[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>aim hacks >wall hacks >having ultimates at all Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1170x1011) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1170x1011
>aim hacks
>wall hacks
>having ultimates at all
Why do people care about competitive Overwatch?

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1404000469570.png (738 KB, 733x950) Image search: [Google]
1404000469570.png
738 KB, 733x950
>>343572474
>competitive Overwatch

And thats where you fucked up OP

Blizzard and Competitive games don't go together. But if you got enough dosh you can force it.
>>
It's a game that seems to try to give everyone their moment with their OP ults that will give them a few kills every now and then, matchmaking is fixed so that you don't get discouraged from getting stomped too often, ridiculous hitboxes. What else am I missing?
>>
>>343572474
Not Clayton...eeh eeh ooh ooh ah...Not Clayton!
>>
>>343573348
>matchmaking is fixed
loving this meme
What percent winrate do you think you'd have in a perfect matchmaking system that matches people of equal skill?
>>
>>343573348
>matchmaking is fixed so that you don't get discouraged from getting stomped too often
58% here, down from 70%, feeling really discouraged
>ridiculous hitboxes
the hitboxes are fine it's the favor the shooter shit that makes shots feel like bullshit
>>
>>343573507
100%
>>
Imagine if they just gave every hero another fun ability instead of le ebin q press
>>
File: 1294851945105.gif (647 KB, 188x253) Image search: [Google]
1294851945105.gif
647 KB, 188x253
>>343572474

>aim hacks
>wall hacks

>Being unable to tell the difference between in-game mechanics and external cheating software.
>>
File: tumblr_o9hqnby9Lo1takt7zo1_1280.jpg (418 KB, 1157x1636) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9hqnby9Lo1takt7zo1_1280.jpg
418 KB, 1157x1636
I'm already bored of overwatch

I would play if they put in new maps

Comp mode isn't any different from the regular shit we've had before and the gold guns take too much effort. The loot crates are bullshit and I'm happier to have dropped it than the small number of my friends who insist on still playing it.

I don't know how long it's gonna last but I'm suprised more people aren't already bored of it.
>>
>>343573629
it'd be too confusing and wouldn't guarantee Christopher Chromosome gets at least some kills
>>
Garbage game for garbage people.

They wanted the Team Fortress/Call of Duty audience and both are extremely vapid, toxic fanbases.
>>
>>343574232
but you sound pretty vapid and toxic...
>>
>>343574375

Everyone is.

By virtue of existence we are all annoying pieces of shit. I mean, if our parents didn't toilet-train us we would all just be shitting and throwing it around.

Just saying.
>>
File: 2957641skas0ramst.gif (221 KB, 141x173) Image search: [Google]
2957641skas0ramst.gif
221 KB, 141x173
what is this I hear about the enemy team getting a 24% dmg boost if lets say you are at 99% or are in overtime?
>>
I don't get it either.

Just go into quickplay and have a blast. Of all games to be taking seriously, Blizzard games are not one of them.
>>
>>343574669
25% oops
>>
>>343572474
Cause you can compete with other people?

Everyone operates under the same rules, there's nothing another player is capable of doing that you aren't able to do yourself, and thus there is room for competition.

What's do hard to understand?
>>
>>343574669
t-that's not true... right?
>>
>>343574657
Not true.

I had highly neglectful/abusive parents.

Learned to use the toilet on my own at eight years old. Just got tired of walking around in shit.
>>
>>343574828
I sure hope not
>>
>>343574796
we are out aiming the enemy team and keeping them off the point when suddenly:
>"THE DRAGON CONSUMES YOU"
>team kill
Free point cap just because hanzo ran around out of site for a while
>>
>>343574657
projecting pretty hard there mate
>>
Was Clayton's death the most disturbing death done by Disney up to that point?
>>
>>343574886

....what?

Were they on meth or something?

I mean, I knew a family like that when I was younger and they just constantly stunk. It's like, "your dad bought you a bike but he didn't tell you how to shower? The fuck is going on over there? "
>>
>>343574886
>learned to use the toilet on my own at eight years old.

wut
>>
>>343574669
I can't find any proof anywhere
If you have some please share, because if it's true it's some serious bullshit
>>
>>343575059

It's not a matter of projection when you've gone through a thing called life.

Millenials just attribute things to a person rather than what they've been through.
>>
>>343575081
A dog got electrocuted to death (on screen even) in Oliver and Company. And Sykes got blown the fuck up on a train/ subway collision a few minutes later
>>
>>343575262
so are you younger than 15 or older than 35 since you're not a millenial?

fuck off
>>
>>343575119
>Were they on meth or something?

And every other drug out there. By what I know, my mother met my biological father and became pretty heavy with marijuana use. Then, for some reason, she started doing pot laced with like cocaine or something. This got her into crack, and then she started doing shit like meth.

My stepfather was just an alcoholic when he met my mom, but my mom got him to do all the stuff she was already doing.

>>343575120
I doubt I'm the only person that's had to self-learn the toilet.
>>
File: are you a 420.png (71 KB, 208x276) Image search: [Google]
are you a 420.png
71 KB, 208x276
>>343572474
>tfw when you thought op's pic WAS related
>>
>>343575438
I am sorry anon, that shit is bad. I hope you are doing good now
>>
>>343575358

>categorizing people by the year they were born rather than their thoughts and ideas

You bought into the idiotic "baby boomer" idea. Categorizing people by their age rather than their integrity.

You, can fuck off.
>>
>>343575267
Fuck I actually forgot about Oliver and Company.
>>
>>343575150
honestly I only got the info another overwatch thread on here. so I guess talk it with a grain of salt and yadda yadda
>>
>>343575547
Aside for PTSD (Flashback/Nightmare/blackouts that happen like once every few months) and a few physical scars, I'm actually pretty good.

I have a job, I'm aiming to finish college, and I have a girlfriend (Ten Years.)

Life is Life, shit sucks then we die. I'm going to try and enjoy it calmly while I'm here.

Clonazepam helps.
>>
>>343574669
That's completely untrue and retarded, you really think people wouldn't notice getting randomly 1 shot bodyshotted by hanzo and widow?
>>
>>343575560
You sound just like an upset millennial who can't have his way.

>IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN I WAS BORN, WHAT MATTERS IS MY SHITTY PERSONALITY

Doesn't work like that, you don't get to make the rules.
>>
>>343575739
that is good, I am happy for you dude. as someone who has gone through some shit and still is, I have really trying to live a more calmer life too
>>
>>343575560
yeah who cares about words let's just take them and apply our own retarded meaning to them then call everyone else who use the word as it is intended an idiot. Nevermind that there are already words to describe a certain kind of mentality or integrity, we can just ignore those and use other words that have other use instead for no reason

what a genius you truly are can you please kill yourself oh enlightened one
>>
>>343575943

You're simply trying to make an argument where there isn't one.

People should be judged by their actions and their words. Not at all by the place and time they happened to exist in, at one moment.

The rules are, what they are. Nobody can change that, least of all a small individual like me. Lest the get out the firehouse which I think is absolutely hilarious when it happens.

I'm no protester and no hero. The game of life is set as it is and it's not subject of me to change it.
>>
>>343575041
And?

Seriously what is the point you're trying to make here?

Just because there are different operations for success compared to games without ultimates or abilities on a cooldown does not mean OW is any less fair. There are no arguments to make that you are somehow mechanically disadvantaged in a competition where you are given the same tools as the other players.

A Hanzo ult is a lame example of unfairness considering it's one of the easiest to dodge. Your team was unlucky or uncoordinated to all die to it. Bad timing, being clustered in a tight space, etc. None of that is unfair.
>>
>>343576097

People are scared of direct objectivity. Saying something as it is creates fear, because the fantasy is much more attractive.
>>
>>343573763
>Hitting someone as Rein with charge through a wall is a game mechanic
>Symmetra's drones hitting people though the fucking walls is a game mechanic

You're trying too hard to defend this game. It's fun, but in NO WAY it is fit for playing competitively or to take it "seriously".
>>
>>343576341
>being an r-tard
There's an interesting rebuttal
>>
>>343576256
autism
>>
>>343575739
>>343575438

A M E R I C A
>>
Because Blizzard is paying them outrageous amounts of money to care about it

That said, I could care less about the idea of making Overwatch competitive, but not by much.
>>
>>343576446
listen here you gigantic faggot, words have a set meaning and if you use them wrong you're the retard. If you can't find a fucking way to describe a certain behaviour other than a meme word you've picked up from 4chan you probably aren't half as smart or witty as you think
>>
>>343575997
There's honestly only one thing I really regret. They popped out four other kids. I have four siblings that still live with them. Oldest is 15.

Last I saw, the oldest was really addicted to caffeine. Like, to the level of popping caffeine pills like candy. I worry I won't be there to stop her from getting worse.
>>
>>343575262
But you're a millenial.

Just stop throwing that meme word around like you know what it actually means.
>>
>>343576256
Ok, I see what you're getting at now. I thought you were trying to change the definition of the label of each generation. I agree with you, but there is a certain degree of truth to the stereotypes that they give us. A lot of us were raised by machines, constantly overstimulated, and that is something that no other generation has in common with us.
>>
>>343576639
The irony is that I'm in the south. Actually, it's specifically called the "Bible Belt."
>>
>>343576597
The word is retard you colossal faggot.
>>
>>343576909
Your society is fucked beyond redemption.
>>
League of Legends is an easy, casual game that somehow managed to be the center of the biggest E-Sports ever

I don't see how Overwatch can be any different
>>
>>343577094
You've turned out friendly discussion into a name calling match. I consider that a victory for myself. Good day
>>
>>343577249
Variety of characters and styles, and as shit as it may be, the bugs are kept to a minimum.
>>
>>343577234
Oh, dude. You have no idea.

If I wanted to, I could just stop taking my meds for a few days, walk into a disability office, tell them everything that's happened to me, give them a list of doctors I've seen, and then have a panic attack that bumps my heart rate to around 130, and then put on a bit of a show. I'd never have to work a day in my fucking life.

Do I want to do that? Hell know. Could I? It'd take exactly one fucking day.
>>
>>343576456
>waah there are bugs in a video game !!!
>>
>>343577337
You're a silly billy.
>>
>>343577515
He's an a-hole anon.
>>
>>343577515
Every game has bugs, but these are too blatant and actually impact gameplay on a regular basis.

Please stop trying so hard, it's not good for your blood pressure.
>>
>>343577487
Why not both?
>>
>>343577515
I'm getting sick of these blatant Blizzard shills in every thread defending the game every time someone posts what's wrong with it. It's getting ridiculous
>>
File: 1440621125903.png (728 KB, 964x768) Image search: [Google]
1440621125903.png
728 KB, 964x768
>>343577825
The only one of the two presented bugs that effect gameplay as regularly as you claim it does would be Symmetra's sentries doing bullshit.

I don't see Reinhardts charging at walls and getting kills on enemies on the other side, unless they've got a Widowmaker to cheese it for them.

And even then, the odds the Reinhardt will actually get a kill in that way is fairly low, and puts him at greater risk by taking the momentary stun into consideration.
>>
>>343575438
Most people learn at like 3 or 4 dude hahaha sorry you had shitty parents, but you learning to shit on the can at 8 is nothing to brag about. Its actually something I wouldn't tell anyone
>>
>>343578359
I've seen, so I know it exists.

I was playing with a friend, we saw it on the killcam and laughed our asses off.

It was fun at the time.
>>
>>343573507
People are confusing two concepts. Yes a balanced match of equally skilled players will be 50-50, but the thing is online games don't do that. What they do is find players who are due for a win, and due for a loss, THEN it attempts to match them with MOSTLY similarly skilled players, with an exception. The team due for a loss will receive lower skilled players on average, be that shit aiming, generally lacking experience, or just being an asshole.

Those matches where everyone wants to play the same character and the arguing starts right away? That's intentional. These online games factor much, much, more than a rank and your location into their matchmaking. They're not designed for maximum fairness, or even fun. They're designed to keep you coming back and they use the rare 5% of games you play where things are evenly matched, everyone is cooperative, and everyone has a good time as bait. They get you thinking "maybe if I get better my average experience will improve".

It won't. Sure the aiming might get better as you advance but you'll continue losing for the same reasons. The game decided you were due for a loss
>>
>>343572474
you can do it too retard
>>
>>343578067
Because if you're on disability, you can only make a certain amount per month before they take your disability payments away. I thinks it's like over $1,000 or something.
>>
>>343578675
>stating the obvious
Yes, we're all aware that we know it exists.
The point being made though was that it wouldn't be seen as actively as Symmetra's bug.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.