[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For someone that has never played either version, would you recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Ttsbox.jpg (43 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
Ttsbox.jpg
43 KB, 357x500
For someone that has never played either version, would you recommend Twin Snakes or the original MGS for a first time playthrough?
>>
Original. But play Twin Snakes also. They're both canon.
>>
>>343558964
The only people who complain about Twin Snakes are people who never had a GCN and have to fall back on memes.

>Herro Sorid Snake, I m Mei Ring, me rikey you rong time.
>>
i only played twin snakes the cutscenes are really funny especially boss ones
>>
>>343558964
Just skip straight to mgs3 (subsistence) it's the only one worth playing
>>
Original easily
>>
>>343559047
>They're both canon

The only REAL answer.
>>
>>343558964
Original first.
>>
>>343558964
Both

Play MGS1 vanilla before Twin Snakes

There's this myth about Twin Snakes that's been around since it first came out that it keeps guard AI the same while introducing MGS2's new mechanics, breaking the game. But it's dead fucking wrong. Guards' line of sight alone is far greater in Twin Snakes than it was in MGS1 and makes the new mechanics a necessity.
>>
Voice acting in twin snakes is laughably bad but the graphics make up for it. Both are worth playing for sure
>>
the cutscenes in twin snakes are amazing.
>>
>>343558964
Original.
If you like it, play the GC version.
>>
the original is garbage compared to twin snakes

the cutscenes in twin snakes are fucking epic and overwhelm how bad the original is
>>
>>343560621
Doesn't Snake dance and flip on missiles and shit?
>>
OP, I played Twin Snakes recently and as my entry into the series.

I think you should play the original first. The shitty graphics lower your expectations and then pleasantly surprise you. TS looks amazing but the script feels sort of lame. That's my advice anyway.
>>
>Twin Snakes cutscenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP29E9MljaE
>>
>>343558964
Yes
>>
>>343561273
are you trying to tell me that's not amazing?
>>
File: mgs-vr.jpg (36 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
mgs-vr.jpg
36 KB, 425x425
This is the only one you need to play.

Fuck the main game, it's complete shit.
>>
As someone who recently played the original MGS... yes, play TS, it's pretty good.

Only play MGS if you care to experience the original, TS is better mechanically.
>>
>>343561459
>>343561073
>>343560621
>>343561273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRFNeGCsrk&ab_channel=TheHaddockbanker
>>
File: MGS1 vs MGS TS - docks.jpg (421 KB, 1273x443) Image search: [Google]
MGS1 vs MGS TS - docks.jpg
421 KB, 1273x443
>>343558964
No.
FUCK NO.

Twin Snakes is a god awful remake attempt, that's inferior to original in just about all possible ways:

-You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
-the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
-the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
-The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
-The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
-The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
-To be honest? The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. And the 3D models look waxy.

Play the original MGS1 at all costs!
Watch the cutscenes of TTS on YT, and laugh your ass off.
>>
>>343561704
as someone who started the entire series with Twin Snakes, I must say you are full of shit.

Had I not gotten PS2 + the original game some years later, I'd probably be calling all MGS fans some literal fags that like DMC-tier "cuhrazee!!" action shit.

TS' entire balance and style is literally ruined.
>>
File: TSOtaconPP.png (408 KB, 692x744) Image search: [Google]
TSOtaconPP.png
408 KB, 692x744
ANIME
>>
>>343561459
The story of MGS was a complete joke so who cares it was intentional of SK to poke fun on it, virgin "fans" got mad at it.
>>
File: 1435090410761.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1435090410761.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>343563265
>The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion.
>>343563265

>In the game with a walking tank

Your argument is invalid and where just to autistic to read the tone of the first metal gear

ie where every game after one went, because kojima ha the power to do it

you seem to think mgs is goo in the first place

its not, its a B game to the core
>>
>>343558964
Probably Twin Snakes because Miller is Liquid.
>>
>>343563424
>Muh gameplay
>In a metal gear game
>much less the first one

literally just a vehicle for kojima to tell his take on 24/american action movies

If you want REAL stealth gameplay you play Splinter Cell or Thief, or at least the third one with the substance dlc re-release shit
>>
>>343563424

Well you can't judge an entire frenchise with just one game.

>DMC-tier "cuhrazee!!" action shit.

STANDING

>TS' entire balance and style is literally ruined.

Disagree, it plays better than the original and nothing is ruined.
>>
>>343561670

>playing MGS for the gameplay

That said, I'm about 50% on VR missions, I hope the grey fox missions are worth it, also mei ling photography. (I was a bit disappointed with Naomi's 3d model)
>>
>>343558964
Original.
-TS may have updated graphics, but OG does atmosphere better with colors.
-The music in TS is also incredibly underwhelming compared to OG (though giving each boss their own theme was a neat touch).
-MGS2 mechanics both make and break this game; having the M9 and PSG1T, and FP aiming are nice, but the level design is mostly unchanged, meaning you can get rid of fucking everything before even making a step forward. Also, the roll breaks the Ninja and Liquid fights
-The torture sequence in TS is a fucking joke
-Ammo and (more importantly) Life start at max, making Meryl's breakout and Ocelot piss easy.
-I don't really mind the over the top cutscenes (MGS is pretty silly to start with), but the voice acting in TS is atrocious compared to OG.
-
>>
>>343559236
Yeah, it's not like the game has some massive problems with tone or anything.
>>
>>343563265
>The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now
It matches the art style of MGS2.
>>
>>343559724
The game is still a fucking cakewalk with the new mechanics.
>>
>>343567026
MGS2 looks better than TS the same way CV1 looks better than Simon's quest.
It uses brighter colors because 1) everything is orange and 2) it's daytime
>>
File: audrey.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
audrey.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>game comes out years after MGS2, on more powerful hardware
>somehow looks worse than MGS2
Explain this bullshit.
>>
>>343564924
>all levels of wacky are now ok
>who the fuck cares about tone, just shove jokes into every single cutscene
>>
>>343566952
Yeah, the original does
Twin Snakes fits the anime bullshit much better
>>
>>343561670
my nuh, i wouldn't be so hard on the main game, but vr missions is criminally underrated.
>>
>>343566952
Post the one of Snake jumping over the doorway.
>>
>>343567749
No, the original game is much more even. It has moments of humor like any metal gear, but it's reserved compared to the shit in TS.
>>
>>343566952
I personally think that Twin Snakes is Otacons highly exaggerated retelling of the stories.
>>
>>343566952
(yakety sax)
>>
>>343567051
2bf mgs's aren't difficult games to begin with
>>
>>343567993
This meme is as bad as saying Snake died in that tanker 2 years ago.
>>
>>343567958
Which is bad in a game with a walking roaring tank, a cyborg ninja, an otaku, a russian cowboy, and a minigun wielding shaman
The seriousness in MGS was always offputting as fuck to me and TS fixes that
>>
>>343568110
There's a difference between being easy, and breezing through extreme difficulty because they apparently didn't playtest a fucking thing.
>>
>>343558964
I've played both. Play the original then Twin Snakes.
>>
>>343568298
It was never TOO serious, it just wasn't turning every moment into a muh japanese animes.
>>
The overwhelming consensus will always be to play the original first, no matter what TS shitlords say.
>>
>>343568447
I feel TS fits MGS better
>>
>>343568298
have those wacky out of place objects in mostly realistic backdrops is a staple of the mgs series what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>343569575
And that's exactly my point, TS builds on that premise
>>
WHERE ELSE WOULD YOU FIND AN ENCLAVE OF TERRITORIAL RIGHTS ABOUT NUCLEAR THREATS IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY

THE SERIES IS RIDDLED WITH THE SYPHILLIS LEFT BEHIND BY ALBERT EINSTEINS INCREDIBLE SEXCAPADE IN ATOMIC SCIENCE, AND THIS IS THE MODEL OF HUMAN METTLE WE AWARD HIDEO KOJIMA, FOR HIS CREATIVE EXPLOSION. HIS AUTOSEXUAL MASTERPIECE. BRAVO GAMING COMMUNITY, BRAVO.

The Twin Snakes is ok.
>>
>>343569716
no it's tips the scale too far
suspense of disbelief and all that guff
>>
>>343570295
Suspension of disbelief is only about internal consistency
As long as internal consistency isn't broken too badly it's ok
Besides in a game with Psycho Mantis a few funny cutscenes are nothing
>>
>>343570632
but psycho mantis acts like a psychic soldier would act not like a wacky funny guy
>>
>>343570816
>put your controller on the ground
>you like castlevania don't you?
>HIDEO
>tries to make Meryl seduce you
He's literally dicking around half the time, I was laughing my ass off
>>
>>343559343
Sure, if you enjoy inferior stories and characters.
>>
Yes, if you're planning on playing the rest of the series. It's very similar in tone to that.

No if you only want to play the first one.
>>
File: mei_ling.png (251 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mei_ling.png
251 KB, 400x400
why does mei ling's accent completely ruin her sex appeal for me
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.