[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, So, I haven't done any console/handheld gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 81ocPLCedaL._SL1500_.jpg (119 KB, 1500x727) Image search: [Google]
81ocPLCedaL._SL1500_.jpg
119 KB, 1500x727
Hey /v/,

So, I haven't done any console/handheld gaming whatsoever in a long time. What price should I expect to pay for a Vita? Is the one on Amazon for $154 a good bet? What type of games am I going to see the most of -- i.e. what type of gamer would I have to be to warrant a Vita purchase?

If I did buy a Vita, are there any "must-buy" supplies, for example an SD card or case?

I don't actually go anywhere very much so the portability is whatever. I mostly just download and play shit on Steam atm and try to get all the achievements.
>>
Are you a weeb?
>>
>>343647543

Kinda. I don't know if I could stomach long or complex JRPGs anymore (70+ hr stories), but I do like games like Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright.
>>
>>343647662
ok well vita has mostly weeb games
You'll need a memory card, which are very overpriced and you can only use the Sony brand ones. Get at least 16gb which is $40, should hold a few digital games.
>>
>>343647274
It'll run you close to 200 bucks for console and a memory card. Get a 32gb of you plan to get a vita.

Must play game:
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Killzone Mercenary
Virtue Last Reward (must play 999 on the ds first)
Muramasa Rebirth + DLC
Freedom Wars
>>
>>343647274
>but I do like games like Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright.

Download a DS emulator and play through 999. Then if you do get a vita, get Virtue Last Reward. After you finish that, get Zero Dilemma Time.
>>
>>343648312

Doing that is actually part of the reason I'm considering getting a Vita, but at the same time, maybe if I just wait VLR will come to PC.
>>
File: 2016-06-26-142700.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-26-142700.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
Only if you are a weeb and its best if you love physical.
>>
File: QKpL97F.jpg (187 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
QKpL97F.jpg
187 KB, 2560x1440
>>343648525
Actually they just announced 999 is getting a port to vita and PC... visual upgrades and fully voiced. So feel free to wait around if you don't want to play on the old DS.

Pic related, taken straight from the Uchi conference hours ago.
>>
>buying a shita
>>
>>343648878
I already own the DS version but I might just wait for this if we can have more than one save file.
>>
>>343647274
You can get one somewhat used for $120 or so on eBay, along with a game like P4
>>
>>343649126
It will be worth if if they can make a flow chart like how it was in VLR.

I hated how you have to go back to the start of the entire game in 999 if you wanted to pick a different route. VLR did it right, you can just go back to the point where you pick the choices that lead to a different route.
>>
>>343647274
PlayStation TV is way cheaper and probably puts out better picture than the late model Vita.
>>
>>343649595
Definitely going to say this. The Vita's initial cost is compiled by purchasing a carrying case and screen protection. The cost adds up fast.
>>
You can get them for used or new off of eBay for cheaper than that. Can go to Reddit and get a used one for like 80 or 90. I think the vita is great. It has a much more robust library than the 3DS does and a lot more variety as well.
You just need a 16GB memory card at the very least. Can get one used for 15 bucks.
Although a 32GB one is the best and you can get one used for 40 or so.
Seriously don't even bother buying a new memory card.
>>
Get at least a 16 gig card, 8 gigs is too small to hold more than one good game.

And you may want to buy a grip if you play any for more than a hour. Portables are shit to hold without one.
>>
>>343649886
well you don't need either of those
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.