[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone on /v/ actually like Call of Duty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13
File: yeah okay.jpg (9 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
yeah okay.jpg
9 KB, 226x223
People seem to hate it now for some reason even though Infinite Warfare looks like I'll probably be good imo
>>
I have 260 hrs on black ops 3
>>
>>343611747

Ultimately comes down to bad map design. Modern Warfare 2 had it just about right. Big levels, lots of terrain, lots of "play areas" where firefights would tend to magnetize towards. The best sniper levels of any CoD to date, reasonable spawn algorithms though the gun balance was a bit off.

Now it's all fucking tiny ass arena shooter levels for ants and fucking retarded killstreaks and SMGs everywhere. CoD sucked fucking ass after 3 and that includes Black Ops, every single iteration.
>>
>>343611747
>People seem to hate it now for some reason
/v/ has always hated cawadoody you newfag fuck. the game is casual as shit and besides that it has the most cancerous business model you could ever conceive. yearly releases, essential map packages, season passes. it's shit. it's crazy the amount of tasteless underage retards that infest this board. oh well, the good news is all you stupid fucking monkeys will die in the up coming war
>>
>>343611747
i do love zombies and mw2 waw cod 4 and bo2 are where i had some of the most fun time with friends on my xbox but i did give up on cod after ghost
>>
>>343612101
They all have the same 3 lane design because of shity memesports.

God i hate this fucking esport cancer so much.
>>
I play it because it's fun
>>
Yes, fuck the haters, the games haven't been good since BO2 but MW2, BO 1/2, Cod 4 are all really really good videogames, BO 3 is good too but no where near the old games, with more standard gameplay
>tfw IW will be the first CoD i don't pick up
I just dont care about the games now
>>
File: toujane.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
toujane.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
>>343612101
cod 1 and 2 have the best sniping maps. brecourt, vossenack, and of course toujane.
>>
File: 1463322595290 (1).jpg (34 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1463322595290 (1).jpg
34 KB, 375x375
>People seem to hate it now for some reason
If by "now" you mean since 2011, sure.
When motdef made the first CoD montage parody and Sniparz ran that joke into the fucking ground, you couldnt discuss Call of Duty without the autists who were playing it as much as you hating it due to its meme status.

It became the embodiment of the Mountain Dew and Doritos meme, even more than Halo 4, even though Halo 4 was just trying to get the fading CoD market but they had no clue why it was fading.

It didnt help that after the real IW guys went off to make Respawn Entertainment, the remaining IW and Neversoft that turned into Sledgehammer made the absolute worst fucking games. MW3 was bad, Ghosts was dogshit but AW proved they were learning.

This actually sucks because Treyarch never stopped making good games. They're extremely fun, and besides Black Ops 3 now since they're only adding the cosmetic/microtransaction shit due to Activision its still good. They even went out of their way to make a first which was sell the Multiplayer on Steam for only $15, which went over pretty great.
>>
>>343612369
>They all have the same 3 lane design because of shity memesports.

Hello underage.
>>
>>343611747
Used to love cod 4 and cod 2, easy 900 hours in Cod 4
>>
>>343612625
But they do, you fucking retard
>>
>>343612193
Yeah, I know its casual, and I'm not saying its like the best online shooter out there (CS and Overwatch are leagues better) but I don't think the shitty business model is really relevant to my question of why ppl hate COD. I mean, EA's model with Battlefield is arguable worse, yet people still like those games way better than COD.
>>
>>343612560
Yeah absolutely, I feel like Infinity Ward is really started to get their shit together after the totally subpar MW3 and Ghosts. I think Infinite will actually be somewhat creative and I think its a shame that people are going to buy a over-test-marketed unbalanced fake-WWI BF game this year instead.
>>
>>343611747
I've played them all mostly for single player, I spent more time with CoD3 mp than CoD4 despite how much CoD4 changed mp in games as we know today.
>>
>>343613504
That being said, if Infinite warfare is what I think it is. I'll enjoy it for being able to do something CoD hasn't done yet, CoD4 +mp is an added bonus.
>>
>>343612560
>>343612193
I think what OP's referring to is that a lot of normalfags are hating the new COD, especially how they're exclusively bundling the MW remaster with the game. The new COD has the most dislikes than any previous COD trailer if I'm right.
>>
I'm buying IW + COD4 remaster day one and having a blast in MP and no one can stop me.
>>
File: 1459236923854.jpg (68 KB, 683x684) Image search: [Google]
1459236923854.jpg
68 KB, 683x684
its part of the rights of being a 2010's gamer

new person enters the group, they talk about games
>I HATE CALL OF DUTY GUYS
and then you all high five each other and its like, yeah... this guys cool.
>>
No. MW2 is one of the worst games I've played. Blops 1 SP and Blops 2 multi were decent. Blops 3 and Ghosts seemed terrible. Last time I bought one was Blops 2 and that was too sci fi for me.

1 > UO > 2/WaW/4

Rest is shit.
>>
>>343611747
I bought BO3 because I loved 2, but I don't think I even have a day play time in it. The series has just lost its appeal for me. IW isn't even on my radar.
>>
>>343613702
Again, this isnt new.

Its people jumping on a bandwagon fuelled by memes. They're rooting for a game thats going to crash and burn because "lmao cod is so old its da same game every year we want new tings" even though Battlefield 1 from their E3 gameplay looks absolute dogshit and IW got some pretty good praise.

They hyped up a completely CG Battlefield 1 trailer and hated on a more realistic what the game will actually look like IW trailer. Why? Because da graphiks.
>>
>>343613775
Why are you playing an objectively worse, more expensive version? If you somehow don't have a PC that can run it use your old disc.
>>
>>343613946
that's because treyarch is shit
>>
>>343613989
>your old disc
>implying I even have a disc drive anymore
lmao
>>
>>343614023
I actually think they're best cod studio at the moment. Infinity ward is a lifeless husk of what it used to be and sledgehammer just seems like the b team
>>
>>343614194
treyarch was the b team before the old infinity ward left. everybody used to make fun of their shitty, laggy ass games. and even though their games are still laggy people pretend that they're good for some reason. probably because they have walmart connections and they benefit from the lag compensation.
>>
>>343611747
i used to enjoy 1 and 2 a lot. then they released a cod every year, that's when i stopped giving 2 fucks about this serie
>>
Best Single Player Campaign
Call of Duty 2

Best Multiplayer experience
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Best Zombie's experience
Cal of Duty: Black Ops
>>
Only for the campaign now desu. I can't compete with the dudebros in multiplayer.
>>
File: th.jpg (20 KB, 480x273) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
20 KB, 480x273
>>343611747
>"I hate this game"
>time played: 8 years
>>
>>343611747
I love COD 4, but I never bothered to play the others online, but I did played the Black Ops campaing and it was great.
>>
>>343614279
I remember those days. But to be fair before Activision finally ponied up for dedicated servers every cod had to deal with shitty p2p. Treyarch just added to the misery by having retarded amounts of lag compensation
>>
File: 1388898377461.jpg (49 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1388898377461.jpg
49 KB, 600x500
>>343614359
>>Best Zombie's experience
Cal of Duty: Black Ops
>That zombie map where you play as the presidents trapped in the white house
>That isometric zombie minigame
BO was great
>>
Me and my buddies have been trying out w@w recently, it's just mindless fun, haven't tried any of the new ones yet though.
>>
>>343611747
Can we talk about how Black Ops campaigns are different to the usual formula?

>BO1 had multiple themes of corruption and was comfy with the "IT AIN'T ME" setting.
>BO2 had choices and explored the theme of revenge vs duty
>BO3 was Ghost in the Shell for normines who would never usually think about this stuff.
>>
>>343612560
>When motdef made the first CoD montage parody and Sniparz ran that joke into the fucking ground, you couldnt discuss Call of Duty without the autists who were playing it as much as you hating it due to its meme status.
Nobody will ever give a shit about your meaningless youtube trivia, get a grip.
>>
>>343611747
I enjoy it for Free-for-all
Not enough shooters these days actually let you play without a team.
>>
>>343614912
>Nobody will ever give a shit about your meaningless youtube trivia
Are you retarded?
>>
File: PicardLaugh.jpg (120 KB, 650x382) Image search: [Google]
PicardLaugh.jpg
120 KB, 650x382
>>343613809
>gamer
Do you call yourself that in public? Be honest.
>>
>>343611747
I loved COD:UO, COD2, COD4 (MW) and MW2.

The first 3 were good for competitive war games and fun both (and even mods, oh my).
MW2 was fun with friends, drinking beer. MW3 was just dull, boring.

BO was kinda fun again (the first one).
The rest are shite.
>>
File: life.jpg (47 KB, 398x356) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
47 KB, 398x356
>>343614502
>I hate this game
>time played: 29 years
>>
Infinite warfare looks like a good game

It's just not a call of duty game anymore
>>
>>343611747
>People seem to hate it now
>>
>>343614802
Being unironic about this--that's actually a pretty interesting take anon, I've never played BO3 but I remember Menendez was a pretty good villain is BO2
>>
>>343617654
Which is fine, we only need like a "legit" Call of Duty game like every 5 years now, since for now its gotten pretty stale.
>>
>>343614802
>BO3 was Ghost in the Shell for normines who would never usually think about this stuff.
This actually makes me want to play it
>>
>>343611747
MW2 had fun Spec Ops you could play with a friend, especially those juggernaut missions were really challenging.Zombies is also fun I'd say.Though it gets boring if you are playing by yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHTOb_xzhxw
>>
File: 1448769066837.jpg (9 KB, 170x250) Image search: [Google]
1448769066837.jpg
9 KB, 170x250
>>343612101
not to mention that mw2 had a really great aesthetic. the feel and look of mw2 was better than any other cod game imo. the maps were big and fun, and there were lots of desctructible objects. also the campaign was pretty badass.

what brought it down, and what is the downfall of every other cod game is

-unbalanced weapons(think model 1887, noobtoob+one man army, noobtoob in general, etc.)
-stupid insta kill panic knifing
-quickscoping
-not so much in mw2, but low cost(amount of kills required) killstreaks that net you unavoidable free kills
-lag and hit detection(at least on consoles)
-deathstreaks

the list goes on. i think the only time i would ever consider going back to the cod franchise was if I was really rich, and hired people to create private hacks for me, and multiple xbox accounts just in case i was caught, so I could just hack all the time with aimbots and the like and piss off little kids. otherwise, there really isn't anything redeeming for the franchise after you pass 14. your taste matures, and you buy a pc.
>>
Just release cod 4 and mw2 sepeartely, remastered or whatever meme shit, and there you go.

DO NOT BALANCE mw2. It was fun because it was broken.
>>
600+ hours played. Honestly the multiplayer gets really boring after a while (bo3). the only things getting me to actually want to continue playing are friends and added features and you still have to pay for some of that.
>>
>>343612101
>sucked fucking ass after 3 and that includes Black Ops
Black Ops was before three tho
>>
>>343611747
I like the Treyarch ones
>>
I thought Call of Duty was hot dogshit without even playing it until I rented Black Ops 2 when nothing else was there once, had the time of my life and eagerly awaited the next one.
The next one was CoD Ghosts and it was fucking horrible, so I decided to ignore Call of Duty again.
>>
>>343614912
i wish i was still a teenager
>>
File: Callofduty3_Cover.jpg (13 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
Callofduty3_Cover.jpg
13 KB, 199x254
>>343620312
no it wasn't you underage nigger.
>>
i put over 1500 hours into cod4 before the comp scene died
>>
I have obscene hours in every CoD up to Blops2. I don't know if Ghosts just left a sour taste in my mouth or what but the newer ones are shit. The movement is fucking retarded. There's too many gimmick guns. They need to go back to a real life conflict so they can just focus on the weapon sandbox and gameplay instead of all the crazy shit they have in each new game. I'd prefer Vietnam or Korea
>>
>>343620721
Oh I thought you were specifically talking about modern warfare.
>>
>>343612369
e-sports and party chat ruined console gaming.
>>
File: 1_500.jpg (72 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1_500.jpg
72 KB, 500x334
>700 hours on mw2
>at least 100 hours in all games from cod4 and up
Haven't played in a long time, stopped with bo3 after their dlc weapon drop bullshit.
>>
>tfw legitimately considering buying Infinite Warfare for CoD4

It's going to come down to whether it's on disc shit for IW. If I can buy it and then sell IW to get some money back I'll get it.
>>
>>343612101
mw2 was the last good cod game. the balance issues weren't even a big deal since so much was broken, it just made the game over the top
>>
>>343620721
Cod 3 is fucking trash
>>
>>343621259
what's your point nigger?
>>
I want Battlefield 2 back ;_;
>>
everything after black ops 1 was horse shit. futuristic settings are just bad for fps's. they give too many crutches for bad players with invisibility and other stupid nonsense like jetpacks which means vertical level design so you can get buttfucked from anywhere. black ops 2 was okay but was far inferior to the original.
>>
>>343621507
also, my opinion > yours because i was in the top 200 players in black ops 1 and i wasn't even trying
>>
>>343621507
every game after cod 2 has crutches. in black ops it was the famas, napalm strike, ghost perk, and that game also has the most overpowered chopper gunner.
>>
>>343621905
>Chopper gunner and attack dogs on nuketown.

Don't fucking remind me.
>>
>>343621905
Don't forget AK-74u. Holy fuck that thing was a monster
>>
I think the games can be fun but they are pretty shallow experiences (I don't mean skill wise) and the playerbase is filled with dudebros and normies.

It's the vidya equivalent to potato chips. Sure, they taste good, but are ultimately unfulfilling and eating too much of them makes you sick.
>>
File: 1466636046654.png (400 KB, 600x817) Image search: [Google]
1466636046654.png
400 KB, 600x817
>>343622206
Famas
>>
>>343620721
>that cover
>"You're shooting the wrong way you dumb piece of shit, they're over here!"
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.