[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to join the master race. I want to max everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (206 KB, 1800x878) Image search: [Google]
image.png
206 KB, 1800x878
I'm looking to join the master race. I want to max everything out at 1080p60 for the next 5 years, no compromise.

Is this a good build? Are there any savings I could make? I'm mostly skeptical of the mobo.

I'll be picking up a 1070 later when they're actually available. Tempted to get a Founder's Edition because I'm impatient but nah.
>>
>>343652021
There's a good chance the noctua won't fit in the case.

Don't ever fucking cheap out on the model(not the wattage) of PSU. Seasonic is good, but I'd recommend upgrading it.

Where's your SSD? You want one at least as an OS drive.
>>
>>343652021
fanless 700W seasonic or Nofan 600W
You don't need the expensive i7 6700, go for Intel Core i5-6600

That cooler is fucking expensive and bad, use this one https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Shadow-Rock-Cooler-LGA775/dp/B00VGDN6F6/178-5735415-7094856?ie=UTF8&tag=bom-tomshardware-20
>>
>>343652352
>full tower
>noctua won't fit

It will fit fine, but you don't have any reason whatsoever to buy a noctua
>>
>>343652021
spending 150+ in a keyboard

are you fucking retard? for playing call of duty and retard MMOs? really?
>>
>>343652021
Getting an i5 6600k will save you $130 easy for unnoticable difference.

Hyperthreading is useless for anyone who doesn't stream/upload videos/works with rendering and and multi-core optimizations in the future also apply to the i5.
>>
>>343652021
that's an okay build as far as I see it, but an SSD is a must nowadays

I assume there is at least 16gb of ram in there?

maybe consider getting a cheaper keyboard. As far as mechanical ones go, I favor the cherry browns. They're clicky and can sound loud depending on your input, but they don't go full-retard 180db with every press like the blues
>>
Bought this for my consoles.
How poor was my decision?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Don't have a gaming pc yet, probably won't for a few months or more.
>>
>>343655381
it was not a bad decision
>>
>>343652021
cheaper mouse,
cheaper keyboard (still mech if you really want it),
cheaper cpu cooler,
it 6600k,
medium tower,
2x 4gb ram,
and the versinon of that mobo without the shitty Pro gaming tag on it

would probably save you about 350 dollars easy
and you'd get marginally worse performance that's still 1080 and above 60fps
>>
>>343655786
Thanks. I was just feeling really stupid for getting it when I could've gotten a monitor that I could use for a PC in the future as well.
Oh well. I will just deal with my decision.
It looks so much better than my 30inch TV thats for damn sure,
>>
so your build is $480 without the gpu. Make this shit a $800 build if you want no problems for 5 years
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.