[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So, what’s a little friendly competition in the interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: x.png (276 KB, 660x497) Image search: [Google]
x.png
276 KB, 660x497
>So, what’s a little friendly competition in the interest of some friendly competition? In March, Microsoft publicly announced their desire to have PlayStation/Xbox cross-play become a reality. Sony was quick to respond, but they seemed more than a little indecisive:
>"PlayStation has been supporting cross-platform play between PC on several software titles starting with Final Fantasy 11 on PS2 and PC back in 2002. We would be happy to have the conversation with any publishers or developers who are interested in cross platform play."
>Now, almost 4 months later, Xbox Co-Creator Ed Fries has called upon Sony to make their stance on cross-play a little clearer but Sony has yet to respond.

Why is Sony scared on cross-play with Xbox?
>>
Sony offered crossplay a generation or so ago and Microsoft declined.
Now Microsoft is feeling the squeeze of irrelevancy and is begging Sony for crossplay, but it's too late.
They had their chance and they shat on it.
>>
>>343598118
Because sony's servers are held together with ducttape, and they are worried that the Big Black Xcock will fuck the servers up past the point of no return.
>>
Any games that were cross play like that?
>>
>>343598871
Filtered
>>
File: whatdiditellya.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
whatdiditellya.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>343598772
This.

Microsoft is trying to make their platform more relevant (read: not irrelevant). Think about it, most people are moving to PS4s because their friends have one, and this is despite them investing last gen into Xbox 360s. Now with cross-play, they could use this as a "stay with us, you don't have to give up on playing with friends!".

I doubt Sony would give them that.
>>
>>343599313

FFXI had both PC, PS and Xbox players on the same servers I think
>>
Microsoft wants to spy on PS4 users as well
>>
>>343601873
And FFXIV is gearing up to have an Xbox One release that will do the same.

Other than those I can't think of any off the top of my head.
>>
>>343598118
Didn't this happen with Mortal Kombat 9, where Sony wanted to enable cross-play and Microsoft basically told them to fuck themselves?
>>
Sony has never had private servers - it is up to the developers. They have no say in what games are crossplay. It amazes me how you shitlords and the press are eating up Microsoft's narrative of Sony being the bad guy here.
>>
File: 1459907796531.jpg (50 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459907796531.jpg
50 KB, 576x1024
>race-mixing
>>
Doesn't Rocket League crossplay with PS4,PC and Xbox?
>>
>>343598772
well the problem was a generation ago Microsoft was completely different than now
with Spencer, he literally only wants people to play games and have fun. this was drastically different than before
>>
>>343602652
>Believing Microsoft "Todd Howard"

He doesn't give a fuck about games, and fun, he cares about profits.
>>
>>343598118
>Why is Sony scared on cross-play with Xbox?
cause they lose the peer presure factor to sell consoles

Kid A and Kid B are friends, A and B both like the play CoD, but A like Sony exclusives, but B likes Microsoft exclusives.

A got a PS4 on release, while B was waiting for his BD to get an XBONE, now that A got a PS4, if B wants to play CoD with him, he is forced now to buy a PS4 too.

If Sony allows Xplay, B would be able to play with A without buying a PS4
>>
Microsoft needs to hurry up and release Scorpio so the Xbox division loses even more money and they end up closing it.

Best for everyone, PC players get all Microsoft games and make Micro focus on PC and console players can finally rid themselves of a weird pointless competitor that promotes everything wrong in gaming.

Really the Xbox has always been just a copy cast of Playstation but with worse games and shit exclusives.
>>
>>343604085
microsoft dropping the console market means 1 of 2 things

Sony either gets a monopoly of the console market

or 3rd party is forced to go with Nintendo too to avoid said Sony monopoly
>>
>>343604246
Sony doesn't give a shit about Microsoft, they know they're at the top with 40 millions in 3 years.
>>
All I know is if Tekken 7 has crossplay between xbox ps4 and pc it will be the best fighting game ever.
>>
>>343604504
being on top =/= monopoly you dingus

also is from a 3rd party perspective.
>>
Sony has zero incentive to do this while MS would dearly love to give their low playerbase somebody to play with.
>>
>>343602901
Who doesn't in any industry? Idiot.
>>
>>343598118

You would sooner set cross play between the Scorpio and the NX and even that's a long shot.
>>
>>343602652
>now with Spencer, he literally only wants people to play games and have fun

Please tell me xbox fans aren't really this delusional.
>>
>>343598118
Xbox players would honestly wipe the floor with casual sony gamers. Sony kids just play anime shovelware visual novels and movie games where all they do is press square to pick a choice. A ps4 player would get his shit kicked in a gears, halo, forza, or any shooter match. titanfall, cod, battlefield, you name it.
>>
>>343604246
>or 3rd party is forced to go with Nintendo to avoid said Sony monopoly

Then, just have Sega return to making consoles, and the balance of power will finally be restored.
>>
>>343604747
The guy he was replying to believes otherwise, retard
>>
>>343604747
My point exactly you stupid faggot.
>>
>>343605730
>>343605662
Hey you fat retarded faggots caring about money and caring about fun aren't mutually exclusive. You can still want and strive to achieve both. Maybe that fat is poking your brain fucking with the part that lets you think like an adult but this shouldn't be a hard concept to understand.
>>
As I remember, Portal 2 has crossplay between Playstation and PC. Microsoft was the one who blocked the crossplay for their console.
>>
>>343598871
Go back to /dg/ you fucking faggot.
>>
>>343605307
>boners actually believe this
Please stop its embarrassing.
>>
>>343602641
Only between Xbox and PC
>>
>>343605862
>caring about money and caring about fun aren't mutually exclusive.

No, in this case they are.
Example: A developer makes DLC for a game, and charges money for it. Even if the DLC is worth the price, it is driven by greedy, and if supported, will lower the precedent set. Even if people started to refuse to buy it, the precedent has been set that people are willing to pay for it, so its creation will not stop, whether people consider it good or bad.

When people are happy in the present, they don't stop to consider the future their actions will lead to.

The follow is nothing more then just a hypothetical example. So far, Microsoft games have been getting released for PC more and more right? It can be assumed that this would make PC users happy correct? It can be assumed then, that over time this would build trust between PC users and Microsoft correct? The obvious conclusion this could lead to then, is having PC users buying a Scorpio, and games for that Scorpio, having been convinced by trust that the console's price would be cheaper then upgrading their computers parts to reach the level the Scorpio will supposedly be on.

Keep in mind, this is just a mild and flawed hypothetical situation, but never forget, a company is not your friend. They do not make games to just give people "fun" or just "to make money" either, their goal is long term devoted customers that establish future investments. Once you start thinking that its ok to think of Phil has providing you fun, and that only being a by product of him making money, you have already fallen victim to their trap.
>>
>>343602652
>Microsoft was completely different than now
>with Spencer, he literally only wants people to play games and have fun

Holy fuck Xbots are THIS delusional

It doesn't matter which side you are in the fanboy war. It's all a power play. If Microsoft was in Sony's position right now, they would decline requests for cross play as well.
>>
>>343604085
You don't understand Microsoft's business strategy
They could lose money on it for 30 years, they just want to get Sony out of the way so they can have the monopoly. Nintendo will be their "fair competition" even though it appeals to a different market, so monopoly laws won't come into effect.
>>
>>343606763
this is false
>>
>>343598871
Haha what the fuck kind of comment is this, filtered
>>
>>343598772
I remember there was the fantasy knight + witch rpg on the PS2 in Japan and they wanted it to go on Xbox.

Microsoft gave them the finger and wanted all these regulations.

Sony doesn't need to answer to shit.
>>
>>343598118
>Playing on PS4
>Go to matchmaking
>Join match
>Suddenly crying babies, angry preteens, rap music and loud belching rip my speakers apart
>Realise it's a cross-play game
>Quit match
>Delete game
>>
File: E for Everyone.png (12 KB, 388x524) Image search: [Google]
E for Everyone.png
12 KB, 388x524
What recommend buying console me?

I'm someone just playing video games rated E for Everyone by ESRB

I just play a game that is suitable for all age groups
and hate violent video games
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/ESRB_2013_Everyone.svg
>>
>>343611565
Buy a phone and play mobile games if you're going to be playing games made for children
>>
>>343611856
but the mobile phone games, has much pay to win, and many microtransactions
>>
>>343611996
Then buy a Nintendo
>>
>>343611354
>Suddenly hearing anything in game chat
Party chat killed that forever ago anon
>>
File: ESRB_E.jpg (11 KB, 177x259) Image search: [Google]
ESRB_E.jpg
11 KB, 177x259
>>343612070
What is the nintendo console with more games rated E for Everyone by the ESRB?
>>
>>343611565
You have to be 18 to use this board.
>>
>>343612459
I am 20 years old
>>
>>343598118
>Why is Sony scared on cross-play with Xbox?
Sony asked MS on this during the PS2 era. MS didn't want to.

It's actually MS that didn't want to do this, since 2 console generations ago. Sony was open for it.
>>
>>343598118
MS is still being a cunt about regulations concerning cross-play on FF14, so I still find it amusing they're trying to cast themselves as the good guy here.
>>
>>343601694
And to top it off Xbox having the Scorpio would make those with extra cash have a clear path
>>
>>343598118
I would love it the banter alone would be worth it
>>
>>343604085
Do you even know what Scorpio is going to do?

PC hardware is finally forced to be at reasonable prices because suddenly this console is out even if it was a thousand dollars because it can outperform most PC with GTX 1070 performance.
>>
>>343611354
You're describing PS3 voip

Good times hearing shit because there wasn't the RAM to have party chat.
>>
Not having to play with sonyggers is the greatest benefit to having an xbox.

Glad this is just MS calling Sony's bluff after sony tried playing that pathetic "good goy" card in saying that they were for cross play but "evil MS " didn't want it.
>>
>opening the window for Sony to swipe more credit cards

Yeah no. Fuck that. I don't trust Chinese sony .
>>
>>343614895
>Xfags actually believe this

Top kek

>>343615446
All the rest of us want you to stay on your cancer containment console as well.

>>343615634
>It's Eurocuck again
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.