[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Universally trashed by critics, 55% on gamerankings >Loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 640x573) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 640x573
>Universally trashed by critics, 55% on gamerankings
>Loved by users, sells 1.5 million copies, still has an active community 7 years later
How?
>>
>>343647115
critics didn't understand the game.
>>
Is sky just a "Yellow" version of Darkness and Time?
>>
>>343647115
Like in many cases, critics were literally so retarded it impeded their ability to function and couldn't figure out the game which made them frustrated
>>
>Posts a game nobody has heard of
Yeah, I'm sure Waifu Simulator v0.05 for the Amiga still has a forum somewhere being worshiped by autists.
>>
>>343647115
iirc, reviews were essentially
>story too childish or too gritty for a child's game
>gameplay too easy, frustrating, outdated, and/or repetitive
>too much of a rehash or too different from the mainline games
>graphics too outdated
>>
>>343647485
Kinda, it has a lot of extra stuff time and darkness didn't have.

>>343647115
Most of the reviewers didn't even play though the entire game, I saw one that said they got stuck in apple woods.

This game was really fucking dark though, I didn't expect that kinda shit from a pokemon game
>>
>>343647691
https://youtu.be/d3pQ0oO_cDE
This
Always look at user reviews or find a reviewer you trust and stick with him. Don't ever listen to metacritic score or random reviews.
>>
File: 1465376032494.jpg (125 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
1465376032494.jpg
125 KB, 434x434
>you and your partner are stuck in a dark apocalyptic future with barely any hope of escape
>Grovyle sacrifices himself to save you
>>
>>343647945
>too childish OR too gritty
>too derivative OR too incomprehensible
>too different OR too similar

Jesus fucking Christ, why are vidya reviewers so fucking stupid? What exactly did they want the game to do, that they managed to rip it apart for all these things that are opposites and cannot all describe the same experience?
>>
File: 6090914_p0.jpg (762 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
6090914_p0.jpg
762 KB, 960x1280
>>343647115
>How?

Critics don't play video games, see Kirby Air Ride
>>
File: 1466347082441.jpg (19 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
1466347082441.jpg
19 KB, 168x168
>A pokémon roguelike with actual good story and difficulty
>Literally the game non-autist pokémon fans wanted

I just glanced through the reviews, the complaints from critics are either "it's too hard for a kids game" or "I don't get it", so they're literally trashing it for being hard and challenging.

Yet another reason critics should not be how you judge a game.
>>
>>343647945
>Be Bulbasaur
>Link sleep powder and leech seed
>Get quests in same location
>VIsit shop, Bring a few staple items from storage
>Mix Gummies, get lottery from items you don't need.
>deposit money
>Go to quest, mindlessly spam Giga drain and linked move, literally two buttons.Use orb if it gets dangerous.
>Get reward.

While the story was pretty freakin' good, the gameplay is so shallow that the only imput that's really required by the player is inventory management. It uses the much better mystery dungeon gameplay without the "roguelike" elements that gave it its charm and depth.

Still an ok game.
>>
File: 1454546006402.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1454546006402.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
>>343647945
>graphics too outdated

Besides the barren look of most dungeons, it looks better than the DS mainline pokeyman games
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.