[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game worth buying? I hear the Singleplayer is amazing and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
This game worth buying? I hear the Singleplayer is amazing and that id is fixing MP.

Gameplay looks pretty good, what is /v/'s opinion. Preferably from people who played it please, and not Nostalgiafags because in my previous experience with reboots, they are always biased and hate it for it just not being the original.
>>
>>343647285
Sp is indeed amazing. MP is currently shit and while id has taken back control of the MP, I don't know if they can fix it, so to speak.

Still worth it for the SP.
>>
>>343647419
What exactly has people hating the MP out of curiosity? Watching gameplay vids of it, it looks pretty fun.
>>
>>343647285
>id is fixing MP
How do you fix a steaming pile of shit?

Singleplayer is ok otherwise, has some modern BS and despite what faggots here say, the glory kill shit is neccessary and having it on Ultra Violence does not make it suddenly better because LOL HIGHER DIFFICULTY GUIZEEE

I guess it's because DooM in the day was a very big step foward, and this current DooM doesn't really do anything amazing apart from be slightly "old-school"

So yeah play it I guess, for the singleplayer if you really like old-school gameplay. I'd still put games like Painkiller, Hard Reset or any Serious Sam leagues above it though, buy those first if you haven't.
>>
The single player has garbage map design and is super linear. There's also no mods, so I hope you enjoy only playing the 6-8 hour campaign on the disc and nothing more.

>>343647702
Loadouts, progression systems, and no weapons on maps.
>>
Wait for it to drop down to $25. Maybe during Christmas sale of they do one this year. SP alone isn't worth the full price if you ask me.
>>
>>343647758
>glory kill shit is neccessary
Try playing on Nightmare and using glory kills.
>>
>>343648164
>Mfw enemies know when you glory kill and will charge an attack that'll hit you the moment you come out of the animation

Shit's suicide on high difficulties.
>>
ID is fixing the most, but they're not removing load outs and the like, so they're not really fixing it.
>>
>>343649663
I never really understood why people hate loadouts
>>
>>343647285
Finished the singleplayer yesterday and yes it's amazing.

Snapmap and multiplayer suck ass those.
>>
>>343649779
Because why are they necessary?
>>
>>343650127
But what's wrong with them is what I wanna know.
>>
>>343647285
Single player is best FPS to come out of the industry in almost a decade. Like, nearly flawless execution of what a Doom game used to be.

That being said, if you didn't like the original Doom or Brutal Doom you can pass.

If you did like those, then pick this on up, turn off all the HUD, play on hard, and enjoy one of the best experiences in your gaming life.

>Multiplayer is hella shit though
>Quake will be the fix to that
>>
>>343650289
It removes the skill of weapon control by just giving everyone what they want off spawn.
>>
If you have the money, it's worth it, despite what the piratefags and those who seem to think that DOOM should be Quake 3 Arena would tell you.
You should get it while it's still on sale. I payed full price on release, and regret nothing.
>>
>>343650403
But like, won't good players just outplay bad players anyway even with loadouts?
>>
>>343650637
Good players will outplay bad players regardless, the problem lies where good players go against good players, and there becomes an essential loadout that everyone has to run.
>>
>>343647285
Singeplayer is the best FPS campaign in years.
Multiplayer is dead as fuck despite rebalancing and DLC.

>>343647758
>the glory kill shit is neccessary
Glory Kills do literally nothing but give you 5 health and saving a single shot of your weapon.
If you're beneath a health threshold your next kill will be a pinata no matter how you kill it.

>Ultra Violence does not make it suddenly better
Yes it does. It makes it more challenging than it would be on Hurt Me Plenty without going overboard like Nightmare. It's the same reason ANY Serious Sam fan recommends playing on Serious difficulty.

Fuck off, shitter.
>>
this game is literally
>shoot enemy a couple of times until they glow
>press instant kill button
>repeat
>win game
>>
>>343650763
What would be the essential loadout for DOOM then? I see people running Hellshot, vortex, plasma rifles, chain gun, all that stuff. I rarely see one loadout style more than another.
>>
>>343650838
>instant kill button
>you were already shooting them beforehand, meaning the kill isn't instant
???? retard ????
>>
>>343647758
>the glory kill shit is neccessary
I find that the only use for glory kills is getting armor for that one rune, and even then trying to use it with deadly shit(eg,anything that isn't possessed or imps) around is just asking to take more damage. If you're low in health you're way better off just shooting a rocket/shotgun grenade/anything with large splash and killing several enemies at once for way more health.

Of course that's at higher difficulties, why the fuck would you need it during the lower difficulties?
>>
>>343650982
fucking faggot
i'm talking about the e button
where you rip out eyes n hearts
that is instant kill
before that you just shoot enemies a couple of times
faggot
>>
https://youtu.be/d3pQ0oO_cDE
Never forget polygon can't aim worth shit. This isn't even controller aim this is just retarded.
>>
so
does this game have any sort of story
or is it just
level after level after level?

i liked doom 3 because it was more horror-ish
>>
>>343650837

In my second playthrough on Nightmare I turned off the stagger highlighting and very rarely used glory kill. Did much better than during my first run on Ultra Violence.

So yeah, it's still very functional without constantly going for glory kills.
>>
>>343650934
I don't play Doom 4, but that's how it is in every other CoD clone.
>>
>>343650838
Not really. If you get that close on harder difficulty or against some enemies you will get your ass handed to you.
You have clearly never played the game and only watched twitch or a lets play.
>>
>>343651117
Stop embarrassing yourself, just delete your two posts and go back to lurking, fambo.

>>343651219
NuDoom was under-marketed for its narrative, but there's a lot of it there if you're willing to stand still and listen/read/look around. Probably one of the most hardcore narratives I've ever experienced considering Doomguy is now apparently an inter-dimensional paladin.
>>
File: Shame.gif (2 MB, 270x279) Image search: [Google]
Shame.gif
2 MB, 270x279
>>343651219
>I liked doom 3
>>
File: 1459403496005.jpg (97 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1459403496005.jpg
97 KB, 433x419
>>343651173
Every time.
>>
>>343647285
it's really generic and bland and also a bit disorientating
>>
>>343651604
>it's really generic and bland and also a bit disorientating
- Polygon
>>
>>343651263
But it plays nothing like CoD aside from the loadouts
>>
>>343651967
>no weapons on maps
>aim down sights
>loadouts
>perks
>>
>>343652092
>power weapons are on map
>almost no weapons have ADS
>loadouts yes
>perks function entirely differently and are far less relevant

What now, shitposter
>>
>>343651553
Aw come on, I liked it too.
>>
>>343652252
I dunno, autismo. It's not 100% CoD, but it's still a shit multiplayer for the same demographic to feel "hardcore" and "oldschool"
>>
File: 1458953398730.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
1458953398730.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
>>343652252
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG LALALALALALALA
>LALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG LALALALALALALA
>>
File: 1456889577455.jpg (158 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456889577455.jpg
158 KB, 1280x1280
>>343652469
So you're argument is "ITS LIKE CoD" and then when proven it's not like CoD, you shout "ITS NOT 100% CoD, ITS STILL SHIT THOUGH"

You sound like an epic memer that just hates it just to be hating it. People like you are the reason CoD shooters got popular to begin with, because you refuse to play anything besides the old Quake shooters, and even when an indie dev or AAA studio makes a game like the old Quake shooters, you ignore it anyway and say it's nothing like Quake, and thus the game dies. Thus forcing the devs to just make CoD shooters because at least people play them and aren't uppity snobs about them.
>>
>>343652908
Did I upset you because I called your Halo-lite shit?
>>
>>343647285
Let's be real. The "multiplayer" of DOOM was ALWAYS Quake.
>>
>>343652908
DOOM MP is still shit, tho.
>>
>>343652637
God DAMMIT ARCHER
>>
SP is 10/10 and absoulutely worth 36 bucks or whatever it costs right now on Steam.
MP on the other hand is a dronefest and a really shitty copycat of MW and Halo. Slow-paced as fuck, Rocket Laucher can't do shit etc.
Snapmap has a couple of cool 'classic' arenas, but that's it. Hopefully id will fix it somehow.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.