with a skull where the level is supposed to be.
>>
>>343654391
Truth here, recently started playing myself
>>
>>343654397
>PS4 version
lol
>Controls that don't respond
No longer an issue since a month or 2 after release
>>
>>343654397
99% of the people bitching about the combat didn't play the PS4 version though, and none of the things you mentioned ever come up. It's literally just /v/ being contrarian for the sake of it, because every high-profile game needs to be a TORtanic-tier failure for them to be justified in their saltiness.
>>
File: 1464475938704.jpg (469 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464475938704.jpg
469 KB, 1280x1280
>>343652215
the shitpost webms of side-step dodging that are inevitably posted in every witcher 3 thread were taking from bugged clients, which lasted on consoles a lot longer than pc.

combat really is just fine.
>>
Combat is fine, a few mods to improve soft targeting and move the camera a bit closer to make it more personal and it's pretty fun.
>>
The game designer himself is inspired by dark souls but then decided that the dodge and roll buttons should give you ridiculous amounts of i-frames as well as long parry windows. You can also abuse quen so you don't even need to bother with dodging and axii to trivialize 1 on 1 fights.

If you can't survive on death march you're pretty much a casual.
>>
>>343656002
What kind of build is this?

What skills are being used to make him glow red?
>>
Its remarkly shallow Combat for a rpg, great game but the combat is just plain boring.
>>
>>343657351
Balanced build where you don't completely destroy everything, keeps the game fun.
The red glow is from a B&W mutation, Adrenaline Rush I think.
>>
>>343652215
It doesn't have cuurrrazy combat so all the weebs started bitching.
>>
Pretty much anything you do will trivialize the combat even on death march.
>Fill out any skill tree
>Use magic
>Use good potions
>Parries and dodges are too forgiving
>>
The combat is heavily level based, rather than player skill and characters skills based.

You literally cant beat the werewolf in chapter 1 without being a certain level as his regen is greater than your dps.
>>
>>343657606
More like it's too casual. And you can use shields and helmets in weeb games while Geralt is full anime spinning sword mode even against well armored opponents.
>>
>>343657193
>The game designer himself is inspired by dark souls but then decided that the dodge and roll buttons should give you ridiculous amounts of i-frames as well as long parry windows.
There's no i-frames in TW3, retard. Only a perk you can upgrade if you so choose. Now, funny that you should bitch about i-frames considering how ridiculous those are in all souls games.
>>
>>343657960
>There's no i-frames in TW3, retard.
Surprise surprise, the W3 combat defenders don't actually know how the combat works.

https://youtu.be/rPqKqTdkh4E?t=16
>>
File: Witcher 3 whirl.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 whirl.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>343657603
>Balanced build
>Whirl
>>
>>343657193
Obvious I-frames aren't a good mechanic, even Lords of the Fallen does dodging better than DaS.
>>
The combat is okay but when you stretch it over 100+ hours and barely any variety in playstyles, it goes from okay to pretty-fucking-bad.

The combat isn't just about controls and tools also, the enemies are uninteresting and bland as fuck 99% of the time. Even the boss fights are lazy reskins for the very large majority.
>>
>>343654397
for the controls not responding issue you change an option on pc

dont know if its the same on ps4
>>
>>343657960
>someone calling someone else a retard when they themselves are blatantly wrong

Oh man, thank you so much for being a stupid faggot.
Gives me a warm feeling in my stomach everytime.
Way to take the bullet so that I can feel nice.
>>
File: owl.jpg (17 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
17 KB, 221x246
>>343658350
>It's another drowner/wraith/bandit
>>
>>343658191
Well I still don't get what you're bitching about, it's exactly like dork souls then.
>>
>>343657443
Fact: Witcher 3 combat is more complex than Dark Souls
>>
>>343658350
This, low mob diversity is what makes the combat average, the two expansions fixed that somehow.
>>
>>343652215
Nothing. It's fairly quick paced and impactful. Even the finisher moves don't interrupt the flow by too much and they look nice too. My main gripe is the enemy variety, the combat itself is fine.
>>
>>343658519
Now with more i-frames so even casuals can feel good. Not that you even need to dodge with quen or alchemy build.
>>
>>343658473
A group of drowners is my most dreaded encounter in the game.
>>
>>343658717
Lol you're delusional. Just look at the vid you posted, the i-frames are done tastefully and they pretty much protect you only when the enemy would scratch you while dodging. In souls you just roll head-on into a largemchuge boss's fist and miraculously survive because i-frames in Sools are so well done and not wide window at all.

It's really ridiculous how you can think the retarded souls i-frames are ok but witcher's aren't
>>
>>343658793
I'd say fist fights with 2+ people are the most difficult fights. Even 1 punch takes a ridiculous chunk of your health on death march
>>
>>343658793
A pack of wolves on Death March is a complete nightmare
>>
>>343658951
Oh, it's some guy who doesn't know how I-frames work and thinks it just applies to specific body parts. You can roll through swords in Witcher 3 as well.
>>
>>343659149
Yes this, especially with the new upscaling option. They used to be low level so you could survive even if you let them hit you, but now they're rape machines

Barghests are even worse since they're pretty much immune to igni
>>
File: stealth.webm (3 MB, 848x432) Image search: [Google]
stealth.webm
3 MB, 848x432
I did straight up combat skills for my first playthrough.
Whirling through everything got a little boring.

Is there a build that's more nuanced that someone could recommend?
I messed around with Igni but that's about it.

I also haven't even TOUCHED or looked at alchemy.

Just want something fun for a new playthrough mostly.
>>
>>343654169
combat in both games are shit
>>
>>343653669
Found the guy that plays on easy
>>
>>343658559
Fact: It's not
>>
>>343654651
You are saying that nonsense, yet did you ever play after applying an expansion? There is a reason for the quick bug fixes.
>>
>>343659184
Clearly it isn't as easy in TW3 as in souls since I've seen nobody do that whereas in souls you're pretty much consciously rolling into enemy attacks instead of making maneuvers and positioning yourself because muh magical roll immunity
>>
>>343656002
damn that looks so stupid
>>
>>343659321
>Is there a build that's more nuanced that someone could recommend?
Sign build?

there's only three options really + hybrid builds.
>>
Presentation and quests are the best part of W3. Witcher sense investigations are repetitive and play themselves, Geralt solves the cases for you and you just follow a trail or scent. Boxing is even worse than swordplay and horse races are impossible to lose.
>>
>>343659321
Signs (igni, aard) with high stamina regen + swords is most fun I'd say

But you better download the Better Combat mod
>>
>>343659491
you look stupid
>>
>>343659485
Because you don't even need to maximize what little I-frames you have in W3. It's easy enough that you don't even need to dodge.

Most people new to souls games are surprised when you tell them to dodge into attacks as well. I-frames aren't as noticeable in souls games as you seem to think considering W3 has even more generous I-frames and yet you still initially claimed W3 has none.
>>
>what's wrong with the combat

retarded AI basically allows you to murder everything, two hits and dodge

hitboxes are almost as bad as in Dark Souls

controls are absolutely atrocious

switching between movement and combat modes is really clunky

uninteresting moveset, basically everything can be killed by repeating dodge back + light attack

some of the enemies have health regen and have incredibly high hp, game doesn't really know if it wants to focus on stats or skill

To be honest the only good thing about it is how some of the attacks decapitate the enemies, it looks really impressive.

I'm still going to be called a soulsfag for criticizing it.

>>343659616
this. If it weren't for witcher senses and geralt giving you literal walkthrough of every quest sidequests would be fucking amazing
>>
>>343659607
Yeah, it's just I wanted to gauge whether most people consider alchemy or signs more fun.

How well does the alchemy skilltree factor into combat?
>>
>>343659880
>W3 has even more generous I-frames
I'd like to see you back that up with something instead of spewing bullshit. It's the literal same mechanic in both games, and your hypocrite ass is still whining about it in W3. Kill yourself.
>>
The real issue with the combat isn't the controls or the "game-feel" of just moving around.

The biggest issue is the fact that the variety in terms of both weapons and enemies is complete gutter-tier-garbage. Whatever the fuck you do you're still going to play the 100+ hours as a swordsman. Bombs, crossbows and signs are cool but you can't fucking argue that they themselves constitute whole builds or that they are more effective than just plain swords.

The tools are really boring too, you never get unique weapon movesets or anything, the only difference in weapons is the skin and the damage values. This is all fine and dandy for the first 2 hours but when you get a hold of the controls and enemies, thats it. Thats literally it, you won't be changing your playstyle massively over the course of the game.

The combat is serviceable at best and on top of everything else, its not even the biggest issue with the gameplay in W3.
>>
>>343654169
Dragons dogmas combat was some of the worst i have ever played, witcher and ds are miles and miles ahead of that pile of horseshit. i am serious
>>
File: 1459951546563.jpg (42 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1459951546563.jpg
42 KB, 680x453
>>343652215
>full sign build
>spam igni on everything
>they nearly always get burned
>stand around doing nothing while i casually use it every 2 seconds, immobilizing entire groups with 1 button
>don't even need the burn% increase trait cuz sign intensity makes it near 100%
>>
>>343660140
B-but W3 combat is good! You just need to stop using potions, signs, the upgrade tree, sidesteps, rolls and parries!
>>
>>343660140
>Use the flamethrower version of Igni
>Point it towards a group of human enemies and they willingly walk into the flames to get burned
>>
>>343652215
souls babies cry it is not souls's combat.
>>
>>343660295
>>343660140
>you can do pretty much the same thing with dark souls magic
>this is ok
Soulskids, everyone
>>
>s-souls is b-bad. You guys are just F-Fromdrones

Broken record.
>>
File: 1467036850643.jpg (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1467036850643.jpg
13 KB, 240x240
>>343660468
>people list their arguments against witcher combat
>one retard will still keep trying to enrage soulsfags and then complain about how terrible they are for ruining a perfect thread
>>
How can anyone even defend W3 removing I-frames after certain actions and certain attacks ignoring I-frames? There's no alternative animations, effects or any in-game indication.

It makes the combat feel inconsistent and makes new players rely on quen a lot more.
>>
>GERALT OF RIVIA
>THE WHITE WOLF
>THE BUTCHER OF BLAVIKEN
>GWYNNBLEID
>GREATEST WITCHER THAT EVER WITCHERED

>lol gets killed by some lowlife bandit that two-shots him with his fists

Death March is such annoying bullshit. My level 40 swords require like 8 hits at LEAST to kill enemies but their random pointy stick one shots me

Curiously enough, when I pick that pointy stick up it does 200 less damage than my swords

Literally skyrim-tier difficulty settings
>>
>>343660650
No one said souls is bad, they said fromdrones are bad, as are all fanboys regardless of franchise.
>>
File: 13156676216.png (124 KB, 287x252) Image search: [Google]
13156676216.png
124 KB, 287x252
>GUYS IGNORE THE LONG POSTS THAT ACTUALLY ADD SOMETHING TO THE DISCUSSION, THEY HATE IT B-BECAUSE THEY'RE FROMDRONES!!
>>
>>343658196

Holy shit
>>
>>343660519
We're not talking about Souls anon.
>>
>>343660295
It's the opposite. You need to use all of them for it to become fun.

You could either be a boring asshole and just spam igni or fast attack all day or you could be a handsome gentleman and freeze the whole group with a bomb and smash one of them into pieces and then mindcontrol one to become your ally to keep other busy while you force push others down from a nearby ledge
>>
>>343660805
The artificial difficulty in boxing is silly. Geralt goes out in a few punches while opponents can take several dozen.

And yet even with all that artificial difficulty boxing is still super easy since the enemy AI is so bad that you can spam strong attack and win almost all the boxing matches.
>>
>>343660810
but I like both The Witcher and Souls, yet I think that TW3 has bad combat. I posted in this thread and listed why I think it's worse but people won't reply to it just because they need to add fuel to muh franchise wars
>>
>>343652215

sucks on keyboard and mouse
plays amazing on gamepad

many autists here cannot use a gamepad
>>
>>343660967
>The 476th group of drowners
>O-oh boy can't wait to throw bombs at them this time
>>
>>343660810
Read back the thread and quote every post that specifically calls out Witcher combat, while praising Souls combat, unprovoked.

Then quote every post complaining about 'soulsbabbies' for no apparent reason.
>>
>>343660903
>muh you're just trying to deflect card
We are, as the idiot bashing witcher implied souls has better combat in this regard. And if it doesn't there's not many similar games with combat that's up there with TW3
>>
>>343655006
I doubt it. Side-step + 1 heavy attack until they die is about all I do in fights against large monsters even in the latest patch on PC. A lot of the enemies can't even start an attack of their own like that.

The combat isn't terrible, it's just that there's basically nothing to it the moment you learn not to attempt to trade hits. It's ultimately just kinda boring because the game is so long and you never really have any reason to change the way you play from the first 20 minutes of the game.
>>
just look on neogaf amount of weeb shitpost witcher. because of their 30 fps game doesn't recognize enough.
>>
>>343661324
that's a different issue and has nothing to do with the combat mechanics themselves
>>
Shitposters

There's nothing broken with it neither at the beginning or at the end of the game.
>>
>>343652215
It becomes bad once you get good at it.

My first mistake was to go full magic, which was a terrible decision, because Igni is broken as fuck. It's not just the fact that you can kill monsters that are 20 lvls ahead of you, it's also the fact that it's extremely boring to do so.

So I drank a potion and respeced into a pure fighter. Still, it wasn't great. Basically every enemy requires the same tactic, which is repeatedly dodging until you can safely land a hit. I haven't played it in a while, so I cannot exactly pin-point the design flaw here, but mechanically there are a couple:
Strong attack has no mechanics behind it, it's just "more damage", so it's lost potential.
Parrying is pretty useless since you can just dodge.
Upgrade trees are pretty damn boring, most is just "more %".
They've tried to go oldschool with the level requirements on items - just reminds you how shit that system was back in the days.
>>
>>343652769
>>343653239
>>343654169
>>343658559
>>343660468
Can't wait until "witcherbros never start mentioning souls, it's the soulsfags who try to start a war" retard enters the thread

I love how posts with actual arguments against TW3 combat get ignored
>>
>>343661351
>We are, as the idiot bashing witcher implied souls has better combat in this regard.
How did he do that? By using a reaction image?
>>
>>343660519

lol if only souls had 1/10th the content watcher3 has

souls is very low budget
>>
>>343653953
>>343659373
It literally works on every area in every difficulty. There are videos showing this off. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>343660967
autism
>>
File: 1260950766879.jpg (397 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
1260950766879.jpg
397 KB, 576x768
>I don't like Witcher combat
>SOULSBABBYFROMDRONESOULSISNTEVENTHATGOODFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU
>I never mentioned Dark Souls. We're talking about Witcher
>WOOOOOOOOW SO DARK SOULS CAN HAVE I FRAMES AND ITS FINE, HUH? HUH? HUH? RRRRRRRERGGGHHHHH

You guys have literally shitposted yourselves insane, yelling at people who aren't in the thread.
>>
>>343661631
Yes, exactly. You're very good at this!
>>
>>343661574
There nothing being broken about it doesn't make it good.
>>
The last RPG I played before Witcher 3 was Dragon's Dogm which had much more interesting and inspired combat mechanics. To go from that to Witcher's Batman combat was kind of disappointing.

But fuck if everything else in the game isn't amazing.
>>
File: 1287530528990.png (20 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1287530528990.png
20 KB, 241x230
I like the combat

I'm level 23 now doing Skellige things

Pretty good game I wish I could have more time to play it
>>
>>343661627
>Can't wait until "witcherbros never start mentioning souls, it's the soulsfags who try to start a war" retard enters the thread
Yes, the soulsfags just "happen" to be in all the witcher threads bashing witcher, amirite?
>>
>>343661627
I love how posts with actual arguments for TW3 combat get replies like "that's wrong, suck dick fag"
>>
mon ami I hope you play with Polish VA

slavic technomancy + vodkatongue = I'm still tripping on my dick once in a while
>>
>>343661852
>reaction images are related to the post maymay
lurk more please.
Batman confirmed better than Witcher 3
>>
>>343661826
Has anyone ever called this number?
>>
To me it's not that the combat is bad on its own. It's the contrast in comparison to the other parts of the game. Every other part of the game is so good that the serviceable combat feels out of place. Still one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>343659491
Yeah, it looks more like a dance routine than a swordfight.
>>
File: baetmaen.jpg (97 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
baetmaen.jpg
97 KB, 427x640
>>343662134
now I guess, thank you captcha
>>
there's nothing wrong with it, it's just boring clunky repetitive shite just like the detective vision quests
the problem with its clunkiness is that even when you're forced to change tactics it's still pretty dull
>>
>>343661984
If you read back this thread you can see that there are dozens of posts bitching about Souls fans.
You nutcases are also the ones that started it.

Someone asked why some people don't like the combat and was instantly met with a bunch of
>PSSSHH, JUST FUCKING NO GOOD SOULSBABIES

You can go back to the beginning of the thread and see this. you are genuinely fucking insane
Cut the victim complex already
>>
>>343661984
You're retarded if you think that people here are divided into two groups, witcherfags and soulsfags

I like both and I would rather enjoy a discussion about The Witcher 3 without mentioning souls combat at all than start bashing each other and accusing them for being "soulsfags" or "witcherfags".

What the fuck. Souls combat has milions of flaws, but we DO discuss them in souls threads. And somehow no one ever mentions The Witcher.

>>343662037
Which ones? I'd like to hear some actual arguments for TW3 combat.

>>343662071
I'm not a big fan of how peasants sound, they're way too artificial. But polish Geralt and Gaunter are fucking golden.
>>
combat isn't even the worst thing about the gameplay
quest design is complete utter garbage 90% of the time

the guy who designed witcher senses deserves to get gutted with a wooded cooking spoon
>>
>>343662385
more like weeb. they shit this game on purpose.
some of the are even asian.
>>
Finally played through the Witcher 1 so now I can say I've played all the Witcher games. Witcher 1 was definitely a lot of fun, didn't start to get good until later in chapter 2, then the story really started to get more interesting. I did have some issues with it, I got adjusted to the combat system, but I wouldn't really call it an amazing system, I definitely found future Witcher installments to be better in terms of combat, though alchemy was neat at least. The level design wasn't that amazing, first zone was boring, vizima was kind of interesting, the swamps were horrible, chapter 4's area was alright. All in all it was a pretty fun game and I'm glad I gave it a shot.
>>
>>343658196
holy shit sauce
>>
>>343662551
Get help, paranoia of this scale isn't very smart
>>
File: 1425194090180.png (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1425194090180.png
11 KB, 320x320
Does anyone know what the grand master wolven set bonus actually does? It claims that it removes the delay when throwing bombs which would lead you to assume they are thrown instantly, but it still takes geralt forever to toss them, is this bugged or am i missing something?
>>
>>343660987
At least it's better than the fights in the old games. In TW2 it was literally a cinematic quicktime event and in TW1 you could click in such a way that it would cancel the animations and permanently stunlock them until you win.
>>
>>343662924
>paranoia of this scale isn't very smart

my sides
>>
>>343663195

Yeah fistfighting in W1 was easy, I hardly ever got hit.
>>
>>343662531
they're good at level design though
>>
>>343663339
How so?
The open world is barebones garbage too.
>>
>>343660859
Hey look another butthurt Fromdrone
>>
>>343663770
>barebones
>90% of the complaints about the map are that there are too many Points of Interest

buttmad sonyponies can't even get their story straight
>>
>>343663770
another console fag think they are center of the world.
>>
>>343661826
And here he is again
>>
>>343663863
>>343663954
???
How did any of what I said imply I was on console?

The map is just recycled garbage out the ass. Seeing the same bandit camp or monster nest for the 150th time gets old.
>>
Well, if you aim to become just as bad as the worst parts of the Souls fanbase you whiny cunts are certainly doing a great job.
Congrats on becoming what you supposedly hate I guess, it's really rather poetic.
>>
>>343652215

The problem is that it's not a direct replica of souls combat system.

It's funny though, souls games have nothing but the combat, which is great, that I don't deny. What I'm saying that souls game have nothing else going for them besides the combat, it's the point of the entire franchise.

This is not true in Witcher series. For some reason soulsfags can't understand this. Could the combat be better in Witcher? Yeah, maybe, but it has other things going for it. Souls games don't.
>>
>>343664038
And here you are again
>>
>>343664218
combat is fine as it is. you play as witcher not superhuman wielding ridiculous large sword.
>>
>>343664218
This thread isn't about Souls anon, but whatever
>What I'm saying that souls game have nothing else going for them besides the combat, it's the point of the entire franchise
Sure, its the biggest point for them but pretending its the only thing good about them is just blatantly wrong.
>Yeah, maybe, but it has other things going for it. Souls games don't.
What? Dialogue, characters and story? Yeah sure
What else?
Open world is shit
Quest design is complete shit
Sidequests are complete shit

The writing in the quests is good but the actual gameplay portion is fucking horrid
>>
File: holy fuck.jpg (25 KB, 418x418) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck.jpg
25 KB, 418x418
>>343652769
>>343653239
>>343654169

Imagine being so butthurt that you cry about bullies that aren't even currently in the playground
>>
>>343664218
Like what?
>story
>>
>>343661675
>>343653669
Except it doesn't and you'd know that if you actually fucking played the game. Spamming leftclick is a quick way to end up dead in any remotely difficult fight, at least until you've gotten to the point where your build is completely broken. Wolves will dodge your attacks and then surround you and kill you. Plenty of monsters and humans will just parry you or counter you while their buddies circle around you.
>>
>>343654397

>console version

loving every laugh
>>
Give me one single reason why people wanting to experience this game shouldn't just do it on youtube without wasting money?

The combat is boring and repetitive for the 100+ hours the game lasts
The quest design is fucking horrible and ridiculously overrated

The dialogue, characters, story and visuals can all be experienced on youtube just like that.
>>
>>343658196

>when the adrenaline kicks in
>>
>>343652215
The camera. It's to far away.
>>
>>343664467
>you play as witcher
>not superhuman

Do you even know who a Witcher is?
>>
>>343661704
>Trying to have fun with a game by using all the tools it gives you instead of sticking solely to an overpowered sign that you don't find fun and even complain about
>autism
It's literally the opposite of autism.
>>
>>343660140

>playing like a bitch

Yea no fucking shit its gonna be dull after a while. Name me one action game where there isnt an option to stall out the combat and play like a pussy.
>>
>>343652215
There really isnt anything wrong with it, but it isnt amazing,
so when people say the game is amazing, some people on /v/ have an aneurysm.
>>
>>343664880
muh decisions
>>
>>343664663
>Wolves will dodge your attacks and then surround you and kill you

Those retards jump directly into your sword every time.
Hell, the only mob enemy that doesn't actively kill itself upon you is the aracnomorph.
>>
>>343664880
This applies to literally every game ever. That's why LPs are so popular.

If you want to be a cuck and watch someone else have fun, go ahead, nobody's stopping you.
>>
>>343661578
sure the game is easy but its still plenty fun
>>
>>343665064
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
>>
>>343665036
because witcher not gonna fight enemy as large as building or double jump on the air or wield with sword weight a ton.
>>
>>343665260
well, he's going to spin like a fucking tornado reflecting all the attacks around him.
>>
>>343660805
>lol gets killed by some lowlife bandit that two-shots him with his fists
>their random pointy stick one shots me
You realize he canonically died in the books by some peasant getting a cheap shot in with a pitchfork, right? I do agree though that enemies could use a bit less health, but usually they don't take more than four swings with my combat build.
>>
>>343665171
other games have good gameplay
>>
>>343665378
not as fast as tornado. this is not japanese games.
>>
File: 20160604132110_1.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604132110_1.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>343652605
>mash strong attack for every fist fight.
Don't lie
>>343661675
Again, stop lying. This does not work once you're out if White Orchard
>>343661447
Why do all these people boast or lie?

That is like when I was on the Beast of Beauclair soundtrack YouTube page. There was a comment that said "too bad this fight was soooooo easy" and he couldn't even describe any phase in the fight. Didn't even know what people meant by "bat attack."
>>343664880
Why don't you just watch let's plays for anything with stories and keep your stupid hobby to yourself with all the other 7 year olds who watch let's plays
>>343660805
As others said, Geralt was killed by a 15 year old boy in the books. Humans suck.
>>343665408
I'll bet you'd watch FO1 and 2 on Let's Plays.
>>
>>343652215
It's shallow garbage with little depth or room for meaningful variation. If you think the combat is good you have shit taste.
>>
>>343661826

its because witcher3 actually has better gameplay than souls
but soulsfags own the internet or someshit because they have the biggest vidya meme ever, even though souls gameplay has always been mediocre as fuck
>>
>>343665674
>I'll bet you'd watch FO1 and 2 on Let's Plays.
If I wanted to experience their stories, sure.
Do please tell me why anyone should actually buy witcher if the only attraction is the story and dialogue?
>>
>>343665834
Souls games have different builds, more than four attacks and allow you to use more than a tiny, tiny handful of weapons and spells.

Witcher is an interactive novel with tacked-on action combat and a few RPG elements.
>>
>>343664880
It feels more immersive when you're in control. This is objectively true. It feels good to simply bask in the nature and water.
>>
>>343666136
why other game need to be same as souls.
>>
>>343659294
This is why you pick Piercing Cold as a mutation. Saved me from large mobs so many times
>>
File: 1467354603126.gif (2 MB, 272x210) Image search: [Google]
1467354603126.gif
2 MB, 272x210
>>343666152
>Immersive
I feel more immersed in Super Mario Bros. than I do in Witcher 3. Presenting the player with a narrative doesn't automatically make a game immersive, gameplay is more immersive than any story in a game could ever be.
>>
>>343666023
Because you get to make your own choices that affect the story and the characters in it. The same reason that anybody has ever played RPGs. You're missing the entire goddamn point if you act like a fag and watch an LP.
>>
>>343652215
I didn't really find anything wrong about it either. It's different but it plays well.
>>
>>343666136

>build variety meme

souls games are essentially street fighter clones with giant retard swords stolen from monster hunter

you know this, right?
>>
>>343666023
There is more to the series than that if you stop listening to Soulsfag shitposting. The point is that a let's play cannot possibly convey all the nuances because you cannot direct where to go
>>
>>343666354
Doesn't need to be just like Souls games, flesh out the mechanics that are already there. Fix the clunky movement, allow Geralt to wield more than short swords, make more than three builds available and viable, add new enemy types, let Geralt do more than the same two sword swings, etc. etc.
>>
>>343666442
>The same reason that anybody has ever played RPGs
So, gameplay? Making dialogue choices does not make a game an RPG, it makes it an adventure game.
>>
>>343666136
God your life and entertainment must be shit if every game you play is compared to Souls. Jesus.

I loved the gameplay of Metal Gear Rising but good God I'm not gonna shit on MGS3 because the gameplay isn't just like it.
>>
File: 1466882811962.gif (1 MB, 303x294) Image search: [Google]
1466882811962.gif
1 MB, 303x294
I like Souls and Witcher
>>
>>343666670
>>343666698
>S-s-shitposting!
>M-m-memes!

Every thread. Every time. Witcher has shitty combat, fucking deal with it.
>>
>>343666442
>Because you get to make your own choices that affect the story and the characters in it
The consequences of which you can both see on youtube.
>>
>>343666912
>its because witcher3 actually has better gameplay than souls
You brought it up, faggot.
>>
>>343666430
I don't. In super mario bros you just press the jump button and walk right.

In witcher you have a lot more control therefore more immersion. Souls games have improved immersive due to their controls as well.

If you could design a controller that controls every aspect of a virtual human being then that would be even more immersive than what we have now.

But as it is, a NES controller is too simple in comparison to modern controls.
>>
>>343664880
If you a such a faggot that you like to watch lets play than play a game then go ahead, no one's stopping you.
>>
>>343666713
movement are not clunky they aim to be realistic. most people can adapt to that . and game offer you rend and whirl.
>>
>>343666951
Because it happens every time and you wrote 3 sentences about how it's combat isn't souls and therefore shit. Yes, they are right, now go back to one of your threads.
>>
>>343666951

k
>>
>>343667068
>(You)
>>
>>343661978
I did the opposite, went from TW3 to DD and I couldn't bear the world or the story.
>>
>>343667136
Follow the reply chain, dipshit. You brought it up.
>>
>>343667162
>someone who doesn't know what immersion is and watches lets plays on youtube
LMAO
>>
>>343667057
Learn to either quote or read. I never said that at all.
>>
File: Billl.jpg (23 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
Billl.jpg
23 KB, 407x407
>People start the thread by complaining about Souls
>People defend Souls
>Ughhhh, fucking Soulsbabbies just CANT STOP talking about their precious game and leave us poor, innocent, reasonable people alone.
>>
>>343667101
And that aim for realism is what makes it clunky to control. They made it look nice, not play nicely.
>>
File: 1448661729220.png (32 KB, 736x864) Image search: [Google]
1448661729220.png
32 KB, 736x864
SOULS HAS BETTER GAMEPLAY!!!!!
>>
>people are seriously arguing the game looks just as good on youtube as it does on your pc

Really? I mean I knew that most witcher 3 shitposters were poorfags that can't play the game but I didn't know they were so deluded.
>>
>>343667370
that subjectively though.
>>
>>343666670
This
>>
>>343667264
Then why did you respond to my post that was directly responding to that?

Witcherfags saying Souls had shittier combat, I disagreed and stated why. Then you chimed in and whined about how everything doesn't need to be Souls. Follow the replies, you simpering shitwit.
>>
>>343658196
Fucking legend.
>>
File: 20160531133019_1.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160531133019_1.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>343658793
on death march a pack of wolves are the most dangerous enemies in the game, hell even packs 30 levels below me still did obscene damage
>>
>>343667254
No I did not. I am not the person you quoted. You are talking about more than one person. Not once in my posts did I ever reference Souls. My first post in the thread was >>343665674

Maybe you should follow replies better.
>>
>>343667470
Where or not I like it is subjective, but that aim for realistic animations everywhere slows shit down and makes the game less responsive.
>>
>>343667424
it has different gameplay, these games do different things.

if you said "souls has better combat" i would thoroughly agree with you.
>>
>>343667292
The Souls games have such shallow forgettable gameplay.
The new one's already forgotten in s month until the next one one out, it's literally call of duty with swords.
>>
I started playing again after a two week hiatus, and suddenly my stamina regen (resource
for signs / sprinting) regens at a much slower rate than before, any reason why it could be?
>>
>>343667531
Three separate posters are responding to you.

>don't ever respond to me again unless you're contributing to my conversation
That is how you sound.
>>
>>343667664
counter strike and battlefield.
>>
>>343667614
Then why are you randomly replying to posts without reading the full conversation?

>"Souls has shitty combat"
>Nope, here's why
>"O-M-G, why does EVERYTHING have to be Souls!?"
>>
>>343667531
He'd right though, listen to him.
>>
>>343667789
it regens faster out of combat and slower in combat
you're probably a noob who didn't even know this
>>
>>343667292
More like you can't have a Witcher thread without shitposting from souls.

Best witcher threads are 2am in the USA. You can actually talk about the game and how you like it without having to waste half the thread making defenses against the same shit.
>>
>>343666975
>The consequences of which you can both see on youtube.
You can also see all the fights in Bloodbourne on youtube. You could even lookup different builds just like you can look up the different consequences.
>>
>>343652215
It's just really simple. I was able to get through most of the game on Death March with little challenge by just circle dodging enemies and spamming Quen.
>>
>/v/ can't discuss a game without intense shit posting
>claims to be better than reddit.
>>
>>343667812
>God your life and entertainment must be shit if every game you play is compared to Souls. Jesus.
You brought it up, faggot.

>"Witcher has better combat than Souls!" says some Witcherfag
>No it doesn't, here's why:
>"Why does EVERYTHING have to be Souls?"
>Because you compared the two, numbnuts.

If you didn't make the initial comparison, then you certainly didn't read any of the following replies, because every one of my posts was in direct response to that. Then you chimed in and whined about Souls or something.
>>
File: citadel.jpg (17 KB, 343x304) Image search: [Google]
citadel.jpg
17 KB, 343x304
>>343667865
Oh okay, I am not allowed to respond to you or reply to posts I want. Aight
>>
>>343668058
Why are you deflecting to Souls/BB?
Do you really have no arguments or reasoning of your own?
>>
>>343668007
I like both series.
Witcher babbies still actively provoked Souls babbies at the start of this thread for no reason.
You can't complain about shitposting when you started it
>>
>>343668058
But that's gameplay, that's not watching cutscenes and reading dialogue.
>>
>>343668226
Not the guy you're talking to, but your tantrum is fucking hilarious.
>>
Souls games are good.
Witcher games are good.

Can we please talk about witcher games in witcher threads and souls games in souls threads?
>>
>>343668250
Do you walk into random conversations and start commenting without knowing what the people were actually talking about?

Wictherfags started it, then you came in and moaned about Souls being brought up.
>>
>>343668413
As has all of bawling your eyes out over Souls shitposters that don't exist.
>>
>>343668413
>I have no argument, so I'll resort to condescending name-calling
:^)
>>
>>343658196
I love how the guy in the camo never recovers from that one savage punch
>>
>>343668591
No, because witcher fans supposedly can't understand differing opinions and believe anybody who dislikes the game is a souls fan.
>>
>>343665674
>mash strong attack for every fist fight.
Don't lie

Holy shit Witcher 3 fags are deluded and think the game is hard. Go play the game yourself and spam strong attack on death march during every 1v1 fist fight match except for Grim and the bear/rock troll. Even Grim can be beaten by spamming light->heavy->dodge->wait->repeat, his AI just loves to turtle.
>>
>>343668591
These are pretty much shitposting only threads
>>
>>343668798
It's just so easy, all you have to do is say something like
>Witcher has bad combat
And the thread is ruined.

Witcher fans wouldn't be so defensive if there wasn't some truth to this, and you almost never see anyone try to explain why the combat isn't bad, just accusations of "S-s-shitposting!" and "Y-y-you didn't play it!"
>>
If Witcher 3 combat is so good how come there isn't a single youtube video where you'll go "wow that guy is pretty good"?
>>
File: madness.png (600 KB, 1830x2706) Image search: [Google]
madness.png
600 KB, 1830x2706
>>343668762
>>343668668
Yup, it's witcherfags.
>>
>>343669215
there are a lot on youtube. you never bother to search anyway.
>>
The worst part is witcher senses.
Can't fucking examine ANYTHING unless you hold the witcher sense button first.
>>
File: 14268746165428.jpg (468 KB, 1406x1251) Image search: [Google]
14268746165428.jpg
468 KB, 1406x1251
>>343669024
Thing is, the must be some good part of Witcher 3 to make virgins mad enough to create this masterpiece of asshurt.

It's a great game and there's nothing /v/eddit can do about it.
Great game, great reception.
It's GOAT and official GOTY 2015, that's why it's make some people so mad.
>>
>>343669652
Nice links. They're all generic combat mashups with awful music or cheese strategies that anyone could do.
>>
>>343652215
>/v/ always complains about the combat in this game

you mean soulsfags.
>>
>>343668762
Whoever it is, must be autismal as fuck.
Yesterday we had a thread were one guy unironically spent 4 hours shitting on TW3.

It's really sad tbqh, but if it makes subhumans so mad, it's because is a great game and these ''people'' are in complete denial over it.
Delicious butthurt.
>>
The problem with Witcher 3 is the same problem most AAA games have. Like Assassin's Creed games or MGSV it's tweaked to be way too forgiving to players and nearly every single option to the player feels like it makes the game too easy.

Some parts of the game like investigations play themselves. You just walk around and examine highlighted objects. Others almost impossible to fail like horse racing.
>>
>>343669709
It looks nice, the characters are well-animated, people like the story. The presentation is excellent, the gameplay just falls completely flat and is awful. CDPR make nice-looking games but seem to forget that they're making games sometimes.
>>
>>343669456
>>343669709
>those pics
That's really sad.

I'm so glad no one here can affect this industry.
>>
>>343661578

>Still, it wasn't great. Basically every enemy requires the same tactic, which is repeatedly dodging until you can safely land a hit.

this is exactly the same as souls-shit
>>
>>343669925
It's a game for modern players who need their hands held every 10 seconds. It wouldn't have sold as well if it were actually challenging.
>>
>>343669709
Heh, I remember yesterday where the autist got butthurt because someone didn't care that he hated the game.

I'm amazed that there are people who are genuinely angry at this game, who feel nothing but pure anger and probably get headaches after posting in these threads and get genuinely butthurt.

It's fucking glorious.
>>
>>343657767
>what is a dimeritium bomb?
>what is a cursed oil?
>what is a igni?

fucking kill yourself you shitter, go back to dark souls and your twink builds
>>
>>343669925
>>343670038
>>343670081
In these 3, there's two (You)s.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 344x120) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 KB, 344x120
>>343670239
Nope, try again, faggot
>>
File: 11423_front.jpg (51 KB, 480x682) Image search: [Google]
11423_front.jpg
51 KB, 480x682
>>343669693

witcher3 is more of a gamepad game
senses are very easy to do on gamepad

so is dodging, blocking, using two different attacks, casting magic signs
the button layout is perfect on gamepad and all the controls are perfectly placed under your fingertips (xbox gamepad, not sonyshit)

geralt doesn't need the fluidity of a mouse or the autism of a keyboard
a gamepad works perfectly here

pic unlreated, but an amazing game more people should know about
>>
>>343670402
One out of three, then the other two must be the two (Yous)
>>
>>343670457
Yup, sure they are, Champ.
>>
>>343670121
It's even worse because yesterday he replied to himself more than once.
A sad display, but then again, every success breeds jealous haters from other, much less succesful franchises.
>>
>>343670176
this exactly.
most faggots who complain about game being a click-dodge fest are the ones who were playing it as a click-dodge fest.

ignoring signs, bombs, oils and the effects they had on enemies.
>>
>>343670569
I, too, absolutely adore McDonald's hamburgers. they are, quite simply, the pinnacle of deliciositicity. I mean, over 1 billion served can't be wrong, right?
>>
I enjoy these threads because this isn't just shitposting.
There are people legitimately angry at this game, these are the best threads because you can feel the asshurt coming from these people who wish the game wasn't such a genuine success.

Just think about it, there virgins who spend hours and hours trying to shit on a game praised by everyone.
These people are what's wrong with this industry, but are also the most fun to talk with because everything that doesn't agree with them sets their butthole on fire.
>>
>>343670623
Because they're less effective and efficient, there's usually little reason to use those other than to simply not be performing the same shit over and over again, there's no real advantage.
>>
File: 146304799891.png (927 KB, 638x718) Image search: [Google]
146304799891.png
927 KB, 638x718
>>343670702
See?
This guy is so absolutely assmad.
Delicious butthurt.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (25 KB, 387x220) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
25 KB, 387x220
>>343670457
Hmm
>>
>>343670821
>there's no real advantage
This is how you know someone didn't play the game.

>use Aard
>they fall to the ground
>stab them and they are dead
>>
>>343670839
Always nothing but deflection, it's just sad.

>You're just shitposting!
>You didn't play it!
>Haha you're so buttblased XD
>>
>>343670960
>Y-y-you just didn't play it!
>>
>>343671010
Why?
TW3 was a success, got positive reviews everywhere, GOTY 2015, and none of your spam will ever change that, plus i'll get to see your legitimate anger always.
It's the best possible outcome for me, and Witcher fans, of course.

Also

>>343671116
>>343671010
>exactly one minute from each other

So.
Absolutely.
Assmad.
>>
>>343671116
You said signs are useless, I proved they are not, and you have no argument.
Too bad, so sad.
>>
File: 1372891533560.jpg (32 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1372891533560.jpg
32 KB, 615x456
OP here. 200+ posts later and nobody has said anything even remotely constructive. Everyone ITT has complained that its either "not dark souls" or its too easy due to maxing out a skill set. Fucking christ. No need to get so bootyblasted over the most frivolous shit.
/v/ strikes again
>>
>>343671145
Keep replying, this is just funny.
>>
>>343670821
how is there no advantage?
every bomb has an effect on enemy, not just the damage. northern wind+ whirl will take out groups of enemies, throwing a dancing star in will cause them to burn and give you time to heal, everything has its use and a big impact on fights.
>>
>>343671145
>It's an 'act really condescending and aloof in an attempt to seem like you don't care when you really do' post
>>
>>343671145
>TW3 was a success, got positive reviews everywhere, GOTY 2015, and none of your spam will ever change that, plus i'll get to see your legitimate anger always.
Not even that anon, but pretending that review scores and GOTY awards matter in this fucking industry is a fucking joke, come on now.
>>
>>343671289
This is the true fun.
>>343669456
>>343669709

TW3 being such a massive success is what is making people have their assholes on fire.
>>
>>343671282
what kind of build are you using OP?
and switch to death march, it's much more fun
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 91

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.