[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this game? I got it during the sale and I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 0111.jpg (28 KB, 605x300) Image search: [Google]
0111.jpg
28 KB, 605x300
Can we talk about this game? I got it during the sale and I was surprised by how much I liked it, considering the reviews it got when it came. It's far from perfect but the atmosphere and presentation really are second to none.
>>
There was a thread about this and Manhunt the other day.

Yeah, pretty great game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh9CNbvSSAE
>>
You can try the multiplayer, if you want. We and guys are playing it every now and then. Pretty fun sometimes, but netcode is kinda shitty.
>>
>>343606674
Shit, I didn't realize the servers for it were still up. I'll have to check that out sometime.
>>
>>343605858
First levels suck until you get tier 2 guns then it is pretty good.

Extremely well done. Good story of two guys fucking up without feeling grimderp. Awful ending but they really couldn't have ended that in any meaningful way.
>>
>>343608270
I thought the ending worked because the game's story is a "day in the life of" kind of deal. Kane and Lynch are going to continue to be washed-up asshole criminals.
>>
>>343608270
Ending's the best part imo. It's hilarious and perfect.
>>
To be honest K&L2 feels like the game Rockstar keeps trying to make since GTA4, MP3, etc, but they can;t because they are fucking retarded.
>>
the whole visual treatment is absolutely brilliant, it's like playing an ultra-violent wong kar wai/christopher doyle film.

the other thing i love about both kane & lynch games is how unglamorized, i guess, the violence is. not just in the sense that it's grisly instead of being smooth and stylized, but more how the characters themselves aren't elevated, aren't made cool anti-heroes, through the act of violence.

>>343609169
that's a really apt way to put it
>>
>>343605858
It's a like it or hate it kind of thing
>>
>>343609169
They don't have the balls anymore.

Manhunt is Rockstar's best game.
>>
File: 1463268271670.png (332 KB, 701x332) Image search: [Google]
1463268271670.png
332 KB, 701x332
>>343608270
>>343608781
>yfw the title is Dog Days and the final two enemies K&L are a couple of dogs
>>
>>343609169
Kane and Lynch are like grim, stripped-down versions of Micheal and Trevor. There's nothing charming or funny about them, they're just unapologetically nasty.
>>
The trailers were really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsUEhe8Tshg
>>
>>343605858
game is for children, all violence is literally pixelated like a hentai blocking out everything. its not even worth playing and is thought of widely in gaming as the worst game ever made.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.