[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw comfy I haven't played this game since it was released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10
File: 20160703101512_1.jpg (260 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160703101512_1.jpg
260 KB, 1440x900
>tfw comfy
I haven't played this game since it was released and in the past 2 weeks, I've spent 11 hours fucking around, walking and looting stuff and killing/cooking chickens and somehow been entertained
how are you lads liking DayZ .60?

>tfw my gasoline canister full of purified water glitched out and disappeared
>>
The new patch actually did a lot of justice for the game. The best way to explain it is that they're actually really in an alpha now. The game actually seems close to being playable as a beta.

I'd love to play a public first person server but they really don't show up at all.
>>
The Farmer John I just spoke to was a lot friendlier than this.
>>
I redownloaded when 0.60 launched, seemed like the same broken piece of shit so I uninstalled and killed myself after about an hour
>>
>>343651812
I get exactly what you're saying and agree completely actually
the game just didn't feel like it had any features when I first played but now it actually feels like what I'd imagine an alpha for the game to be like
and it runs pretty great so it's playable too
>>
>>343651812
>>343652716

You guys shilling or has it actually improved?

Day Z mod fanatic back in the day, hated SA. Wouldn't mind getting back into it, though.
>>
>>343652716
True, I only really get like rare stutters.
Although, running around in cities causes frame drops but I've got a i3.
>>
>>343652901
I have hundreds of hours both off and on steam on arma 2 just from dayz alone and I fucking hated SA when it came out too
it's honestly really playable now
I think the experience of discovering all the new shit really felt good
I figured out how to fucking fish shit on my own, that's fucking rad
>>343652903
same here, 60 fps constant with drops in cities on an amd athlon ii 640 which is kind of old
>>
>>343652395
wow
What's the secret? I want to be a ghost too, want to piss people off.
>>
>>343652901
What would I gain from shilling?
Only shilling which happens in Bohemia Interactive threads is squad squatters coming in basically saying the arma comparative of "Your waifu is shit"

>>343653159
Well I've got a GTX 950, I just need a better CPU.
>>
>>343653519
>Well I've got a GTX 950, I just need a better CPU.
well hey me too, but with a 970
>>
>>343652901
They're shilling. The aiming is way better, the performance is way better, but it's still the same boring, broken, perpetual alpha that it always was. If you have it, might as well try playing again but don't get your hopes up.
>>
dude i just killed your whole group
>>
>>343653998

Thanks for the honest reply, senpai.
>>
File: Blini.jpg (12 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
Blini.jpg
12 KB, 211x212
>>343653998
>>343654085
>Anything but negative criticsm is shilling?

We were literally talking about frame drops in cities before that.
>>
File: fk.gif (1 MB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
fk.gif
1 MB, 500x225
>>343649981
nice ad
>>
>>343654003
Man the blokes in that video really just led themselves to death. Daniel was just standing idly while they all ran up to die.
>>
>>343653998
This. Until it gets better zombies and the new controller there's still nothing to do.
>>
>>343654436
Let me ask, do you play lone or with others?
>>
>>343651812
>The best way to explain it is that they're actually really in an alpha now.
I'm glad they're getting shit done, but fuck me man it's taken way, way, WAY too fucking long.
>>
>>343652052
This guy tried to kill me, I locked him in this room
>>
>bringing around my new and improved gas canister of many waters
>the fucking context menu is stuck up again
>it won't go away
is there a keybind to put down the context menu?
>>
They need to hire 25 new professional game devs and use a modern game engine. Totally remake the game from scratch with openworld multiplayering focus.

Only then will this games potential be fully realized.
>>
>>343652716
It only took like how many years?
>>
>>343658096
Two and a half
>>
But do vitamins do anything yet?
>>
>>343658743
Do vitamins do anything in real life?
>>
>>343649981
>how are you lads liking DayZ .60?

It's still nowhere near as good as the mod was, but this is a big step in the right direction since now I can get consistent 60 FPS playing, even when fighting other players. It's a lot smoother now, but there's still a lot to do to even make it as good as the mod was.
>>
>>343657318

Except most game devs would drop most of the things that made DayZ interesting in the first place and it'd pretty much just be H1Z1.
>>
>>343660068

I'd imagine if you were out and food was hard to come by it'd at least help you stave off micro nutrient deficiencies. You might have a lot of canned food or something but it'd make sure you don't develop scurvy or rickets or something because you haven't eaten any vitamin c in 3 months.
>>
Are zombies still clipping the ground and attacking below the ground?
>>
I remember complaining about zombies being useless/harmless and getting yelled at because THAT'S INTENDED, HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS
>>
>>343661276
Zombies are humans in the purest form.
>>
>All this bohemia shilling in the thread

Guess they've hopped on the PR bandwagon too
>>
>>343655725
Calm down.
>>
How substantial is performance improvement? I'm desperate for someone to make the true survival game.
>>
>>343661276

Maybe if they're retarded. The lack of threat from the zombies for anyone who's played more than an hour or two has been one of DayZ's biggest issues.

Humans can still be the 'real monsters' but zombies need to still be a real and everpresent threat to your survival as well. Zombies are the common enemies, other players are the bosses.
>>
File: dandaz.png (208 KB, 581x567) Image search: [Google]
dandaz.png
208 KB, 581x567
>>343651812
>>
>>343662540

Running cross country I'd get like 35-45 frames, now I get a steady 60.

In cities it'd be like 25-35, now those are a solid 45-50 in cities. It's a pretty strong improvement, as well as a lot of interesting map changes as well to the major cities like Cherno.
>>
>>343662591

>animal companions
>base building

Are the DayZ devs trying to fail?
>>
File: 1464652566589.jpg (171 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
1464652566589.jpg
171 KB, 500x550
>>343662591
>they haven't even finished half of the projected Q1 content
>>
File: 1343191520331.jpg (102 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1343191520331.jpg
102 KB, 800x600
>>343649981
>Played hundreds of hours with my buds in Arma II DayZ mod
>Call them up to play yesterday because things are getting somewhat stable finally
>All but one refuses
>Tell my friend he needs to respawn because he's far away
>"Oh yeah, now I remember why this game is shit, I don't want to play a broken running simulator"
>He logs off teamspeak immediately
>Alone in Chernarus
Oh.
>>
>>343663148

I just play alone on DayZ. Sometimes that gets me fucked in a firefight but I don't have anyone I know to even play ARMA with, let alone DayZ.
>>
>>343662591
They've done vehicles
They've done loot
Enfusion is the new render
Zombie AI is consistently worked on.
Stealh system is in.
Diseases are in.
Cooking and horticulture are in.
Advanced vehicles are in
Advanced animals are close to being released.
Not sure what they're doing there
UI is out
Player Stamina is not there.
Dynamic events do appear, saw a helicopter crash.
Not sure about this.
Phsiycs system is in
Traps are in.
Barricading isn't.
Not sure about this.
Close to being put in the game.
Aerial transport is being featured in blogs.
Not sure
Not sure

Q4 just sounds like pre-release shit.
So far they've done what they've promised but did not rush. /v/ complains when developers go to fast and leave the game shit, but they also complain when they take their time and develop.

>>343663148
ArmA 2 was pretty much like that except for servers like epoch.
>>
>>343664214
Lesson is, if you are a dev and are going to take your time don't post a fucking roadmap with expected dates on it!
>>
>>343665224
Almost every developer misses planned times if they actually give a single shit about their games. If you've learned anything from gaming from 07 to 16 you would had noticed that. Bohemia isn't this pariah for doing it.
>>
Just because you can make shit run well doesn't change the fact that it's shit.
>>
>>343665524
I honestly find it funny that every contrarian uses this analogy since it popped up.
>>
>>343649981
I like it even more. Still far from perfect, some frustrating bugs can pop up but i actually like the walking simulator part, gathering shit and being sneaky.

I just wish i could play on a server where everyone don't KOS. The spergs on Dayz general aren't helping with that, a bunch of kids using cheats all day.
>>
>>343666219
I'd sugguest roleplay communities if the people playing on them weren't autistic shitters.
>>
>>343666361
Yeah that's the problem. I checked that and most rp communities are autistic as fuck. I just want to play in a somewhat realistic way, fuck.
>>
Runs better and feels smoother, but it doesn't change the fact that game has no content, just a large empty map.

They need to improve PvE.
Seriously, I run for hours and at best I meet 1-2 zombies in every city while most of them are totally empty.

How hard it is to add fucking zombies in the game?
>>
Will State of Decay 2 have multiplayer?
>>
>>343666915
If the devs don't fuck with us, yes. The first was supposed to have it too, remember.
>>
>>343666641
Best way to utilize these communities is just hang around the shores and haunt new spawns, all the roleplay faggots head in land most newbies hang around the shore, they're more tolerant to jackassery.

>>343666841
It is actually depending on players, if players crew up in a city you'll get a legitimate horde which offfers problems. If you hang around alone you'll get little amounts.
>>
>>343666219
Play on first person servers. I advise everyone complaining about deathmatch kiddies to do this, from what I've seen 1st person players are far more mature. It's way more tense as well when you can't use a ghost camera to see around corners.
>>
>>343652901
some servers still run like ass.

gunplay is still wonky as fuck, stamina broken (probably fixed in the new character controller, brian hicks says they will work on a more smooth controlling scheme in the future)

gun sounds dont work half the time still (until next patch)

and there are still loads of bugs.
>>
>>343663083
yes they have. all of those features are in the game.
>>
>>343667463
Yeah i always forgot to do that. I mean if you play on those servers it's because you're not just trying to have the edge on others shitters and just want to play a good game.
>>343667253
I speak mainly french and the french rp servers are pure cancer. Like you can't do what do you want most of the time. I could play on an english speaking server but i'm ashamed by my bad english.
>>
What does this game have over Rust in any way?
>>
>>343666841

A big problem for them, especially for a company like Bohemia, is they'll never have a decent amount of zombies from what I can tell.

Like, at the height of the DayZ mod there'd be like 400-500 zombies across all 225 sq km.

To get it feeling closer to a proper zombie apocalypse you'd would probably need something closing in on 10k active zombies, concentrated to cities mostly.
>>
>>343666219
>dayz general

that shit ended in late 2014
>>
>>343667918
Nobody cares about your english as long as your mic isn't a piece of shit
>>
>>343667973
micromanagement
>>
>>343668092
Alright then, thanks mate.
>>343667973
They are very different games, you can't really compare them imo.
>>
>>343668002
Their plans for zombies is to have around 3k on one server and only spawn them in major cities and mil bases where players actually are. It is a waste to have zombies where nobody on the server is near.
>>
The mod had much better pacing.

Standalone is ridiculously tedious, not helped at all by loot spawns being 90% clothing.

The new renderer was a godsend though, 60fps in big cities now vs. the 15 I was getting.
>>
File: Bvov6gf.jpg (362 KB, 1011x983) Image search: [Google]
Bvov6gf.jpg
362 KB, 1011x983
>>343668452
The standalone has loot zones to get people off the coast. You won't find anything of value in zone 1, but there is progressively better loot up to zone 4 where NWAF is.
>>
>>343668403

Zombies in the mod only showed up if you were a certain distance away from a zombie spawn point, which was pretty much lootable buildings. So, with a close to full server you'd see like 400-500 total. Glad to hear they're planning on much greater amounts but 3k still seems kinda anemic for zombie apocalypse even if it's for 50 people.
>>
>>343668345
>they're different games you can't compare them!
They're both apocalyptic survival games where player interaction is key, you can compare them you fuck. Rust is infinitely better than DayZ and I rarely even play Rust.
>>
>>343668742
I think it was better in the mod where what you found loot wise was mostly determined by the building you were searching, not what zone you were in.
>>
A VOTE FOR WALLS IS A VOTE FOR FREEDOM
>>
File: bf8.png (224 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
bf8.png
224 KB, 358x310
>>343668874
>>343668874

>where player interaction is key
>in rust
>>
>check out the 2 barrack military base in northernmost chernarus
>high capacity vest
>full gorka
>helmet
>akm
>mag
>bipod

It feels so weird looting areas where no one's recently been.
>>
>>343668874
One is like, fucking hardcore realistic micro-managing game where you lose EVERYTHING if you die.

The other is arcade base-building somewhat-survival soon with character progression, if you die you lose your stuff, respawn in your bed and equip a new ak to shoot the fucker who just killed you.

Sounds very different to me, and i like both games.
>>
>>343649981

Still kinda of wish they kept in the journal / newsclipping aspect so player's can piece together how the outbreak happened / some sort of backstory.

Always wanted to figure that out with some friends.

Need those first though.
>>
>>343663083
Based movie, anon.
>>
>>343669359
Reminds me of the green mountain radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVxXHyE1CJM

>that ending howl
>>
>>343669169

That's probably the biggest thing between how DayZ is and all the other survival horror games that came after it, is that others are games first, but DayZ was built out of ARMA 2, so that milsim DNA that flows in it is really what separates it from the others and why I enjoy DayZ, but things like Rust, H1Z1 and others just never seemed like they could be half as good.
>>
>This game is going to be ported to the PS4 and Xbox One
>They just now figured out how to make the game run not-shit on High-end PCs
>>
>>343669596

Neat.

Didn't know about that at all.

Shame about DayZ. I always enjoyed some parts of it. Never cared about how it turned into some PvP fest though I did enjoy the tension of not knowing if another group was friendly or not.

Also I did like back in the mod where the zombies aggroed based on sound so you could sneak through an entire town if you were careful. Added tension.
>>
>>343670192
>Also I did like back in the mod where the zombies aggroed based on sound

Zombies aggroed based on sound and sight.

I mean, yeah, you could do a lot of sneaking and it was very enjoyable to through Cherno without being spotted once like doing Euro Extreme in MGS3, but zombies would aggro on sight, and could actually see you from like 200m away if you cross right in front of them.
>>
>>343649981
stop.
This game is an abomination and I can safely say we're more likely to see the apocalypse than live up to this game's """""stable"""""" launch
>>
>>343671480

It's better than most other early access shit, but it's fallen way short of it's promises, hell, it's still not even up to where the mod was 4 years ago.
>>
>>343671873
At least it's not like Starbound... oh, wait.
>>
>>343671873
>It's better than most other early access shit
like hell it is, how many years has it been in alpha stage now?
>>
>>343672149
Didn't it enter a de facto alpha stage just recently?
>>
>>343672149
Name me another EA game that you think is really that much better. Rust, H1Z1, 7 days to die, Zomboid are all shitty and none of them really come out ahead of DayZ standalone, and especially not the mod. The one that probably comes closest and does survival right is maybe The Long Dark.
>>
>>343672321
then what was the stage before it called?
>>
>>343673013
Pre-alpha?
>>
>>343651812
i hate what the definition of alpha has become
>>
>>343649981
its fun on private server
randoms are just shit (atleast on EU)
>>
>>343673003
7 Days to Die is a Minecraft clone with zombies, although the changes in the last two years made it look like a totally different game, one that shows character and potential. Project Zomboid is one of the best zombie survival games on the market, hands down. Haven't played Rust or H1Z1, but I'm pretty sure you're either baiting or haven't played those games in a long time.
>>
>>343673003
>project zomboid
>shit
nigga are you ok ? It's like isometric DayZ with actual zombies, much more shit and awesome mods.
>>
>>343673256
It updates at the speed of shit, though. It should be the best zombie game once it's feature complete.
>>
>>343673438
Yeah and that's killing me. This shit is old as fuck, they deliver good content but fuck me if this game is completed before an actual zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>343673003
>Name me another EA game
no, I did not claim that there's a better game out there.
The point is this whole genre is currently nothing but a cash grab and everyone is trying to exploit is as much as possible.
Even the Arma2 mod has made so much more progress in much less time than the SA which is supposed to have Bohemia's support.
Only reason to play it are the fucking gimmicks such as poisoning someone. They still haven't changed those horrible zombie voices, which not only sound horrible, out of place, distorted and aren't the same volume-level , they also bug out at every possible chance they get.

Also, take a look at the list of games you mentioned:
>7 days to die
Early access
>Rust
Early access
>H1Z1
Early access and also got branched off to another game that's exclusively battle royale
>Zomboid
Early access
>the long dark
Early access

Note that I'm not saying they're bad because some are coming along pretty good, but is there a single modern-ish game that's actually finished and can be called finished and stable?
I'd really like to know, because if not, this whole genre is nothing but embarrassment and anyone who supports it mindlessly like the people buying DayZ to stalk their youtube celebs should be ashamed
>>
>>343673829
>Note that I'm not saying they're bad because some are coming along pretty good, but is there a single modern-ish game that's actually finished and can be called finished and stable?
Indie studios don't have the resources to just work for five years on a game like this and only then release it, and large publishers will not risk their money on a product that may or may not sell. Here, I just explained why most survival games are EA or perpetual-beta.
>>
>>343674681
DayZ mod alone was a major or even only reason for a lot people to buy Arma2, and now it still keeps selling more and more, so there's not much risk. The only other thing they're working on atm is Apex.

Also the H1Z1 devs used to be a Sony company, were they so shit that Sony sold them or what?
>>
do zombies still run through the walls of houses and kill you because if thats still happening this game is fucking dumb
>>
>>343675880
>it's a "WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING." episode

:^)
>>
>>343676001
yea, fuck fixing the AI, just add more shit like megaphones.
Now that's the kind of development I want to see and support
>>
>>343649981
are there even zombies in the game yet?

where are my wandering herds?
>>
>>343669375
care to enlighten me?
>>
>>343676716
yea there's like 5 zombies per city! Next update it's bumping it up to 8!
>>
File: 1466183079733.png (690 KB, 850x464) Image search: [Google]
1466183079733.png
690 KB, 850x464
>>343678272
Remember when they said theyd have large groups of zombies in fields?
>>
>>343678786
and they might
in 5 more years
>>
>>343678873
kek true
>>
>>343678873
They said zombies were next on their list.
I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>343673237

Project zomboid lost me because of it's presentation with the isometric styling, at that point it just becomes resource management with a little bit of maneuvering. Because of the way they've presented the game I don't feel scared or worried, anymore than I did for an individual unit in Starcraft.

You're too detached from your avatar in Zomboid, and thus it loses any tension, fear, and honestly, along with the simplified, stylized graphics, it's far too gamey and just doesn't give me any of those moments that the DayZ mod did back in the day.

At least with the Standalone, it occasionally happens in firefights, but Zomboid I'm too detached from what's going on to care, and that's a stylistic choice the devs made that I though really just made it overall a very poor experience for me.
>>
File: 2735798-screenshot_133.jpg (10 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
2735798-screenshot_133.jpg
10 KB, 160x160
>tfw everyone gives shit to survival sandbox games
I genuinely love the genre. You get experiences that you'd get from no other kind of game. Something crazy is always bound to happen.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.