[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the "default" character model in Morrowind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: 20160618105950_1.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160618105950_1.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
This is the "default" character model in Morrowind if you don't change any of the settings. Anyone else think this looks the best for the main hero? Not many Dunmer in the game have this face as I recall. It's just a solid look for the Nerevarine.
>>
Morrowind is comfy, although I can't shake the feeling I'm playing it wrong.
>>
>>343575923
This is true for me too. Can you specify in what way are you playing it wrong?
>>
>>343575158
I always use the default character model.
>>
>>343576474
If you don't min/max like an autistic retard, you will never kill anything or get anywhere.
>>
>>343576474
Laughably low combat strength + exploring everywhere instead of doing things properly + levelling non-combat and non-magic skills

Due to low strength this usually entails avoiding combat, but this makes me wonder if I'm going to get destroyed by level scaling or something later. (if my combat strength remains static but my level goes up.)

On the other hand it does enforce a more realistic playstyle since it's the only way I'd survive Vvardenfell in real life too, unlike Oblivion where everything is solvable with violence.
>>
>>343575923
i feel like traveling becomes a chore. it takes forever to get somewhere and even with athletics the stamina drains pretty quickly.
>>
>>343575158
I prefer female dunmer since you get more unique dialogue
>>
>>343576716
>>343576826
what are you people talking about? as long as you pick skills that you plan on leveling you should be fine. don't hop directly into the main quest. start one of the guild questlines first and you should do plenty of damage.
>>
>>343577036
>as long as you pick skills that you plan on leveling you should be fine
Well that's the issue. I don't plan. I can't plan.
>>
>>343577102
>i want to be a warrior
>i should level blade, heavy armor, etc.
it isn't rocket science
>>
Dunmers had the best hairstyles in the game.
Just try to prove me wrong.

You can't.
>>
Mohawk Dunmer is infinitely better.
>>
File: 5VS3.png (1 MB, 1594x521) Image search: [Google]
5VS3.png
1 MB, 1594x521
So what went wrong?
>>
>>343576580

Does any other dunmer in the game even have that face?
>>
>>343575158
No what looks best for the hero is uninstalling that shit game.
>>
>>343577967
Overhaul mod is pretty cool
>>
>>343576847

Does Crassius Curio still ask you to take off your clothes if you are a female?
>>
>>343577967
where did the homes go
>>
>>343576830
>not just alchemizing a shitload of restore fatigue for infinite staimina
it's the most common effect in the game, you literally never run out of stamina if you do alchemy.
>>
Why is Morrowind so ugly?
>>
>>343580951
Content and lore were prioritized over graphics.
>>
File: nerevar.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
nerevar.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>343575158
>Anyone else think this looks the best for the main hero?
Nah. As far as I'm concerned this is the canon Nerevarine.
>>
>>343580951

the world is gigantic and it came out in fucking 2002
>>
i never played the first skyrim cuz the graphics looked like shit. is the nevavarine or whatever supposed to be like dragonborn or something?
>>
>>343581305
possibly transracial ressurected elf black jesus
>>
>>343581305

How old are you?
>>
>>343581305
nah the nevarer is just a dude no one special
>>
>>343577967

That Skyrim mod looks pretty neat desu.
>>
>>343577102
Being an idiot counts as playing Morrowind wrong, I guess
>>
>>343577856

>earrings

Why is this a thing? They look so faggy
>>
>>343581745
>"why can't everyone conform to my personal standards of fashion and beauty? How dare they do what they want with their body if I don't like it!"
>actually using "faggy" seriously
>>
>>343582139
u sound like a fag
u gay?
>>
>>343582139
nu-male detected
>>
It makes the most sense if the Nerevarine is a dunmer.
>>
File: 1464821153710.png (189 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1464821153710.png
189 KB, 500x418
Isn't the whole point of mantling the Nerevar is that it can be literally anyone?
>>
>>343582713
Sure, but the game makes the most sense with a Dunmer PC.
>>
>>343582494
I thought the point of the story was that it didnt matter who you were and can't you skip most of the prophecy by grabbing keening and sunder and just finishing the game from the start
>>
>>343583172
The thing is, while the main quest allows for any race, some factions simply don't make any sense whatsoever unless you are Dunmer. For example for the Temple even a Cyrodiil-born Dunmer is stretching it, but with any other race it enters full retard territory especially if you go all the way and become Archcanon. Do you think a xenophobic culture would allow a Khajiit or a Nord to become their Pope?
>>
>>343583945
So why not just roleplay the other races correctly when you play?
>>
>>343582494
>>343582713
>>343583028
>>343583172

At what point are you "supposed" to kill Vivec?
>>
File: Baka.png (3 KB, 99x99) Image search: [Google]
Baka.png
3 KB, 99x99
>>343584421

When you beat the game, you double baka.
>>
File: morrowind.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
Is there a graphic overhaul mod for Morrowind that would be suitable for a first playthrough?
>>
>>343584293
Because everything about the game screams it was written with the idea of cultural assimilation in mind. Conflicting loyalty, whether to stay loyal to the Empire and its values, or get sucked in and go native, adopting fairly radical views. Limiting yourself to the neutral parts would leave you with very little content, unless you are really okay with mostly just dicking around and ignoring most of the story and faction questlines.
>>
>>343584703
Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul is a big pre-packaged compilation of a ton of mods to update the games graphics that doesn't really mess with anything else mechanically. It also has a bunch of different configurations you can choose during installation to suit your tastes.
>>
>>343576830
>not crafting custom Levitate+Icarian Jumps
>>
>>343579847
Yes, it's very common
>>
>>343580951
It was beautiful for the time, there had never been an RPG like it.

It's 14 years old.
>>
File: morrowind.gif (2 MB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.gif
2 MB, 425x319
>>343575158
>>
>>343585359
Morrowind Audio Overhaul is superior at this point.
>>
>>343576826
Avoiding combat is a big option that a lot of developers seem to have forgotten. Modern Bethesda games have become notorious for "You don't have to fight them now, but you will in 5 minutes" if not completely guaranteeing fighting. 24/7 action is pretty immersion breaking. I installed a bunch of scary mods and avoiding fights became a serious endeavor. Greater bonewalkers are fucking terrifying with tweaked lighting.
>>
>>343584703
>Morrowind
>can wear some clothing under armor
>added customization can make you look cool
>clothing can also be enchanted

>Skyrim
>you can equip either clothing or armor in a slot, never both
>enchanted clothing usually takes up multiple slots
>clothing gives no armor on it's own so good luck surviving more than a few hits
>equipping mixed amounts of light, heavy, and clothing gimps you more than helps

Gah I can't talk about it anymore, fuck you toddesda
>>
>>343581125
%100 correct
>>
>>343581198
It's not as big as you remember, trust me. It only seems huge because you have to walk everywhere.
>>
I once dreamed I was a nationalist seeking an independent Bitter Coast region.
Dreams are weird.
>>
Actually, if you start the game, stand on the ship, and let the game idle, the camera spins around you in 3rd person and you are a nord, interestingly
>>
>>343585359
thanks anon, I'll give it a try
>>
>>343577967
No joke that ultra-low Skyrim looks like RuneScape circa-2010
>>
>>343575158
It looks far too native to fit well with the narrative. The PC should be western looking.
>>
>>343586887
>Have to walk everywhere

Confirmed for not actually playing the game. There are so many ways to get around, but apparently practicing ingenuity or magic is too hard for people.
>>
>>343584703
Water color mod
>>
>>343587814
That was underwhelming, it looks kinda cool up close but it just looks like the vanilla game after 3 meters.
>>
>>343577967
>left: PC game released in 2016, max settings
>right: console game released in 4000 B.C., all settings set to minimum
>>
>>343582494
From seventh sign of eleventh generation,
Neither Hound nor Guar, nor Seed nor Harrow,
But Dragon-born and far-star-marked,
Outlander Incarnate beneath Red Mountain,
Blessed Guest counters seven curses,
Star-blessed hand wields thrice-cursed blade,
To reap the harvest of the unmourned house.
>>
>>343584703
morrowind grraphic extender is a must for that sweet far lands view distance
>>
>>343588161
Your point being?
>>
>>343588395
>Outlander Incarnate
The Nerevarine is an outlander by definition. Why does it make more sense for him to be an outlander dunmer than any other race? They're pretty clear that outlander dunmer are just that, not really part of dunmer society or culture.
Everything suggests the Nerevarine is supposed to be something new.
>>
What is the worst great house and why is it House Redoran?
>>
>>343588635
Well, I tried to explain my point here
>>343583945
>>343585117
In Morrowind you can be accepted by Dunmer culture. Recent political changes justify other races being there, but nothing more than that. When you do some of the more traditional factions, like House Redoran, or the Morag Tong, logically you should get rejected or denied advancement after some point. Sometimes the young age of the player is emphasized. But that really doesn't change anything for a non-Dunmer. An Argonian will always be an Argonian, a Redguard a Redguard, regardless of age. A young foreign Dunmer though just might get there with a heavy dose of patriotic brainwashing. Which is pretty much what you get from these factions.

This is not a culturally neutral game. Just compare it to Oblivion or Daggerfall, no matter what quest, what faction, what anything you pick, any race makes equal amount of sense. For Morrowind you have to start jumping through so many hoops to justify the logic behind many of them that it becomes downright ridiculous.
>>
>>343589973
Yeah, I may have been taking that post too literally. The Nerevarine, in the sense of being the reincarnation/avatar/spiritual successor of Indoril Nerevar, should be any race. No player character should be able to ascend to archcanon of the Tribunal Temple, or the leader of House Redoran, or the like. An outlander dunmer being the archcanon makes no more sense than a khajiit. It's like arguing that since I'm a human I'm eligible to be pope, even though I basically don't exist as far as the Catholic bureaucracy is concerned.
That's been a weak point in Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind. It still doesn't make sense in Oblivion, not because of race, but because of the triviality in becoming archmage.
>>
>>343590818
I agree with you on that. Although I would still argue that it's not rare to see descendants of immigrants rediscovering their roots and becoming prominent nationalist leaders. Rising to the title of Archcanon or Patriarch definitely doesn't make sense in the timeframe of the game, but an outlander Dunmer could eventually become a similar figure, especially because of the Empire's recent, more aggressive moves at gaining power over the province. It is a pretty similar situation to the whole Britain-India conflict.
>>
>>343581125
I love playing as this guy.
>>
>>343587294

Wait. What.
>>
>>343591840
Maybe, but you're talking about (dare I say it) populism. The Elder Scrolls faction system works by ingratiating yourself to the bureaucracy, which is far more closed-mindedly political.
I could almost see the Nerevarine, victorious from Red Mountain and having humiliated the Tribunal, going on to cut through the Temple bureaucracy and starting some sort of reform movement. But that's not really what happens. Really the further-reaching consequences of Red Mountain never seem to have been explored, like the meteor and volcanic eruption were their narrative cop-out.
>>
>>343593331
I concede, I really have no counter-argument to that. The ingratiating way of becoming part of the Temple could still work, IF it was limited to a post-mq Dunmer Nerevarine, and made clear that the Temple was exploiting the Nerevarine's general popularity and national symbol status, without giving him any genuine power. But again, this is not what happens, so the point is moot.

The cop-out already started with Tribunal, the eruption and zombie apocalypse was nothing more than Bethesda's not particularly subtle way of letting us know that they don't give a fuck about what happens in Morrowind and we should just forget about it. It's a damn shame, the only other place with similar potential is Summerset.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.