[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have to tryhard in comp? I don't care about being top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot 2016-07-02 21.53.28.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-07-02 21.53.28.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
Do I have to tryhard in comp?
I don't care about being top 1337 platinum 1000, just wanna have fun, play some of my MANY favorite heroes, and get some of the exclusive rewards.
>>
>>343644802
If you want those exclusive rewards anytime soon, yes, you'll have to tryhard, considering it's 300 wins for a single golden gun.
>>
>>343645660
>300 wins for a single golden gun
fug
>>
>>343646958
Why even want them? They look terrible, especially on chars like D.Va where it's part of the suit. I'd try for unique skins or weapons but not for this.
>>
>>343644802
Go play quick play.

No seriously I don't want faggots like you fucking up my games because you just want to play your favorite hero and have fun.

Fun is winning and what gives you the right to mess up my fun just because you are a piece of shit Hanzo/Genji main? Get the fuck out of here, you cunt.
>>
>>343648139
Fuck but it's true. I love playing Pharah yet I'm always forced to pick Reinhardt because people don't believe in tanks, while there's always a fucking Hanzo doing jack shit with his spot. Retarded playerbase.
>>
>>343644802
you will not have fun playing comp with that attitude
>>
>>343644802
you need to tryhard but you don't need to be a faggot.

communicate often, work as a team, do what's best for the current situation
(including using heroes which aren't your favs if they are needed).

you can be competitive while not being a faggot. just cus you want to win doesn't mean you have shit on everyone in all chat and bitch about how competitive always matches you with shitty teams and going to /v/ right after you are done doing a wall of green text bitching. you can tell someone what they are doing is wrong without going to personal insults. you can play a hero you aren't the best at instead of flaming the other hanzo to switch.
>>
Competitive is worse than Quick Play at the moment. 50% fixed sucks but I'd rather take that over what I witnessed in comp.
>>
if you pick your hero early people usually accommodate. except if you get that one autismo who has to pick hanzo every game.
>>
>>343645660
Important question, do I want to place as good or as bad (= easier wins?) as possible in the placement matches?
>>
I like playing for fun, which is why I don't play competitive.
>>
>>343644802
IF YOU DONT WANT TO TRY TO WIN DONT FUCKING PLAY COMP
>>
>>343645660
>Its been 4 days
>I have 112 points

It isn't that hard.
>>
>>343648707
i feel zero reward when playing comp. the amount of games you have to win to level up is disproportionate to the amount of games you have to lose to level down. which is literally one. one game will take you down an entire level. fucking WHY.

shouldn't it be based solely on your individual stats? are they trying to incentivize team play?

i just don't understand. i'm not having fun.
>>
>>343648946
star has 2 guns almost has enough for another gold gun
>>
>>343648852
blizzard shouldn't have incentivized it :^)
>>
>>343648974

Indeed. I kinda stopped having fun in Quick Play too because it seems some people like getting their face kicked in while trying to play against counterpicks. I just dont get it.

>Level 7 Genji called me toxic

Good day. Dont know how the fuck I had a level 7 in my game.
>>
>>343644802

Do whatever the fuck you want. You'll just end up getting ranked with shitters.
>>
>Lower my rank on purpose
>Get matched with shitters
>Win every game
>Get 300 wins in a day

Whats stopping me from doing this?
>>
>>343649835
You cannot solo carry shitters.
>>
>>343649835
>Get 300 wins in a day
>Whats stopping me from doing this?

Passing out from exhaustion? The fact you could probably only fit 6-7 games tops into an hour?
>>
>>343650115
Remember, the other team will be shitters too.
>>
>>343648974
the only real problem with competitive is sudden death is very biased towards one side or the other.

they also really should have a separate solo que.

yes, your rank should be based on fucking wins though. individual stats mean nothing if you can't get wins with them.
>>
File: fun.png (59 KB, 674x81) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
59 KB, 674x81
>>343644802

>playing comp for """"""""""""""fun""""""""""""""

Just cue quick play, casual.
>>
File: 1467396179877.png (114 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1467396179877.png
114 KB, 816x816
>>343648139
Queue with your non-existent friends. I'll be playing every single comp game with Genji, all chats muted, until I get my shiny gold sword.
>>
>>343649835
because you're not the only one doing this, you'll get matched against some ultra pro widow on the enemy team carrying her own team, while you are stuck with 4 BR bufoons picking genji or symmetra on attack who never ever stand on the objective.

You'll win, but on average you'll be struggling just as much, also if you're actually good you'll probably just make the game last longer and longer and be stuck with said retards, since killing and standing on the objective by yourself isn't easy vs other 6 players, even if they're bellow average ults are retard proof and they will hurt you.
>>
>>343648137
They're lazy as fuck.I was disappointed.

That being said, I'll probably get McCree or Genji golden weaps
>>
>Leavers
>Utter incompetency
>No one uses mics
>Singles queue puts you against real teams
Don't even bother.
>>
>>343650417
>can't get wins

you mean the /team/ can't get wins.

i can't help that there are two genjis shitting up the field, or some faggot who keeps dying shouting "WE NEED A HEALER, UHH TANK PLS, SWITCH THIS, SWITCH THAT"

it's fucking horseshit. if they think that the individual player's skill honestly means nothing, then they should kill their servers.
>>
>>343651471
you're part of the team. if you consistently lose, you are partly responsible and in the long run deserve to be in whatever mmr you are placed at.

and key phrase is long run. you will have bullshit matches, but you are the only constant variable on your winrate and your mmr will properly reflect that.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 777x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 777x728
>tfw shelled out ten Ameribucks for 11 Loot Boxes when I was drunk

at least I got a legendary cash box. enough to get me sexy devil costume for mah healslut
>>
Turn off team voice chat and enjoy competitive mode much more.
>>
>>343650625
I almost always play with at least one friend for dat extra 20% xp. That being said it's hard to have a full group at all times, and just one shitter like you is enough to ruin a game.
>>
>>343650282
Not if they have the same idea as you.
Like every competitive player. Doing this to raise their rank from scratch instead of sitting in a ranking they can't surpass.
Shit happens in Mobas, Strategy games and FPS's constantly.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.