[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Assasins Creed game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
What is the best Assasins Creed game?
>>
Maybe IV is the least worse.
>>
Brotherhood
>>
>>343633916
General opinion I keep seeing is anything Brotherhood and before that. I haven't played in a while, so Idk.
>>
Brotherhood was the peak of the series.

All came tumbling down after that.
>>
>>343634012
welp I'm retarded I read too quickly :^) Brotherhood is my favorite, but people like AC2 a lot
>>
>>343633965
Fuck off, underage/ultracasual.
>>
I have yet to play a good one. Seriously what is the appeal.
>>
>>343633916
I liked them all except Black Flag, Unity, and Syndicate.
>>
>>343633916
2+Brotherhood, then Black Flags
I liked Syndicate a lot too
>>
2 is the last one I played. Great atmosphere, shitty combat. I shouldn't have been able to just assassin glove full-plate knights with halberds.

Also those puzzles and notions towards tesla and human history we're a fun addition I'd like to see more in game.
>>
>>343634114
I'm guessing you don't like history.
>>
>>343634157
>consider Black Flag to be even half as good as 2 and Brotherhood
>liked Syndicate
Kill yourself.
>>
I played all the way from 1 to 3 ages ago and then stopped playing. I started again a few days ago and played through 4 and am currently doing Unity. 2 is probably still my favourite, but it's been years.

I'm yet to understand what people hate about Unity so much though.
>>
>>343634324
>not enjoying pirate brotherhood 2013 w/ ruin puzzles or victorian london grappling simulator
>asking people to kill themselves over liking games
maybe you should reconsider your life choices anon.
>>
>>343634326
The story and it releasing in such shit condition. Also, the blatant microtransactions didn't help.

Oh, and
>not playing Rogue
>>
>>343634226
Maybe he likes history
>>
>>343634521
>muh pirates
>grappling simulator
Way to do my work for me, anon. Both are shit games
>>
>>343634574
It's still a mystery.
>>
>>343633916
they're all good

some have their flaws but I enjoyed them all

some are better than others, though. I'd say 2/Brotherhood, Black Flag, and Rogue are the better ones.

AC1 was the original and great for its time but I wouldn't recommend going back to it now.

II is in my opinion the best in the series because at the time it was dramatically better than the first. The games have always been improving mechanically but II was the biggest deal for the series

Brotherhood was the same as II but with improved mechanics and was great too

Revelations dove into some unnecessary mechanics that were kind of meh, but hey at least they were trying something new. The game itself was still solid

Assassin's Creed III had an amazing setting but Connor was kind of bland. New engine this time around so the mechanics changed significantly compared to previous titles. Added hunting, naval combat, and other things to do outside of the story. Overall I loved III except for the MC. It had a lot of ideas poured into it

Black Flag I didn't like at first because it changed so much that it didn't even feel like AC anymore. After I got over that I loved it for what it was, a fantastic pirate game. Since we have hardly any good pirate games at all this one really sticks out to me. Great game, one of the best even.

[1/2]
>>
>>343635550
Unity was a new engine with new ideas once again. The combat improved over the previous engine but the parkour took a step back. Still an enjoyable game nonetheless but one of the weaker titles. I avoided this one on release and waited for the bugs to get fixed.

Rogue was an interesting title as you get to see the other side and play as a Templar. It gives you a nice perspective and makes you realize that maybe the Templars aren't inherently "evil". It has lots of naval combat like Black Flag but takes place in freezing waters instead. Props for finally having Canada in an AC game, since the developers are Canadian.

I haven't played Syndicate yet.

Overall I love the franchise but I'm glad they're stepping away from the yearly cycle though. I'd prefer once every 3 years(or every 2 years with 2 separate dev teams) so they can pump out a huge game with tons of new ideas instead of burning out like they kind of are right now.

[2/2]
>>
>thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej9vgXRzeJA
>>
Whats with the sudden rise of Assassin's Creed threads is something good happening?
>>
>>343633916
Brotherhood obviously but I gotta admit all in all I find Unity to be among the best. Not even joking.
>>
>>343633916
1 was neat, but counter was overpowered
2 was great
Brotherhood was awesome due to the assassin-training, I can't remember anything about revelation
Black Flag was a great piracy game but a shit assassination game
I was too burnt out on linear wilderness pathways with convenient flora by rogue to give it a fair shot

Haven't played the later ones
>>
Brotherhood. Black Flag dags nees to get out, it is hardly an an Assassins Creed game
>>
God those dungeon exploration missions on brotherhood was so fucking good. I miss the game so fucking much.
>>
>>343633916
Any of these:
Ac 2
Brotherhood
Black flag.

I'd pick black flag because it's using modern tech, better visuals - most shit happens in jungle - and it's pirates themed.
>>
>>343636570
>it is hardly an an Assassins Creed game
which is why it's the best
>>
brotherhood is ez mode ac2.

black flag is the best, 2 is 2nd best
>>
>>343634076
AC2 is objectively worse than its sequels and does not even have side missions
>>
>>343636530
>counter
>overpowered
do you even hidden blade bro
>>
>>343633916
AC2, Brotherhood, AC4, and Syndicate was pretty good. Everything else is shit.
>>
I've only played Brotherhood and it's an intriguing story and all still though I'm not sure about the message it sent.
>everything is permitted
>we fight for good, let's destroy all this technology
>but let's use this Apple that makes people go blind with rage
>etc
Generally a bitter aftertaste.
>>
>>343635962
Maybe with the steam sale people want to know if the newer games are worth it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.