[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grim Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: GrimDawn.jpg (158 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
GrimDawn.jpg
158 KB, 460x215
Can we get a Grim Dawn thread in light of the sale we had yesterday?

http://grimcalc.com/build/Cw51klO

/v/, can you let me know what you think of this Witch Hunter build that focuses on high single target poison/acid damage?
I "think" it looks fine personally but I am worried about my lack of AoE. Only AoE I seem to have only activates 20% of the time....

Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice.
>>
Running occultist/demolitions. Any tips?
>>
>>343633289
Max your poison damage and abuse the shit out of shadow strike then finish mobs with your auto attack, Nightblade has no problem dealing with packs, your attack speed is high enough to proc the cleaves very often.
>>
File: 1436389819749.jpg (21 KB, 217x265) Image search: [Google]
1436389819749.jpg
21 KB, 217x265
>>343633289
>in light of the sale we had yesterday?
Oh, anon.
>>
Tangentially related question, anyone have tips for playing Elementalist (earth/storm) in TQ:IT? I'm only level 20ish, near the end of Act 1, I've dumped all my points into Intelligence and passive weapon buffs. Everything dies in 1 or 2 basic attacks but it's so fucking boring. I have Core Dweller as a distraction and Fire Orb but it does less damage than a basic attack. I'm thinking of respeccing and dumping a lot of points into Chain Lightning but I think I'd run out of mana in about 3 casts.
>>
>>343634961
>Sale is still on
Well fuck.

>>343634848
I think I've got just about every ability in the Occultist and Nightblade trees that deal with poison (unless I'm blind and missing something).

Still trying to get to grips with the devotion trees.
>>
>>343635431
I don't know how far you are in the game but there's a quest in the Pine Barrens that gives you an amazing sword with poison damage.
>>
>>343633289
> build that focuses on high single target poison/acid damage?
You gon get raped.
>>
>>343633289
I suggest dis devotion
>>
>>343636632
fug http://grimcalc.com/build/7YuPVUk
>>
>>343636719
Actually scrap the last point in the crab constellation and put it into the starting one for a chaos point, or you won't have enough for Abomination.
>>
>>343635693
I'm really really early on. As in I've only just come across The Old Dump.

>>343635953
If that's how it turns out, then so be it.

Oh and another few questions
First of all

See the build I linked in the OP? Would it be best if I focused on getting Whirling Death + Nidalla's Hidden Hand up and running asap or?

Also, are Components common enough that I can safely use them at this stage of the game without feeling I've wasted them?

I'm having no trouble at this stage of the game btw, but I just want to make sure I'm building right for when things ramp up in difficulty.

>>343636632
>>343636719
>>343636981
Thanks anon, looks good to me
>>
poison damage kind of sucks against undead, and considering places like steps of torment I don't see this being an amazing build by ultimate

also your tree is kind of all over the place, you have a lot of cold and bleed damage you could focus on one of those to accentuate your acid burst and poison dot damage or some shit
>>
File: 1467319548591.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467319548591.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
>Tfw titans quest 1.5 is better than diablo 3
>>
>>343637202
He doesn't have "a lot of cold and bleed damage", they're just procs from the dual wield line and are always worth taking even if only one point because they never overlap each other even when they're all maxed, each one is a dps gain and there are enough "+1 all Nightblade skills" items to max them all without spending more than one point in each.
>>
>>343637202
>also your tree is kind of all over the place
Really? Hmm, I thought I went for a pretty straightforward build to be honest, but I am new to this shit so I'm probably wrong.
I focused on going for all of skills that would enhance poison/acid damage as far as melee is concerned.
Only thing I can think of that doesn't have anything to do with the poison is Blade Barrier and Whirling Death, but I think it would be beneficial to have both of them, the former for when I'm in deep shit, and the latter for at least some form of AoE.
>>
When does this game get good? Whenever I come back to it, I always play 2-3 hours then get bored and uninstall it
>>
>>343638364
yep, there is a wall of unfun that you must climb, when you reach the town and enter the prision dungeon before the first boss is when shit gets interesting. but if you dont like arpg, better dont bother with this one
>>
>>343638523
Which prison?
>>
>>343638175
https://grimcalc.com/build/9tIgaK
>>
is occultist/demo any good? REEEEEEEE
>>
File: there.png (973 KB, 534x964) Image search: [Google]
there.png
973 KB, 534x964
>>343638736
>>
File: Trip South.png (2 MB, 324x2429) Image search: [Google]
Trip South.png
2 MB, 324x2429
>>
>>343638969
Yes, Fire/Chaos damage items are literally everywhere, you'll be pretty squishy though so don't forget to balance offense/defense on your gear and devotions.
>>
>>343637202
>poison damage kind of sucks against undead
As it should.

I don't get why it even deals any damage to undead while bleeding doesn't.
>>
>>343633289
Your build is pretty much fine. With item/devotion procs + the 2h attacks from nightblade it's generally enough to kill trash while you're focusing on larger enemies.

I did something similar with the first character I took to 85. I did pretty much the same thing but I avoided putting all 50 points into nightblade because I didn't really see execution being worth that heavy investment. That freed up some points to max out other skills.

http://grimcalc.com/build/P4UMLIc

This is what I did. For what it's worth my build also revolves around retaliation damage and a shit ton of sustain so I can stay in the middle of a mob of enemies without dying since Witch Hunter doesn't get the free tankiness that something with a soldier mastery does.

>>343638969
Occultist/demo is a great candidate for dual pistols since there are 2 legendaries endgame that are practically perfect for that combo.
>>
>>343638175
Also, make sure to get a Mark of Dreeg on your weapon asap.
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_of_Dreeg
>>
>>343638523
I love arpgs, but something just felt off with this one. I'll give it another shot and get to the areas you mention and see if I still feel the same.
>>
>>343633289
R8 my build of
>holding right click till everythings dead
http://grimcalc.com/build/5xUSq4Y
>>
File: 12453453453434534.jpg (68 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
12453453453434534.jpg
68 KB, 500x552
Thanks for all of the advice nigga's.
I have one more critical question to ask...
What fucking attributes do I level up and with what type of ratio (aka Physique 2, Cunning 1 rinse repeat)

But that begs the question, does Poison / Acid even benefit from Cunning? Do I perhaps need Physique and Spirit?

The attribute distribution is annoying as fuck, I just can't understand which is most important.
>>
>>343640468
As a rule of thumb physique is almost always the most important for every class. Casters could benefit from a little bit of spirit, but on a melee character I'd almost exclusively put points into physique to help not die.
>>
>>343640468
You can read up here http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics.
But most of your + poison / acid dmg will come from skills, devotions, items, components etc.
Mostly use attribtues to be able to use the gear you want, so just save them and use them when you get a blue with great stats that you wantto use.
>>
>>343640468
The rule of thumb is, enough Cunning/Spirit to use the gear you want then everything else into Physique.
If you don't know what you need, then put everything into Physique and keep 5-10 points unspent in case you find gear you want to equip asap.
>>
has there been any major changes to the game since its release in february, like new quests, build viability for ultimate, good mods etc
>>
>>343641825
new free dlc area got released and there's been tons of balance changes
>>
>>343641996
pretty neat, when can i access the new area? might as well make a new character for this
>>
>>343642203
i've not actually gotten to see the new DLC area yet, I just know it exists
>>
>>343640907
Oshet, nigguh
So I dun goofed putting 100% points into Spirit?
we'll see
Then again I'm running a modded Coronus/Necromancer for max summons so who even cares about Physique.
>>
>>343641996
>>343642203
It's not really 1 area so much as it is 3 hidden paths you can find in various places, with a decently sized dungeon and boss at the very end of it all.

It's worth doing on each difficulty since you get 1 attribute and skill point from doing it, and there's also a hidden boss in one of the paths that is ridiculously hard (for melee characters at least) but can potentially drop a legendary on higher difficulties that's great for poison/acid builds.

The first hidden path is somewhere along the east side of Lower Crossing, I forget where exactly.

>>343642794
I suppose a pet build is probably the one exception to that since your stats don't matter as much as the stats your pets have. You just have to avoid being hit by the stronger enemies is all.
>>
File: daily dail.png (1 MB, 1005x586) Image search: [Google]
daily dail.png
1 MB, 1005x586
>tfw dail
Absolute madness and fun
>>
>>343643307
thats a lot of masteries
>>
>>343643307
The fuck is this? Mods?
>>
>>343644093
Yeah. Some are WIP.
>>343644204
It's the DAIL modpack, updated almost daily. It brings together many mods + the modpack author's changes. It's pretty dope.
Some masteries are from Titan Quest, also.
>>
>>343639010
By far my favorite story in the game. I love how you witness them slowly going mad.
>>
File: 20160703171510_1.jpg (858 KB, 2560x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160703171510_1.jpg
858 KB, 2560x1080
The game has already ramped up in difficulty. These uniques are already nasty as fuck. Still no deaths or anything yet though.

From this build I've posted here http://grimcalc.com/build/Cw51klO I'm currently up to pic related in terms of skill tree progression.
Guys, what should I focus on maxing out first to give me a better time against the growing difficulty?
Nidalla's Hidden Hand perhaps?
I'm not sure tbqhwy.
>>
>>343633289
>>343635431

What sale? The Steam sale, or somewhere else?
>>
What's the best way to handle stat boosts you get from leveling up? Dump all into your primary stat or split evenly between primary stat and vitality?

I ended up soldier/arcanist and seem to be developing into a decent battlemage. No idea what to do with my stats.

I worry to be effective later on you need to really have a deep understanding of the skill trees or just use guides. Playing blind and figuring your build out as you go seems like it could easily gimp you
>>
>>343646327
General consensus seems to be physique is the primary attribute you want to be having most of your points dumped into. 2:1, maybe even 3:1 with whatever your secondary main attribute is.
>>
>>343646056
Nidalla's hidden hand + Nidalla's justifiable ends. The DoT on NJE is absurd once you have some points into it and decent poison damage.

I'd recommend some points in Belgothian's shears and Amarasta's quick cut too so you can take full advantage of NHH. That also ultimately lowers the chance you only attack with 1 hand when you're hitting things I think.
>>
>>343647886
It does, there's no reason not to have at least one point in each of them, the procs don't overlap.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.