[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, this game is way better than Environmental Station
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Axiom Verge.png (174 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
Axiom Verge.png
174 KB, 616x353
Holy shit, this game is way better than Environmental Station Alpha.
Best metroid-like game
>>
I agree
>>
>>343576587
>>343577159
Nice try you pixelshit lover shill.
>>
File: fa9d42487a[1].png (2 KB, 221x68) Image search: [Google]
fa9d42487a[1].png
2 KB, 221x68
>>
I personally had a much better time with ESA. Axiom Verge was boring and unsatisfying, I thought. I liked some parts of AV, like the glitch guns and stuff, but otherwise found it pretty forgettable
>>
>>343577835
Agreed. Also runnin around with that grinder wheel thing hitting every surface with the most annoying sound effect in the world was NOT FUN
>>
>>343576587
Congratulations Anon, you managed to find the most under appreciated game of 2015. You can now celebrate your appreciation with the 16 or so people who also bought this game.
>>
>too many buttons so you cant use a snes controller with it
>>
>>343578292
I still like that better. Switching shit in Super Metroid was never fun for me. Was nice to just be able to hold a button and drill.
>>
>Verge has some of the absolute most horse shit bosses in a Metroidvania game with a ridiculous difficulty curve
>Station has a good curve with some relatively annoying, but not insane bosses before post-game
I prefer ESA, but you are entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>343578593
Man all the post game stuff in ESA was nuts. I loved it so much
>>
>>343578702
I still haven't beaten Restless Spirit. That fucking thing is absurd.
>>
>>343578818
Which one was that, even? I don't recall, it's been a while since I've played it. Is that the giant skull?
>>
>>343578975
No. That's The final boss.
Restless Spirit was added in a patch some time post-launch last year. In an area revolving around easily the shittiest mob type in the game.
>One mob is a generic leaping beast
>One is a floating psychic with 2 orbitals that just chases you
>Third one Will hit you for FOUR damage every time you dash or use a charge shot.
>Gather three Orbs spread about the Research Station area to unlock the fight versus the boss And he disables your Megacharge Powerup.
>>
>>343577550
>le ebin AAA games are good maymay
>>
>>343579640
Oh right right, the one on the abandoned sector or whatever with all the black imp ghost things. That one was pretty insane, yeah. It's much easier if you use the dash to stay above his head while he's standing to the side. Then you can just shoot down at his eye and keep dashing upward.
>>
File: TomHappArt.png (953 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
TomHappArt.png
953 KB, 600x900
>>343576587

God-tier pixel art and realisation, but I found the story to be boring desu, and the writing and ost were meh :/

Still a solid 8/10 though, would recommend

>Best metroid-like game

That would be Cave Story
>>
>>343576587
IMHO. It's overrated. The story just abruptly ends, also there is way too much annoying backtracking. The music is good and art design is cool, but definitely style over gameplay.
>>
>>343581518

>desu

That's not what I wrote, baka...
>>
File: _MYGQYeo.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
_MYGQYeo.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>343581864

>desu
>baka

Someone's playing a prank on me or I don't even
>>
My only complaint with axiom was that you never really reached a point where you get stronger like be able to take more hits. Every enemy even grunts deplete your life real fast. Other than that the game was pretty good and certainly has me wanting to try out more metroidvania games.
>>
>>343582157
Word filters baka desu senpai
>>
It's a great game, no question
but damn how they have hidden their weapons and other secret items, really am i know supposed to red coat every freaking wall in the game, is there no weapon which lets me analyze breakable blocks or somethig, god damn.
>>
>>343582313

Didn't know they filtered acronyms, top k e k
>>
>>343582157
DESU
B
H

SENPAI
A
M

KEK
E
K
>>
>test

Baka desu senpai
>>
>>343576587

Agreed.

I was late to the party but Axiom Verge is easily one of the best games I've played this year.
>>
>>343582780

>test 2

baka desu lol kek imo til itt fyi ftfy asap mfw omg lmao
ftw wtf wth rofl afk aka btw
>>
Loved the art. Loved the soundtrack. Loved just how many hidden weapons there were even if half of them kind of sucked

Story kind of shit the bed halfway through when they revealed the 'twist', and fuck, if the 'rewrote science' thing wasn't some of the most autistic shit I've seen. Also WORST final boss in a game I've seen. Especially on hard. I mean geez

Overall pretty damn good
>>
I feel like the $20 price tag harmed its popularity.
>>
>>343576587
I'll get it when it cheapens.
>>
>>343583613
>being a BR
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.