[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ says a game is good >it is utter shit What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9
File: [tpping_intensifies].gif (2 MB, 830x712) Image search: [Google]
[tpping_intensifies].gif
2 MB, 830x712
>/v/ says a game is good
>it is utter shit

What's her name?
>>
>>343612496

Vanquish, the most repetitive game I've ever played, play the first 10 minutes and you've experienced everything the game has to offer.

In fact, almost everything I've played by Kamiya excluding DMC fits this.

I will never understand his appeal. All his games find 1 gameplay gimmick and then make that the entire core of the game, then stretch it out to 5 hours long and sell it full priced.
>>
Vanquish
>>
Ghost Trick
Mother 3
The Metal Gear series
Kirby: Planet Robobot
>>
>>343612792
>>343612824
vanquishmind
>>
>>343612792
>>343612824
What games don't have gimmicks?
>>
>>343612496
Mass effect 1
>>
>>343612496
Drakengard 1

Nier is a decent game though
>>
EYE Divine Cybermancy

>it's obtuse so it's good
>>
Your favourite game.
>>
>>343612885

There's a line between having a gimmick and basing your entire game around a single, shallow gimmick that gets old in 5 minutes.
>>
Crackdown and Assassin's Creed. /v/ didn't tell me those games were good but god dam are those games awful.
>>
>>343612496
Dark Souls
>>
>>343612931
There is literally NOTHING wrong with Yoshi's Island.
>>
File: 1463294062813.png (54 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
1463294062813.png
54 KB, 328x396
YS
>>
Undertale
>>
>>343612496
Morrowind.
>>
>>343612792
>>343612824
DELET
>>
>>343612496
bayonetta
>>
>>343612792
>>343612824
BLOCKED
>>
>>343612496
Undertale
>>
>>343612496
Pokermon, Persona, and Monster Hunter. They should be my kind of thing, but goddamn they're the most boring things I ever tried to push myself through.
>>
Xenoblade. I don't know how anyone can stomach that "combat" system.
>>
>>343612496
The Witcher 3
>>
Xenogears
>>
OlliOlli
>>
File: 1466846965020.jpg (39 KB, 408x374) Image search: [Google]
1466846965020.jpg
39 KB, 408x374
>>343613007
>>
Metal Gear Rising
>>
Shovel Knight and Shantae. Everyone holds them up as the pinnacle of indie gaming or whatever but honesty, they're just solid 7/10s. Not bad, but not THAT good either. Certainly not as good as all the hype.

By the way, everyone says Shovel Knight looks great but it's literally original Castlevania tier graphics. So why all the praise for the graphics?
>>
>>343612496
#FE
>>
File: fun police.png (143 KB, 287x252) Image search: [Google]
fun police.png
143 KB, 287x252
>>343612496
Skyward sword.

There's no redeeming quality to this games actual gameplay. I cant even see the waifufags defending this game because the ingame Zelda model is garbage, I don't see what people see in her aside from the fanart, which is great. The combat is lazy "Cut here" designs, the puzzles are intrusive, the world design is lazy and reuses areas, the dungeons blow, the Wiimotion+ is garbage, the imprisoned fights go from "wow this might be cool" to complete gimmick crap. Flying is never really expanded on in a meaningful way, when it shoulda been one of the coolest features of the game, It's just a fucking mess.

Also monhun. The series is literally copypaste with new armors/weapons, areas, and a few new monsters each game. The gameplay conflicts with itself where the players actual control mechanics directly clashes with the potential mobility of the monsters, it's like they were pieced together from 2 different series entirely. While you're able to hit the monster and control them with more openings than the average new player sees, the game is still limited by its bad design. This is coming from someone who LIKES the games grind and has advanced very far in tri, 3U and 4U.

Not to mention the fucking community is 10 tiers above even Dark souls or Smash's community in pure unadultrated meme "GIT GUD" deflection cancer.

When getting good concerns playing around a games bad control mechanics you have a problem. There's no defense or excuse you can make for how this game functions. Nothing about this series lends itself to quality design, it's extremely lazily made and should be cancelled until they make redeeming changes to make the game actually properly functional.

If there were actually any skill barrier to git gud at, you'd have a valid deflection to this criticism, but there isn't and you don't. Fuck monhun and its community.
>>
Witcher series
>>
>>343612496
who is this cute anime?
>>
Fire Emblem.
>>
>>343612496
Morrowind
>>
>>343614035
>So why all the praise for the graphics?
As far as this goes, it's probably because the detail is on par with the original CV, as you said. The punchline is that most people going for a 'retro style' these days sell short how much detail and style the games had because they were actively trying to make them look good, not merely blippy-blocky. I don't have the MM5 vs MM9 pic handy, but it's a good example of what I'm getting at.
>>
Anything From Software does.

>such good game design!
>such difficulty!
>wow, such cool hidden lore
>it's actually just boring and shitty

Seriously the most overrated series of games in history. It even triumphs over Zelda in terms of being overrated. I can't believe a 2 and a half hour long analysis of Demon and Dark Souls exist talking about its superior "game design".
>>
Mount & Blade

Utter sewer trash
>>
It's not like I will follow what people here thinks, especially not after trying to talk about balance in games, but I had hope for:
Painkiller:
>Stupid caged level design.
>Enemies with stupid movement that can be dealt easily with the very first weapon you get
>the other weapons are mostly shit or too good to use if you want any chalenge at all
>dumbed down movement that is too easy or too slow (you get more speed the more you jump and can change direction AT WILL if you press jump+movement_key as soon as you touch the ground)
>very boring bosses, and some of them have cheap almost one-hit-kill attacks near the end, forcing you to restart the boss you for that stupid attack alone, even if you had a shitton of health before that very attack.
>forced to get into SOULS mode (or whatever it was called) even if you don't want to, so if you want souls just for the heals, you are going to came across that retarded mode.
Proyect Reallity:
>Most people don't know how to play, they have tunnel vision, so you need to babysit whole teams so they don't get flanked. If you try to join a team, they kick for no reason, if you are in a team, you need to leave it because of their tunnel vision prevent them to see "sneaky" caps or alternative rutes so they get fucked all the time.
Tribes Ascend:
>Insta respawn make it so stupid that it turns around the idea of killing mentally chalenged light classes that just kill themselfs as soon as they fail their cap.
>Generator.
Character limit..
>>
>>343614496
horsefucking and autism v. 3
>>
>>343612496
Star Ocean 5 BEFORE it was released and then /v/ turned on it. I pre-ordered this game, and I'm not even having fun pressing circle like I'm apparently supposed to.
>>
>>343612792
Might want to get some facts straight before you open your mouth. You'll seem less retarded that way.
>>
>Fallout New Vegas
Got bored of it and refunded after the first couple missions, at least Fallout 4 held my interest for over 20 hours.

>Half Life series
Holy shit the nostalgia goggles are strong with this series, every game is really dated now and nothing sets them apart or above any modern game. I wouldn't be surprised if 75% of the Half Life 3 hype is just kids jumping onto the meme instead of actual excitement
>>
>>343612496
uncharted 4, the most boring "interactive movie" I played. Also Gravity Rush remastered give me buyer remorse.
>>
every single meme game
>>
>>343615236
This except armored core is good
>>
dark messiah
suikoden 2
stalker
EYE
nier
godhand
planescape

alright, maybe shit is a little harsh. they're flawed, but okay-ish. but damn do they get more praise than they deserve.
>>
>>343614209
I've never played a Zelda game to completition. I might have around 7 hours combined between A link to the pass, Ocarina of time, and random GBA versions, and I got surprised as fuck about how fucking bored and empty that game was when a relative was playing it on his console. Fucking Kameo: element of power had felt like it had more shit to do than that fucking game, the bosses were lame as shit and reminded me of game like Barney hide and seak in terms of difficulty. I could not believe how hyped that game was when I watched him play that. Fucking sad to see someone play it.

>>343619147
I enjoyed New Vegas but I ignored the mission completely. I just roamed around and uninstalled when I had nothing to do but follow the story and it's shitty missions. I just cheated to reach a part filled to the brim with enemies, fight a little bit there and then I droped it. The story and most of the mission were fucking shit really. Completely ignored. If you still have it and feel like giving it a another go, maybe you could find something fun in it if you roam around or if you like to explore. Maybe, if you can the same out of other games, you might just lose your time, but maybe it could be worth it for you to try like I did depending of what you like about those kind of games.
>>
NieR.
>>
>>343612496
Half Life series.
>>
>>343620559
>I enjoyed New Vegas but I ignored the mission completely. I just roamed around and uninstalled when I had nothing to do but follow the story and it's shitty missions. I just cheated to reach a part filled to the brim with enemies, fight a little bit there and then I droped it. The story and most of the mission were fucking shit really. Completely ignored. If you still have it and feel like giving it a another go, maybe you could find something fun in it if you roam around or if you like to explore. Maybe, if you can the same out of other games, you might just lose your time, but maybe it could be worth it for you to try like I did depending of what you like about those kind of games.

Alright, you triggered me. Here is yourt reply, save it! its all yours.

But you do understand that there is more to it in games other than brainlessly shooting everything that moves like you do in your cowadooty? And cheating? really nigger?

New Vegas requires atleast minimal of the average IQ, so I guess you should pass that shit out as its clearly not for you.
>>
>>343620497
Well, even when I think Stalker is not a master piece (the first is too poorly designed in terms of gameplay, and the last part of Call of Prypiar felt boring and empty [I'm not talking about atmosphere here]), I still think that it did something that I did not see in other games so I can dig people thinking that it's really good because it has a feeling that I did not came across in any other game. They nailed the fucking atmosphere, especially in the first one. If it had better gameplay (especially gunplay in the first one) it would truly be something amazing.
Godhand was ehhh. It was not bad but I did not see anything that would make think it's really especial about it, once I got the hand of the enemies's animations, I felt like I did not wanted to play it anymore. I might emulate it again some day, I can barely remeber it now.

Also, I want to add ANY GAME praised for it story. >>>Specially<<< any game made by Hideo Kojima. God fucking damn it, the cinematics of his games are cringeworthy as shit. I saw the video of Armstrong and I can believe people eat that shit.

>>343620845
That's why I said "Roam around", you mongrel. I liked to explore in that game, and the fights before uninstalling was to get a different experience of the game. Funny how you act all witty and smart while being so blind and retarded.
But if you think arguments turn around getting attention, congratulation: here is your reply.
>>
Monster hunter anything
It's slow, archaic, grindy shit made for autists. There are a million clones that do its formula better and expands on it, but the original franchise just refuses to move forward.
>>
>>343614209
Only contrarian fucks hungry for (You)s, and 10 year olds praise that game.

The only things going for SS are the motion controls which are unnecesary and badly implemented more than half of the time) and maybe those Silent Realm tests which are okish at best. The other things SS has, were already done in previous games but better.
>>
>>343621319
A friend just gave me his old 3ds a week ago and I almost immediately bought the newest monster hunter since I needed 3ds games and had heard so much praise but saw a demo avaliable at the last minute and it was laughably bad. Not even just for poor 3DS controls and combat, the grind is reallll. I guess I'll just stick with smash bros and any old DS cartridges I find lying around.
>>
>>343612496
insurgency
witcher 1
>>
>>343614496
Full speed rider
>>
>>343612496
FF X

Yes I fucking played it and no just because I don't like a human version of modern Sonic I'm not an edgelord, in fact I found Wakka a bro.
>>
cuckwatch
>>
Every Atelier and Tales of Xillia/Zestiria.
>>
>>343612792
>All his games find 1 gameplay gimmick and then make that the entire core of the game

You mean they have a core mechanics that they build upon?
>>
DOOM
>>
>>343612496
None really.
The only kind of games I'd qualify as utter shit are broken games where the devs put no effort; games like Sonic 06, Worms 3D, DMC2, or untested shovelware games or apps which I played on my own volition to see how shit they are.

Most of the games /v/ praises have some redeeming features which maybe are not my particular cup of tea, but that I'm able to appreciate if I change my perspective or how I approach the game.
Unless it's a waifufag game, fuck those.
>>
>>343619147
so this is neo-/v/
whoa
>>
>>343621161
>Godhand was ehhh. It was not bad but I did not see anything that would make think it's really especial about it, once I got the hand of the enemies's animations, I felt like I did not wanted to play it anymore.

You have to play it on hard mode to understand how good it truly is. The enemy design is fantastic and makes up for the lack of enemy type variety with some good AI and diverse move pools. All the different moves are uniquely useful and you have to learn how to use them to survive, unlike most other games in the genre which just have a bunch of shit only good for combos.
The crowd control is challenging with how aggressive enemies are while also being rewarding as fuck once you master counters and start throwing those tough, aggressive enemies around. The rank system is also enjoyable although not that well used since it's only a factor on normal mode and the best way to optimize your score is to milk the same enemies endlessly. It's also a one of a kind game. It's a modern beat em up but instead of fast paced combat, combos and quick reactions it focuses on crowd control, enemies which are tough 1v1 and planning.
>>
every vanillaware game ever
>>
>>343622705
I dont think anyone is going to argue that wakka is a bro, pham
>>
>>343621319
>>343625562
>>343626317
shit taste
>>
>>343626628
baited
>>
File: 370.png (259 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
370.png
259 KB, 500x523
>Deus Ex
>KOTOR
>every Zelda
>>
>>343612496
Morrowwind
Overwatch
>>
>>343625962
Yeah, I had the impression that it could be different in other setting, I just stoped trying it because (at that time) I was running out of space in my HDD and that game standed out the least. I like how you make it sounds. I like Quake and Serious same because you can fuck yourself using "weak" tactics or guns and turn the game around the concept of dodging/surviving while dealing with a big ammount of enemies. The problem with counters is that they were not hard to do for me, and that's why I said "once I got the hand of enemies's animations", so it the end maybe I just relied on that too much or something because it turned boring really quickly once I managed that. Maybe I'll try to approach it the same way that I play quake and serious sam like, and i might enjoy a lot if that is the case. Thanks for taking the time to write that because that is the concept that I like the most about most games, really, and it sounds like I could enjoy it like that. Now I'm sure that I did not gave enought opportunities to it since I dropped it quickly. If it turns like serious sam but with fist and meele fights I might end up fucking loving it, too. Thanks a lot, again. I was running out of games to try.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x667
>>343612845
>Ghost Trick
Yeah I'm triggered, go fuck yourself
>>
>>343612863
>>343612863
>>343612885
>>343613064
>>343613118
>>343618840
>>343625492

>Allora these Platinum drones worshipping Kamiya's little cute feminine cock.
>>
File: dragons dogmeme.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragons dogmeme.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
Literally Dark Souls
And stop citing sales, CoD sold like 50 times of DaS
>>
>>343627713
Kamiya didn't direct God Hand, dumbfuck.
>>
Va-11 Hall A

Never thought I'd say a cyberpunk VN is boring.
>>
>>343627713
Are you retarded?
>>
>>343612496
Paper mario : )
>>
File: 1452875450995.gif (1 MB, 317x239) Image search: [Google]
1452875450995.gif
1 MB, 317x239
>>343612496
Anything Gamesworkshop. Literally in the bin
>>
Recettear was a pile of crap and waste of $5, but that was on me for listening to anime moefag crowd. Those fuckers probably jerk each others off at /vg/.
>>
>>343627713
Just came into this thread to call you a dumb cunt
>>
File: 1466266836774.jpg (94 KB, 602x709) Image search: [Google]
1466266836774.jpg
94 KB, 602x709
>>343612496
stalker
>>
>>343627872
>>343628424
>>343629196

>D-D-delete this!
>MUTED!

You Kamiya's cumdumpster sluts are the worst meme on /v/.
>>
the ammount of shit taste in this thread
kys my boys
>>
Morrowind
>>
>>343612496
Most jrpg's i've played are garbage.
>>
>It's a "I played a game with high expectations or the intent to hate it to seem contrarian because of all the praise I've seen of it beforehand" thread

These threads are always fucking awful.
>>
>>343629747
>gets called out for being wrong
>"Y-You're just Kamiya's s-sluts!!!"
Whatever you say, kid.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.