[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: hyper_light_drifter_.png (470 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
hyper_light_drifter_.png
470 KB, 540x675
Thoughts on this game?
>>
>>343596376
Wasted potential:The Game
>>
I really love it when it drops to 20fps. I also love it when the screen shakes violently every 2 seconds.
>>
The minimalist approach makes things really confusing, but the gameplay and art style are solid.
>>
>>343596528
>>343597457
Looks like you're saving me a purchase
>>
>>343596376
Special thanks to Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian and Phil Fish
>>
>>343596376
It's pretty damn fun. Best indie game I've played since Jamestown.
>>
>>343599598
The game that had like two levels then ended

shit felt like a demo
>>
I guess its impossible to patch this game to make it run 60fps? From its style, it seems very possible to do so.
>>
a game i cant install for some fucking reason
>>
>>343599901
They made all of the animations 30fps like morons, so they'd have to redo them all.
>>
>>343599901
Lmao, the game doesn't even run at a constant 30 unless you have a supercomputer. Amazing that games like MN9 and Hyper Light are harder to run than shit like Crysis 3 and Metro.
>>
>>343600613
>made in GameMaker
What did you expect?
>>
>>343597592
This

I bought it on sale since the gameplay looked fast and exciting, which it is, but there' just so little to do in the game it's depressing.

Oh, and the map is some kind of shitty escher painting that makes zero fucking sense and you might as well not follow it at all.
>>
>>343596376
Loved the visual aesthetic and music, gameplay is solid and challenging. I wish it had had more coherence story-wise, and maybe a been a bit more Metroidvania-ish with interesting items/abilities that unlock new areas. But basically it's good, and I liked it.
>>
>>343597592
Agree with this.
I'd also like to add in that it's really really boring at times. So uneventful.
>>
>>343596376
Was so shit when i tried it. I actually hates the game. But after giving it 2 hours and then beating it.... 29 hours later its my goty. Even if its wasted potential the game
>>
>>343601330
When u played. Did you find all 8 ßof the purple bits in eavh of the 4 worlds? Did you beat the underground? Did you beat the dash challenges? 100% all bitcubes? With 100% the game i got 29 hours out of it. Getting all suits is so much fun too
>>
Literally vidyakino
>>
I love almost everything about except like what >>343597592 said. They approached the story with absolutely no dialogue, so you feel really disconnected a lot and have no idea what's going on.

It's like 2D indie Dark Souls
>>
>>343601668
Not him, but the one thing I hated were those fucking dash challenges, which you had to do to get 100%. The one in the submerged area where you had to dash down the disappearing platforms took me fucking hours, and the spike cave one I just gave up on. Failing over and over again at split-second timing-based challenges is way too frustrating to be fun, and left a bad taste on what was otherwise a pretty decent game.
>>
>>343602282
Er, meant for >>343601863
>>
>>343602361
Tfw they were the best part of the game and only took 5 tries at most for me. Sorry u had a bad time.
>>
30fps lock was stupid
>>
I'd rather wait for Radio the Universe, however many years it takes to be finished

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-7inrsnTOc
>>
Really cool art style, and fun, fast-paced gameplay. The closest an indie has come to Zelda.
I wish it was 60 fps though.
>>
What's with the neon Evas though?
>>
>>343603546
Tehy are dead when your charachter plays. But u find out an anicent race built them. Whem the power cell was corrupted it used the evas to destroy the world but the races of the world managed to destroy them.

By the time ure playing the evil power cell has decided to corrupt the southern lizard ppl into building new evas as u see their factories in the south. You basically have to stop them from returning. U never actually see them alive while u play. U only see their dead bodies.
>>
>>343599815
Jamestown had more than two levels.
>>
>>343602675
Wow that slow as fuck gameplay being better than hyperlight? Ure kidding right? No way in hell even with 30 fps...
>>
>>343602282
How do you fail at the dash challenges? Even if you were bad at games they should've only taken at most eight to ten tries.
>>
Pretty.
>>
>>343599815
>Like a demo
Please tell me you DID increase the difficulty.
>>
>>343603948
Exactly this. Anon
>>
>>343603856
Game's like 10% done my dude. I'm in it for the premise right now.
>>
>>343596376
game felt slow to play or something so i stopped

did not really care for the images replacing actual words either

didn't like the gun much
>>
>>343604972
Theres 6 guns. Shot gun is the best. Combat is literally top tier if u have upgrades. Endgame xombat is legit amazing too.
>>
>>343603948
By not being able to maintain the rhythm required for the 0.2 second timing windows to keep the dash going. I don't know if it's the combined latency from my 60hz IPS display and bluetooth controller, or if I just suck, but I couldn't consistently chain dash more than three times in a row. In the dash room in the village the best I managed was around 37 dashes.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.