[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing this for the first time after hearing nothing but good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Witcher_3_cover_art[1].jpg (57 KB, 292x414) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art[1].jpg
57 KB, 292x414
Playing this for the first time after hearing nothing but good things and I'm completely blown away.
After the disappointment that was MGSV this is absolutely incredible.

How can most AAA developers now not manage to release a game that has anywhere near this level of care and detail?
>>
When will the GOTY version come out? I was too much of a jew to get it and the season pass for $50.
>>
It sucks Marcin. Stop making Witcher threads you Polack fuck.
>>
>>343626271
>>
>>343626452
>>343626561
I dont get it. Its a serious question. How can games like MGSV and Fallout 4 be acceptable and get endless 10/10 reviews when this game completely shows them up?
>>
>>343626561
*tip*

You know he isn't spewing bullshit, you're just too dumb and bitter to enjoy it for yourself
>>
Tell me about this game. I really didn't enjoy skyrim at all, but I liked Fallout 3.
>>
>>343627006
Its what an open world should be. All the open areas are realistic fields and forests and swamps with genuinely interesting events happening as you go around.
The villages and towns feel like real locations with people actually working and having conversations, not just walking or standing around. Its probably the best example of a world thats ever been put across in a game.

>inb4 1 kikebuck put into my account

Anyone whos played it will agree with me
>>
I'm playing through Heart of Stone, but I keep falling asleep. When does it get good? /v/ said it's 10/10.
>>
>>343626271
It really is astonishing until midway through the game

Then you starting to realize that the game is limited to 3 scenarious gameplay-wise and it's only worth playing for the story
>>
>>343626703
The answer is that the publishers who control those games are in videogames primarily to make money; not to make games like CDPR is.

When your goal is simply to sell as many copies as possible for the bare minimum of effort then you end up with shit like FO3-4 and MGSV. Endless call of duty rehashes. Etc.

When your goal is primarily to make a great videogame and sales are secondary then you end up with games like TW3. It helps that CDPR self publishes so they don't have any merchant shareholders breathing down their necks and can actually say things like "we'll release it when it's finished."

Oh and expressing and positive opinion on TW3 will get you called a shill because contrarianism is cool.
>>
>>343627243
>with genuinely interesting events happening as you go around.
We both know this is complete bullshit.
Bandit camp #2452 starts to get boring in the first area.
>>
>>343627403
I'd say it begins its ascent during the part where you go to the party type deal with shani.
>>
>>343627908
Cool, that's exactly my current mission.
>>
>>343626703
Both these games have good gameplay as opposed to TW3
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.