[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
started playing Arx Fatalis some days ago, but i seem to not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Arx_Fatalis_cover.png (165 KB, 280x355) Image search: [Google]
Arx_Fatalis_cover.png
165 KB, 280x355
started playing Arx Fatalis some days ago, but i seem to not understand how damage in close combat works, i upgraded my close combat skills and my strength, but still i do far more damage with my bare fists, than with any weapon, anyone know what the problem is?
>>
Maybe you're using a crappy weapon like a rusty sword or something
>>
>>343623682
Nope. I don't play RPG's for the combat. In AF I opted to simply have a full stack of precast fireballs instead. Try making sure your weapon is in good condition (they degrade over time) and that your stats are good, I guess. You could also opt for poisons.
>>
>>343623682
You need better sword. You will get them shortly. You need to also put more points to combat skill. After a few level ups, you will fuck shit up. The small goblins die in one swing.
>>
I've always wanted to play this game, but I've heard that half the fun comes from the unique magic system.
I've given it two thorough tries, but after spending shours failing to cast basic spells 9 out of 10 times I've sort of given up. Is the melee combat system decent?
I want to give it another try.
>>
>>343626630
>after spending shours failing to cast basic spells
Just precast them out of combat, it's much easier if you don't have an enemy bashing your face in at the same time.
>>
>>343626630
It's alright, but nothing amazing. Fighting Ylsides in pure melee is pretty hard imo though, because they cast the speedup spell as soon as they enter combat and become impossible to pin down.
>>
>>343626630
>shours failing to cast basic spells 9 out of 10 times
How?
>>
>>343626630
What was the big deal about them? It was as easy as Aam-Yok-Tar, sometimes even as easy as Spacium-Communicatum!
>>
>>343626889
>>343627020
Draw a straight line with a tiny upwards 'hook' at the end?
failed failed failed failed
The spell recognition is simply awful, maybe I was doing something wrong, but it got too tedious for comfort.
>>
>>343627182
>The spell recognition is simply awful
It's simply not, you have fucked up hands
>>
>>343627182
Stay still while casting it.
Draw with a steady hand.
Try drawing at different scales.

It's not easy, but not that hard either.
>>
>>343626630
>>343626889
>>343627182
That's a bug caused by playing the game on new systems.
There should be some way to fix it, but I haven't played it in ages, so you're on your own.
>>
>>343623682
>>343627420

Do you play ArxLibertatis? http://arx-libertatis.org/

I recommend this highly, read up on their page what it does. It's mainly a workaround for all the "new-system-bugs"
>>
>>343623682

The problem is you are using weapons for close combat when you are supposed to be using fireballs, which one hit kill every single enemy in the game besides two bosses.
>>
>>343627498
Going to reinstall and try this, wish me luck.
>>
>>343623682
at the beggining in the cell

pick up a bone
use it with the first chair you see behind a table
use it like 20 times with it
>>
>>343627754
This is going to be good. Also the spellcasting is actually working again.
>>
>>343627819
What does that do?
>>
>>343628005
It's a cheat. I remember it gives you a lot of the game's strongest weapons etc. Just don't.
>>
>>343628005

Gives you all the best equipment and a means of getting tons of free EXP.
>>
>>343628130
>>343628105
just gives you a chicken
2 trash bins
some sort of unusable soda bottle
and some sc rools
>>
>>343627498
>1.1.2 was 3 years ago
>hud scale feature still not implemented
>>
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuman!
>>
>>343628305
We are talking about a game which has been released in 2002. I don't see any problems with arx libertatis being 3 years old it self. I completely replayed Arx in libertatis and can't remember any problems with it.

I don't know if I fixed the hud scaling otherwise or If I lived with it. But I remember it was playable even better than back in the days.
>>
>>343627998
>>343627498
Thanks for the tip, this worked wonderfully.
Not very far, still in the tutorial dungeon but I haven't failed a single draw yet.
>>
File: 1457836303844.jpg (320 KB, 785x620) Image search: [Google]
1457836303844.jpg
320 KB, 785x620
>swing your sword at a goblin
>cut him in half
>>
STOOPID HUMEN!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.