[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played any Tales game before. Is this worth getting on steam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 135326261.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
135326261.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Never played any Tales game before. Is this worth getting on steam?
>>
>>343582275
No. I'd say get Symphonia instead, but I don't know how good the steam port is.
>>
>>343582275
It's ok. Definitely one of the weaker titles though
>>
>>343582961
This. Pick it up for cheap in a sale or something. Not a bad game, but not a great one. 10/10 intro cutscene though
>>
Hell no. I like tales games but avoid this shit.
>>
>>343582740
I would like to know how the Symphonia port is. I heard people have made fixes, but I want to hear people's opinions.
>>
>>343582740
>>343583376
The port is fine with durante. No 60 FPS though
>>
>>343582275

It's one of the worst ways you can start with the series. Play Phantasia PSX, Eternia, Symphonia, Abyss, or Vesperia first. Even the Xillias would be better.

日本語をわかるなら:
Tales of Phantasia X
Destiny: DC
Rebirth

would be good too.
>>
>>343582961
What breast?
>>
>>343582275
It's one of the worst tales games.
Avoid it.
>>
>>343582275
Yeah, if you haven't played any other Tales games, this might be okay.
Just know that the whole "status ailments can only be healed by a particular character, and prohibit healing until they're gone" mechanic isn't in any of the other Tales games.
Nor is the fact that enemies ignore their weaknesses when they're attacking.
>>
>>343583727

It is a TERRIBLE idea to try and get someone into a series by recommending no translated japanese only titles. I'm sure the story and mechanics are going to come to him so naturally like that.
>>
>>343584484
The japanese text above those titles says "If you can read Japanese:"
>>
>>343584606

Yeah, I thought "If they can read this, they'll be fine. If they can't, they'll know not to touch them", but maybe it's not as obvious as I assumed.
>>
>>343582275
No. get Symphonia or attempt at getting Vesperia or Abyss.

Then look into Xillia if you feel like playing something mediocre.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.