[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game replayable? Or do replays just result in you doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: p1_2071131_bc3554bd.png (474 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
p1_2071131_bc3554bd.png
474 KB, 620x349
Is this game replayable? Or do replays just result in you doing the exact same strategy over and over?

Something like Risk of Rain/binding of issac or wahtever is quite replayable to me, since everything changes on every new run, even though the basic idea is the same, but Factorio seems like the sort of game where, once you have a strategy for something/an optimised building structure, that's literally all you need to use forever.

Help me /v/, reviews don't talk about this.
>>
From my limited experience with the game, it seems like most of the time it's the resource placement that changes. Chances are, you're just gonna be building a hub where you bring all the stuff in to make whatever you need.

Also this game lacks some kind of planning feature, but you can mod it in.

I think it's a cool game, specially with coop.
>>
what are some good mods that add interesting systems to the game (without overloading it)
ty friends
>>
>>343617580
Well each time the map is different, so you'll have to place your buildings differently.
And you can always improve your industry process.
Other than that, yeah it's pretty much the same every time.
>>
I built my first rocket in 31 hours, but my oil production and science production was a mess.

I learned a lot from my first factory, so when I play again I know how to make it not suck as much. It's different in that regard.

I'm waiting until it's out of early access for that, though. Took 47 hours for me to "beat" all of the content.
>>
>>343617580
You'll be constantly improving your designs. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>343617580
My experience is that it's not replayable. However, I got a good 60 hours of play, and found it extremely engrossing.

If you like the industrial theme, like logistics, like solving problems, it's a must-have.
>>
>>343617580
once you find the perfect setup you are done with the game
a few play troughs though
the planned content looks cool
>>
As stated by the others, you will improve your designs indeed, but basically you are always given the same tools. The game does not change (apart from ressource placement), but you will.

I just wanted to point out that the comparison to Risk of Rain/binding of issac does not really hold. Factorio is not a roguelite by any mean, playthroughs last much, much longer, and there are no permadeaths.
>>
>>343619270
I get that it's not a rougelike. I was just giving an example of something I would consider replayable.

Judging by what people have said though, it's not really what I'm looking for.
>>
>>343617580
base game is 40-ish hours to end - mods can extend to 80 a playthrough.

The game pans out the same usually, but setting yourself goals can draw it out (building huge rail networks, automating overproduction of something complicated, logistic chest/robot networking, circuit networking, etc...)
>>
>>343617580
It's kinda replayable.

You'll always be figuring out more efficient ways of doing stuff.

There's always mods too to spice things up

It's a good game regardless.
>>
>>343617580

Play vanilla first, then replay with mods
>>
>>343619587
this
>>
It ain't exactly replayable. The first playtrough is going to blow your fucking mind with all the stuff that you need to research and build. Also you'll become Lord of Spaghetti.
By the time you finish the game/get bored by the save, you'll already know what's down the road and so you'll end up trying to optimize and build a sensible base from the start... which'll lead to a new whole set of ramping and optimisation problems.
And you'll repeat this cycle of optimisation through your replays.
I'd still say it's worth it, the sheer autistic joy of doing shit rightâ„¢ with max efficiency and minimum waste is grand.

Also, resource placement is only relevant in the early early game, after that, mining somewhere and sending somewhere else to process is trivial
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.