[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of Chernobyl, what mods will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: stalker.jpg (9 KB, 329x153) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
9 KB, 329x153
just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of Chernobyl, what mods will improve my game experience as a first time player?
>>
>first time
>mods
summer needs to end
>>
File: Stalker tips.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
Stalker tips.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
Play it vanilla for your first time. There might be a community patch or something to download, but do it vanilla. You'll thank me later.

Also here.
>>
>>343577457
Czech the general in /vg/
>>
>>343577839
here op, this anon is right
go vanilla to experience everything there is at first (and it wont take long) then go for modding
>>
>>343577597
The problem is that you are doing this to be part of an exclusive club and there are no clearly defined rules. People like the OP can't win, because you can change the goalpost at will. If he had said he'd bought metro, it'd be >metro
>not stalker
If he had said CoP, it'd be
>not vanilla
Meanwhile, starter guides
>needing starter guides
made by people who are supposed to be fans of the game also suggest minor mods to start. Like ZRP.

>>343577457
Yeah, get ZRP, which fixes a lot of bugs and has a bunch of quality of life changes that you can opt out of for a first playthrough. So read the readme part about first timers.
>>
>>343577457
ZRP
>>
>>343578389
what does any of that shit have to do with what I said
>playing video games for the first time modded
just fucking stop right now senpai
>>
>>343578669
Good to see I'm not the only one who enjoys experiencing a game the way it was to be intended to be played for the first time. I'm big on that "original experience."
>>
>>343577839
Woah, I was just about to start playing too. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>343579830
Good luck in the Zone, Stalker!
>>
>>343578669
>>343579449
Oh okay. I just thought he might want to experience the vanilla experience with as few CTD bugs as possible.
>>
>>343580349
Yeah and that's fine, but putting all kinds of complete overhaul mods or weapon mods into it for the first time is stupid to me.
>>
>>343580495
I just suggested ZRP. It fixes bugs, and has optional gameplay changes, which for my recently started playthrough, I've turned off.

Here's a bug list. Steam version is the P6 column.
>>
>>343577457
autumn aurora is alright
>>
>>343580725
>I just suggested ZRP
Oh, well that's fine then, and I agree.
>>
>>343580725
Fuck. Here it is.
http://www.metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/BugsInSTALKER.html
>>
>>343580864
thanks m8

>>343577597

>summer

i've been here for years now.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.