[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched the alien vs predator movie for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Your move old chap.jpg (212 KB, 834x590) Image search: [Google]
Your move old chap.jpg
212 KB, 834x590
So I just watched the alien vs predator movie for the first time and realized how bad ass the predators are.
What game best captures the feeling of "the hunt"? Sneaking, stalking the prey, etc.
Also let's discuss alien or predator related games.

Questions for those that want to answer them:
>fav alien/predator game? What's good about it?
>fav hunting game?
>what would be your dream hunting game?
>>
>>343562948
avp1-2
>>
>>343562948
Will answer some questions myself
>fav alien/predator game
Alien vs predator arcade
>what's good about it?
It's most likely the first stylish action game with freeform attack combos. You can play as predators or as humans, one of which fights aliens with her bare fists. It's ridiculous and that's why I like it.

>fav hunting game
I've only played monster hunter and some clones of that, but I think they're a bit dull and grindy. I'd have to say turok 2 had that hunting feel sometimes and it is thus my favorite.

>Dream hunting game
Something that would capture the feeling of hunting a dangerous and unpredictable animal. Probably similar to monster hunter, but less silly, less grindy, and with a more vulnerable player. I still like the concept of making equipment from animal parts, so maybe something with
>>
Predator Concrete Jungle
>>
>>343564529
>Predator Concrete Jungle
this one, played it on the xbox, it's pretty good
though the 2010 AvP is ok too
>>
Why would anyone in their right minds watch those movies?
>>
>>343563430
>>343563430
how is part 3? I just found out it exists. I remember the alien side of avp2 fondly.
>>
>>343563430
Indeed. Both are surprisingly good games. AvP2 has a pretty cool campaign for each of the factions (Aliens, Human marines, Predators), and they also play very differently.

Not to be confused with "Alien vs Predator" from 2010, which I haven't played and therefore can not comment on.
>>
The avp 2010 game was pretty good
Concrete jungle however is probably the best to fully get the experience of hunting humans
>>
>>343565140
console shit.
>>
>>343564798
First AVP was good shit, only brought down by poor writing. If they had an interesting/badass concept and put it in a jungle it would have been 10/10.
>>
Alien vs Predator 2 is to this day the best Predator game and best Alien game.

It also features the best mod ever created: AJL MOD R2 / AJL MOD R3

Also, the AVP movies are the WORST SHIT you can imagine. I hope their creators get fired and never make a movie ever again.
>>
>>343566249
lol the second movie dropped the ball so hard there will never be another
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.