[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Path of Exile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1454392532196.png (54 KB, 555x587) Image search: [Google]
1454392532196.png
54 KB, 555x587
Seen plenty of people praise POE as "ze best" Diablo-like. Don't really care on the subject, but have a few questions and general thread is no more.
How hard it is to fuck up your character? (How limiting last/later difficulties are for builds?)
How hard it is to respec?
How hard it is to play self-found? (not against trading, but don't wish to spam chat hoping for trade or however it works)
Played Torchlight 2 (gave up after single difficulty playthrough), Grim Dawn (on my second character after finishing all difficulties with one).
Also, am playing only softcore.
>>
File: 9e9.jpg (128 KB, 605x695) Image search: [Google]
9e9.jpg
128 KB, 605x695
Bump
>>
File: 1454179944322.jpg (19 KB, 366x274) Image search: [Google]
1454179944322.jpg
19 KB, 366x274
Bump [2/5]
>>
>>343626428
>>343627319

i don't think, you can bump your own thread anymore
so imma bump it for you, even though i can't really help you

i liked PoE a lot, though i never played it so intensly as to care about perfect builds or respec points
also played it mostly alone. did minimal trading and got on well
>>
I can't get into PoE

>herp derp all the powers I have come from magical crystals that I have stashed all over my body and into my sword and shield!
>they let me do things like shoot molten rocks in an AoE pattern when I swing my weapon!

The lore is whack, the spells are janky and the classes/perk system isn't that refined.
>>
>>343624781
>How hard it is to fuck up your character?
Easy
>(How limiting last/later difficulties are for builds?)
There are plenty of viable builds.
>How hard it is to respec?
You get a few points that you can respec for free.
If you need to respec fully you'd be better off creating a new character most of the time.

>Also, am playing only softcore.
>(How limiting last/later difficulties are for builds?)
Not limiting at all
>>
File: 1466203300319.png (16 KB, 84x120) Image search: [Google]
1466203300319.png
16 KB, 84x120
>>343624781
It's possible. But you should be ok on your seconthird playthrough.
It's very expensive. You get like 20 free refund points from quests and you can gain more from special currency(orb of regret). Sometimes they give you full passive reset, usually after a huge update.
>How hard it is to play self-found?
I do that all the time, feel pretty good. Didn't managed to reach merciless after they introduced act 4 tho.
>>
>>343627428
How far did you get?
>>
>>343624781
>Also, am playing only softcore.
why
>>
File: 379ch.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
379ch.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>see people dicksuck poe
>literally spam 1 spell

how do autist lords put thousands of hours into this
>>
>>343627716
i think level 40somethings with templer, archer and duelist.
though i didn't hit a difficulty wall or anything, i just kinda lost interest and stopped playing

i never got to the actual endgame content which is that whole maps-system
>>
>>343627659
Wellll, even if it's softcore, death is still a seal of shame. Especially if it's something like killing boss by dying repeatedly and going back to wounded boss.
Other than that, I prefer softcore since I usually don't play those games over and over, and on first playthroughs you don't really have game experience for hardcore playthrough.
>>
>>343624781
your first character will almost be guaranteed to be shit

Depends. If you play a generic build then you can just swap out skill. Due to the addition of gem merchants you can easily swap abilities until like 50ish. However, you cant just go from melee to caster (assuming you didnt invest into neutral nodes like All CRIT or All ELEMENTAL DMG). Will cost you a lot to respect.

>How hard it is to play self-found?
Way harder because the game is designed around trading. All drop rates are balanced around it and since fun builds require certain items you are somewhat forced to buy them unless you want to farm for week in hopes of having one drop.

That being said. PoE is a really overwhelming game when played for the first time. You wont understand anything and need ages to understand the building/item/mechanic bases. 90% of a build is sitting in excel trying to calculate possible DPS, max resistance regen or whatever or being autistic about maximizing skill point usage in the tree.
>>
>>343628167
That sounds POSSIBLY interesting, since for some games I spend more time planning character than actually playing the game.
>>
>>343627532
Same for me. I loved D1 and thought D2 wasn't as good but still good, didn't bother playing D3 because of the cash shop.

I played PoE for a bit, and made a bow templar or something that was unplayable in the next recent patch. After that I realized the gameplay isn't really anything amazing, and I spent more time dealing with the passive tree.
>>
>>343628273
Thats not going to be the case with PoE, thats much I can tell you. Building the character and seeing if your build actually works is the most fun part, though. There are some really interesting things that you can do as soon as you have a good understanding of the mechanics.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.