[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
grand kingdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
What went right?
>>
>>343586395
I'm not quite sure but I've spent more thank half the hours since two nights ago playing it.
>>
>>343586560
Same it's addicting as fuck.
>>
i wanted to buy this for my vita.

but after playing the demo i thought it could be boring to fight with and against the few classes

not quite sure yet
>>
>>343587362
Do you have any idea how you can find out which skills you get by leveling which stats on which characters?
>>
>>343587461
Nah it's not really that boring. There's 17 classes with a really good amount of different possible builds because you get different skill depending on how you level your characters. You can also give character passives (and maybe actives? I haven't actually tried yet because there's a shitload to do) from other characters.

Right now one of my primary parties consists of a mage who stands in the far back and refuses to move unless someone gets directly up in his face, a witch who is stupidly tanky who runs interference for my artillery guy, A rouge who specializes in denying the enemy action points and stopping ranged characters, and a lady with a big hammer who beats up some crates I leave lying around to heal up after tanking shit.
>>
>>343587470
No. I thought classes just unlocked abilities as they level.
>>
>>343588104
I thought so too until I recruited a second healer for a different team and leveled him differently from the first one and got all different abilities. It seems to be the case for basically all the classes but I haven't really leveled multiple units of the same class that much.
>>
>>343588361
Damn, that makes this game even cooler.
>>
>>343586395
What does your best squad look like?

I got a team full of Rouges that I all turn invisible so I can sneak up the back. this strategy really cheeses the AI.
>>
Are dragon mages worth losing the 4th party slot?
>>
>>343588972
they hurt real bad man
>>
>>343588825
I have a team with just Barrel dudes. I just place barrels 4 days.
>>
>>343588589
I really like it. I think it's the only system in one of these games that's ever kept me from minmaxing excessively.

Currently my only character with levels in just one stat is my mage because he got god tier passives that let him ignore literally everything but dps after I build my team around him.

>>343588825
Speaking of the AI it's actually pretty decent for a game like this. The only glaring flaw I've found is that when it tries getting super fancy with it's mist positioning it can sometimes fall for it's own traps or have priests take a damage buff mist.

>>343588972
Oh hell yeah assuming you make them the leader for the HP boost. They're tanky as hell and do crazy AOE damage. Not that good for war ops though because they take a bit longer to wipe teams than other good teams since if the enemy splits up they have to waste a turn chasing them down. Also Warp Gate is fucking hilarious.
>>
Does the Vita version stack up? Or is it trash?
>>
>>343589735
It's pretty good. They sacrificed the framerate in the background images instead of anything meaningful.

Also I don't know if online requires PS+ on the PS4 but it might.
>>
>>343590060
>online requires PS+ on the PS4
It does. And I am NOT into it. Fucking bullshit piece of trash. I hate the PS4 with a passion and am ashamed that I even have one. But I will NOT pay for PS+ and contribute to the cancer. Never.
So if the Vita version of Grand Kingdom is busted I'll just have to skip the game.
>>
>>343590742
Oh then I think the vita version is basically just straight up superior, considering the online features are really fun.

But yeah the vita version is just fine. Not broken or busted in the slightest.
>>
>>343590938
How exactly does online work?

I've done a couple deployments but I still don't quite understand what I'm doing besides capture and hold. Are the enemies just AIs of other parties?
>>
>>343590938
I am mostly just worried about the resolution and whether or not the game is riddled with compression issues.
But you said the framerates were alright at the very least? Then it's probably alright.
>>
>>343591207
I'll be honest I have no fucking idea. Each fight is against AI that I think is kinda Dragon's Dogma like. The maps are populated by both real people and AI on deployments but I don't know how close the figures you see running around are to a real time description of what's going on. I have no clue whatsoever how which units you fight are decided but I think you only face teams that have been deployed because I remember a level 16 team of mine going up against a level 4 team once. Artillery and supports ARE called in and set up by real people and I'm pretty sure artillery you get from abilities and items only gets used in fights with a real person in it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.