[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally played this for the first time today. This game is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: cover_large[1].jpg (173 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
cover_large[1].jpg
173 KB, 600x593
Literally played this for the first time today. This game is the fucking devil.

It's not as cheap as Rayman 1, but it's close. If you lose all your lives, you're booted back to the last place you saved. And you can only save if you collect three tokens and complete a bonus level. And if you fuck up the bonus level TOUGH LUCK KID, you get to keep going and hope you don't run out of lives before the next bonus level.

I'm guessing this is an Uncharted situation where the kind of shitty first game paves the way for improved later installments because as of now I'm not seeing why the original trilogy is remembered so fondly.
>>
>>343601290

The later games do get more casual than the first one, don't worry.
>>
>>343601290
It's not bad, it just the save mode that fucks the game.
Crash 2 was the best tho.
>>
>>343601290
>>343601459

Just pull some passwords from the internet, you don't need the memory card data.
>>
>>343601290
>game is hard so it is bad

Underageb&s, everyone
>>
>If you die, you lose some progress

Wow, can you imagine if all games did this?
>>
>I want games to pander to my shitty skill level
>>
>>343601290
You'll probably have a heart attack if you ever play Super Mario Bros.
>>
Ignore the git gud tards. The shitty save system in this game sucks
>>
Even as a kid, I found that rather unforgiving.

>In Spyro, you save by rescuing dragons.
>In Super Mario World, you save by beating a fortress, castle, or a p switch.
>Many other games exist where you only save after beating a boss.
>Meanwhile for Crash, you only save by beating a bonus area, meaning that there is a limited number of save spots.
>>
>>343601882
>If you die, you lose all progress

Fixed. Sorry bud, you only get any progress if you went out of your way to even get to the bonus level, and even then you had to beat it to earn your save.
>>
>>343601290
The save system's shit, true, but everything else is great. That stretch from The Lost City to the end of the island is particularly brutal; it can be done, though.
>>
>>343601290
I'm pretty sure the save system in Crash 1 was compromised by tech issues.
They ironed out the kinks for 2 and 3, though those games have their own problems.
>>
>>343603687
You can save if you get all the crates in a level. Casuals confirmed
>>
>>343603806
Getting the gems requires familiarity with the levels and multiple playthroughs of it for the average player since you can't use checkpoints.

It's still a less than ideal system.
>>
>>343601290

Yes, back before you were born, video games used to have challenge instead of focusing on graphics and cinematic movie-games. But I agree, the save system was fucked due to some tech issues. 2 & 3 fixed every issue you're dealing with though.
>>
>>343604516
>Yes, back before you were born, video games used to have challenge instead of focusing on graphics and cinematic movie-games.
Crash was the flagship title for the Playstation specifically because of its graphics being so impressive so early in its lifespan.
>>
Crash Bandicoot is a masterpiece. Get yourself together.
>>
>>343604689

And yet they still never forgot about gameplay.
>>
File: 18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg (17 KB, 256x352) Image search: [Google]
18qg4nx5anhnrjpg.jpg
17 KB, 256x352
>mfw sonyponys think their shit fur bait excuses for franchises are in any way shape or form anything other than complete and utter dirty brown water trash

Rehash bandisloot, shy pooper, ratshit and stank, ballsac and haxtar, isharted and so many other shitty franchises are complete ass and the only reason anyone thinks they're anything close to not the functional equivalent of a heaping mound of garbage is because they were the few games that took more than 20 minutes to beat among the mountain of shovel ware shit that got dumped on the wobbleststion 2 which is all you played with when you were kids because your family was to fucking poor to buy anything other than some two bit nip cuck mediocre DVD player

Fuck off faggots
>>
>>343602856
>Out of your way to get a bonus level
If you did not suck you would not need to ho out of your way

Back when I would be training to beat the game with no continues I would just backtrack to the first island and play one of the easier levels to save. You get more lives in the process too.
>>
>>343604117
While I agree, I guess I'm just getting shitter-shattered that people are claiming it's the only way to save.
That being said, the only game over I got was on Slippery Climb. Honestly, fuck Slippery Climb.
>>
>>343606223
>I would just backtrack to the first island and play one of the easier levels to save

You can only enter each bonus level once per playthrough, whether you get to the end or not.

It's a remarkably draconian system.
>>
>I'm not seeing why the original trilogy is remembered so fondly.

What you youngins don't realise is back in the day, before we had internet, we literally couldn't autistically analyse and pick everything apart and talk about ti with like minded people, and thus, we were less sophisticated about or entertainment media and found it far easier to just enjoy stuff.
>>
File: 1466016618900.png (34 KB, 128x101) Image search: [Google]
1466016618900.png
34 KB, 128x101
>>343605483
>mfw this pasta is getting stale already
>>
just play crash 2 OP

its legitimately the best in the series. 3 was good imo but 2 will always be the best to me
>>
>>343606817
Yes but you can save when you get all the boxes.

You are able yo at least collect all of them in the first level, right anon?
>>
I'm an oldfag and I hated the shit out of crash bandicoot, spyro, and all the other shit like it.
>>
File: 1463278703040.gif (393 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463278703040.gif
393 KB, 500x375
>>343601290
Literally played this for the first time, it was a really cool game and a nice challenge despite some stages that I fucking hated.

- Me when I was 10 years old.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.