[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did it turn to shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: CLS6WST63KFA1434691142777.jpg (165 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
CLS6WST63KFA1434691142777.jpg
165 KB, 622x240
At what point did it turn to shit?
>>
>>343580319

Ruby Sanctum patch during the last days of wrath
>>
>>343580319
When Wrath launched.
>>
3.0.3, although there was a short resurgence during 3.1.

While there was a number of good things about WotLK and many of its worst bits were still to come, the patch featured truly worthless raid content (everything but Sarth+3D on 10-man being trivial), worthless dungeons ("heroics" facerollable from day 1), the balance during the patch was generally awful, and most importantly, a general paradigm shift in design (including major complaints like heavy dose of class homogenization and the beginning of the trend of player character being treated as the greatest hero who's buddies with faction leaders and such like, but also a huge number of smaller things like gutted professions or various changes resulting in hyperinflation).
>>
>>343580319
Cataclysm
>>
>>343580319
Wrath was literally it's rise and fall
>>
>>343580319
When people stopped playing, so when you go questing nobody is around except you. Fuck this piece of shit.
>>
File: 1464438494623.jpg (260 KB, 1132x887) Image search: [Google]
1464438494623.jpg
260 KB, 1132x887
Activision merger. Blizzard in general turned to shit after that, Overcucks can't fool me.
>>
>>
>>343580319
For me it turned to shit after TBC. When WOTLK came around i could already see the endgame content and, after 3 years of doing the exact same thing(raid, level alts, level professions, adapt to balance changes) i just stopped playing. I couldn't get on the treadmill again. Legion looks like it has a lot more endgame stuff to offer so i'm somewhat interested in picking it up again after almost 8 years.
>>
>>343580319
when you last remember being young and happy
>>
>>343580319
Stopped playing just before our guild downed LK in Wrath. Came back for Cataclysm and switched my Shadow's Edge with a blue axe made of fish bones and then dropped the game completely.
>>
When you grew up
Seriously it was never good
>>
It went to shit in Cata, but it had it's ups and downs in BC/Wrath.
>>
Still waiting on my refund with Overcuck

Manager is trying to give me a hard time.

Only game I play from Blizzard anymore is Diablo 3 bdcause atleast that is still mildly entertaining.
>>
It was always shit.

The game was the most kiddie and casual shit even at its time.
>>
Just checked my Battlenet and I'm apparently banned because some Korean is having fun on my account kek
>>
Should i finally try WoW (i got to lv16 and quit because there was no driving story), play runescape 2007 (played from 2005 - 2008) or cave into my friends demands and play warframe?
>>
>>343580319
near the end of BC
>>
>>343583594
I don't know, but retail is worthless, that's for sure
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.