[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good game? Worth $4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: killerisdead.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
killerisdead.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
Is this a good game? Worth $4?
>>
File: Suda tier list.jpg (1 MB, 1643x6500) Image search: [Google]
Suda tier list.jpg
1 MB, 1643x6500
Pretty weak suda entry desu. For 4 bucks I suppose its alright.
>>
>>343616374
>is this a good game?
eh
>worth $4?
yes
>>
It's okay. Pretty mindless action, but still probably the best combat of Suda51 games to date. Story and characters are okay, but not quite as absurd as they really needed to be. Boss designs are cool, even if the fights are just okay.

The fucking QTEs in the David fights are criminal though. I'm not sure if I was doing it wrong, but it's probably the closest I've come to getting RSI from any given game.
>>
>>343616543
what's that beside KiD on the meh tier?
>>
I guess for $4, but honestly it's not very good.

The gameplay is as bland as could be.
>>
>>343616735
Liberation maiden for the 3ds. It's kinda fun but its over in like 40 minutes and its missing a bit of the suda charm.
>>
>>343616543
>LC above KiD
Explain. KiD had far better combat. The only thing LC has going for it is the characters, for everything else you might as well play fucking Oneechanbara. At least Z2 has better combat.
>>
>>343616374

Worth 4 bucks but makes absolutely no sense and some levels are really boring but it's a nice experience, I played the dating sections for an achievement and still have no clue how they work.
>>
>>343616543
Samurai Champloo is definitely shit.
>>
>>343616374
It's fun yes
>>
>>343616951
Lollipop chainsaw had better bossfights, music, characters and atmosphere, which are what I think grasshopper games really excel at.

Both games had pretty generic combat, but lollipop chainsaw had more interesting scenarios IMO. Probably not a popular opinion though.

>>343616951
>might as well play fucking Oneechanbara
Doesn't have the music, writing, boss fight or characters that make LC great
>>
Fuck yeah it is.
It's like Revengence but not as fun and the story is awful
But it's fun.
>>
>>343616543
>Killer7 not in Suda's Gift to Man tier
Aside from that, this seems about right.
How is Silver Case anyway? When the fuck is the english release happening?
>>
>>343616374
Is it weebshit?
>>
>>343616543
2 > 1

I dont' care about the story being better. I play games for gameplay. it's tarantino tier shit anyway.
>>
>>343617205
>How is Silver Case anyway?
A lot more fun than suda's other adventure games. I might've placed it just a smidgen too high back when I made that picture, but I'd definitely say its worth a playthrough if you can read runes.

>When the fuck is the english release happening
Never as far as I know. I think an english version was planned for the DS but cancelled.
>>
>>343616543
>Shadows of the Damned
>Great tier

It's a below average 3rd person shooter with the only thing of note being the non-stop unfunny dick jokes. It has been completely disowned by both Suda51 and Shinji Mikami. It's a bad game.
>>
>>343617086
>Music
Okay, fair point. I completely forgot they got the MSI frontman to help with the music, that was really good.
>bossfights
Eh. The zombie bosses were kind of creative in personality, but I just thought the KiD ones were more varied and neat. Yakuza-Tiger, Thomas the Tankengine, cheesy B-Movie giant alien, etc. They were amazing fights, but still.
>characters
Agreed
>atmosphere
Again, eh. Zombies in highschool even as a laugh didn't really do it for me, even the more outlandish stuff like zombie vikings. KiD kind of suffered from generic sci-fi facilities, but at least there were mansions on the moon, a Dracula castle and the warped Alice in Wonderland house.
Plus the cell-shaded effect made it look really stylish, especially during the combat.

I'd call it a wash overall, but to each their own.
>>
>>343617345
>I play games for gameplay
The gameplay is a bit meh on all grasshopper games though.

Anyway I actually think the bossfights in 1 are better in general than 2. And I might be the only person on earth who enjoys the jobs in 1 better than the ones in 2.
>>
>>343617423
It is happening.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-06-suda-51s-first-game-the-silver-case-is-getting-a-western-remake
Haven't heard anything about a release since that news though.
>>
>>343617505
>Yakuza-Tiger, Thomas the Tankengine, cheesy B-Movie giant alien
Those are literally the only 3 bosses I remember from that game and the only one I really enjoyed was the yakuza guy. I guess the problem for me is that killer is dead feels pretty close to no more heroes which has much better fights, whereas LC feels more like its own thing so it doesn't suffer from the comparison.
>>
>>343616543
>NMH
>That high

kys
>>
>>343617630
Well there was also Monster Alice, Not-Dracula, and David himself who was a great rival fight, especially the final boss fight. That New World Symphony, man.
Whereas the only bosses from LC I can clearly remember are Elvis and the vikings, if I'm honest. The bosses from NMH are more memorable I'll admit, but they're all mechanically worse than the KiD ones. I didn't really find KiD that similar to NMH either really, it thematically felt much closer to K7 whilst having radically different gameplay, so it didn't strike me as particularly suffering from its own identity.
>>
>>343617562
Thats good news, I'm looking forward to having people to talk to about it.
>>
>play NMH: Heroes' Paradise on PS3
>port is butchered, open world is literally the worst thing in existence
I still enjoyed it though, enough to play it a second time but good lord that framerate
>>
>>343618221
The sandbox wasn't very good in the origional.

I don't like the weird plasticky look of the PS3 version though.
>>
loved it, I'm a huge fan of "spectacle action" so it was a pretty big dissapointment. But god damn did it look and feel pretty good.

Probably the most stylish game I've played yet.
>>
>>343618332
Oh, I guess it's all right, I got accustomed to it. I bought the game on a whim, basically thinking it wa sreally rare and didn't think much about it.
I like it, but I think Wii owners really overrated how good the game was when it came out. And I had a Wii when this came out and still didn't think much about it.
>>
>>343616374
bretty gud dude I still think its fun
>>
>>343616374

It's not a particularly deep character action game, but you could do a hell of a lot worse for $4.
>>
>>343618221
>Not playing the original blur version on wii
Wii controls were actually decent for it too
>>
I guess I'm the only one that loves Killer Is Dead. Everything about that game was awesome. The only problem it had was it wasn't longer.
>>
>>343619012
>Everything about that game was awesome.

The story is so bad it was removed from the game. Seriously.
>>
>>343618689
It's probably not so much a "wii" thing, more a suda fan thing. Either you like his games or you don't - they're pretty divisive. I enjoyed the wii version of nmh more because I felt like the waggle controls actually worked better than the ps3 controls.

I definitely think your statement applies really well to Madworld though. Everyone hyped the shit out of that game because it was the only game on the wii not aimed at children. In the end it was one of Platinum's weaker titles.
>>
>>343616543
Is there a way to emulate NMH without a wiimote?
>>
>>343616374
The visuals alone are worth more than $4. Downsample it a little and it looks amazing
>>
>>343619210
Play on a ps3 or xbox.

I think no more heroes 2 has the option to play with the pro controller so you could emulate that.
>>
Completed the Steam version of it. It's awesome, but you have to mess with the ini files to get it to run properly.
>>
File: Lily Bergamo.jpg (82 KB, 525x600) Image search: [Google]
Lily Bergamo.jpg
82 KB, 525x600
>>343616543
I played Let It Die at E3.
and while was dissapointed (still am)that Lily Bergamo died for it. I can say its a fun game thats probably going to get alot of praise, the game starts slow with you only killing some zombies, but after some time, shit turns like Dark Souls fighting giant mutants. it lacks that feel of Suda51 games, but its not a bad game per se
>>
It was short but fun. And to all the people who say the story doesn't make sense, it absolutely does but you have to play the other suda games to understand it. Just google Kill The Past. KiD is actually a part of a bigger series, together with Killer7 and othe4 suda games.
>tfw hoping to see Suda at Gamescom and acting like a little fangirl
>>
File: wow (3).jpg (16 KB, 150x180) Image search: [Google]
wow (3).jpg
16 KB, 150x180
>>343616374
$4 dollars

$4 FUCKING DOLLARS

PEOPLE STRUGGLING TO SPEND $4 FUCKING DOLLAROOOOOSSSSS
>>
>>343616543
>Lollipop Chainsaw came and went with no real buzz outside of people talking about sexism and shit
What a crime, it was a great game. Godly soundtrack too, even by Suda standards.
>>
>>343619745
Huh, I thought it was supposed to be multiplayer exclusive?

Anyway, yeah, would have much preferred Lily Bergamo.
>>
>>343619325
Wait, explain further, please.
>>
>>343619861
Would you buy Ride to Hell for $4?
I'll answer for you
>No
I thought so
>>
>>343621015
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Killer_Is_Dead
>>
>>343619861
>buy shit game just because it's doesn't cost much

not very good reasoning to buy something
>>
>>343621164
Alright, thanks man.
>>
>>343616543
Killer 7 is a far better game than NMH and NMH is a Suda's second best game. All his adventure games should come after that, then KiD, then we can just forget he made anything else.
>>
>>343621257
why play it at all then?
>>
>>343619861
What is her name?
>>
Opinions seem pretty mixed. I guess I'll give it a shot.

>>343619861
I'm OP. I spent around $70-80 in the sale so far. $4 isn't a struggle. I was just wondering what /v/ thought and if it was worth buying.
>>
>>343616374
since this is a suda threa, anyway to get all the pre order costumes for lollipop chainsaw like the ash costume? I do not care if I have to import
>>
>>343616543

LC has one of the worst balancing I have ever seen
playing the game on anything above normal was the most painful thing ever.
That stage where you have to defend an explosive birthday cake was absolutely rage inducing.
Enemies take forever to die, Juliet's startup for high attacks feel like it takes an eternity.
Certain combos are just broken, XX[ ] will just destroy most things, hold [ ] than a single high attack will kill even the miniboss dudes in one hit for eg.
the pom poms are almost completely worthless.
It's easy to get stunlocked.
locking unlockable costumes behind platinum coins currency you can only get from sparkle kills, IE kill multiple zombies at once is annoying

good soundtrack though
>>
>>343616543
Sime Mora is cool as fuck.
>>
>Is this a good game?
Eh, I found it kind of mediocre. Had some cool ideas but gameplay itself was kind of bland.
>Worth $4?
Yeah, sure
>>
>>343616374
I really liked it
>>
>>343622115
I just said that I haven't played it, not that its bad.
>>
I would love killer is dead if there was some combos to it instead of just square, or at least different swords with different fighting/swing styles like nmh's beam katannas.

I do hope they port shadows of the damned someday though.
>>
>>343623581
And i said that it's cool as fuck.
Usually it has low price range, around 2€/$
>>
locked at 30fps
if you don't mind its fine i guess
>>
>>343624020

You can unlock the frame rate, though you gotta mess with getting the button mash sections to work right in the .ini files.
>>
I get what they're trying to go for but the thing they do with the lighting and shadows just doesn't work. everything ends up ugly to look at.
>>
>>343616543
>NMH in its own tier
>SotD and LC in "great" tier
>Let it Die the lowest despite not being released yet and having only basic gameplay footage of probably the first level shown
wew
>>
It's like a portfolio of everything suda had done up till then, but by the end it doesn't quite come together as well as it should. Probably the most polished of his games though

There are some interesting implications of the story if you want to dive way too deep into it

>>343619745
It seems neat but I don't like the whole f2p elements
>>
>>343616374
$4? Absofuckinglutely. I had a blast with it.
>>
>>343624020
I play it at 96 fps actually.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.