[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth picking up? Does it captivate the feeling of Mad Max?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Worth picking up?

Does it captivate the feeling of Mad Max?
>>
>>343556413
no.
>>
Yes but it's repetitive.
>>
>>343556413
probably the best open world game.
>>
no its shit
>>
>>343556413
Reddit loves it.
It's okay.
Devs stopped supporting it a month after release.
The devs were active on reddit.
I made super threads for bug fixes, tried to talk about what needs changing, end up getting banned by admins because they loved the game as it was.
They all got ass blasted when I said the devs dont give a fuck about them or their game, just the money.
I was proven correct.
Don't support them.
Buy it from g2a or torrent it.
>>
People really liked it, evidently. I found it to be too boring and repetitive to continue playing for more than a couple hours which is weird because I normally like open world games. This one just seemed like it as nothing but driving around in the dirt from hideout to copy/paste hideout doing the same thing every time.
>>
Yes

Yes

But not for more than like... $30
>>
>>343556413

no

not even neo mad max
>>
>>343556585
Yeah, the best open world game is full of contrived missions that are inherently redundant in their nature. The inability to actually explore an atmospheric mood around you. Some of the worst and most simplified fighting mechanics in any game to date.
It's a mess.
The devs also said it would have procedural generated zones out side of the main area.
They lied. It's just storms and you either die or fly off the map.
>>
>>343556413
less than 10 bux on a certain keysite :^)
>>
It's okay. Just repetitive as hell. For 20 it's worth it. But I just torrent that shit.
>>
>>343556682
>People really liked it,
Not even fucking NeoGaf praises this shit like reddit does.
Let's be real.
The only reason it's talked about still is because of all the controversy around reviewing it.
It's a DECENT game.
That's it.
>>
>>343556656
Could you elaborate on what you think needs changing?
>>
File: 2015-10-16_00003.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-16_00003.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
>>343556510
This. Also photo mode is tits.
>>
Chasing convoys is by far the most enjoyable part of the game, but once you do them all you cant repeat them.

In general it takes a few hours to get decent; at first your car is pathetically underpowered and everything is just a chore. Also the seabed location in the first half of the game sucks. Its only later you actually get wide open areas and tarmac roads that actually feel like locations that would be in the movies.

Also I wish there were actually war rigs in the game, they appear as a couple of wrecks and thats it. Some convoy routes involving war rigs would have been aweome, or better yet driving one. The closest you get is a small flatbed truck which is a cool mission but you feel pretty vulnerable.
Its cool that eventually you can actually drive the Interceptor Pursuit Special, but the game mechanics are built around using Chumbucket so driving solo is annoyingly redundant, especially since you're hear him saying the same lines over and over and over.
>>
>>343557230
The fighting system.
The countless number of game breaking glitches that are still being found and reported on reddit/steam community to this day.
Add in all of the content that was promised to be in the game.
Make it so cars can actually be customized to strengths and weakness's. One of the biggest selling points was car customization but at the end of the day everybody uses the same parts because it's what's best.
The stats stack in static fashion.
New part is just stat + instead of stats + and stats - creating trade off.
The side quests are uninspired and feel exactly like the side quests from the earlier assassins creeds.
Very tedious, repetitive, and actually makes the game less fun because the more side quests you do the less enemies are in a given region.
I could keep going but I don't really want to.
This game was a fuck up.
>>
>>343557230
>>343557685
Oh yeah. The most fun part of the game is easily convoys, but those are a one and done deal unless you don't pick up the item.
Repetitive level design at its finest.
Ironically the most inspired and fun places to be, in terms of atmosphere, are in the beginning of the game.
The dark and edgy progression is more of a forced trope than it is a glimpse into a deadly universe.
It's all very forc fed.
>>
Does anyone reckon it will be part of the Xbox one sales?
>>
>>343556413
repetitive as fuck but it's pretty inexpensive now so I'd go for it. The driving and road combat is pretty cool in first person.
>>
I'll give it this; the storms look incredible. They really nailed that from Fury Road, also the super-saturated-looking cartwheeling explosions of wrecks are very evocative of Fury Road.

I think they may have gone a little to far in a few places though - none of the movies have quite so many mutilated bodies, the gory corpses in every settlement and on scarecrows felt a bit out of place.
>>
File: gaben.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
gaben.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
>>343556413
despite what some of these anons are saying I can give you an unbiased honest review I completed it (platinum) a few weeks ago.
one anon said that the hideouts are copy paste, this is bullshit every one is unique and that includes the 300+ random scavenging locations.
each region feels different and has a different environment, though still all sand and dirt mainly.
car combat is fun, but only the convoys are the real fun and if you wipe them out they don't respawn.
the game is about accumulating scrap to pimp your car, that is essentially all you are doing, other than the meh story missions.
car can become OP late game, as well as weapons.
combat is banham style but actually brutal. it's ok.

apart from that I would say visually it is beautiful and apparently perfectly optimized on PC even toasters can run it well. though I was getting some horrible fps drops on PS4.

I would say give it a playthrough, it is fun, but can get a bit boring mid late game. story is short and you can go at your own pace so, build your car and keep the story for when you feel you want to move on in the game.
>>
>>343558814
>I think they may have gone a little to far in a few places though
They didn't go far enough.
You are one of thew nu max fags
Watch the Road Warrior.
This game has nothing to do with mad max.
>>
>>343557685
>end of the day everybody uses the same parts because it's what's best.
well not exactly try getting across the desert with full armour and ram on.
I ended up just taking my armour and rams off, decreasing my weight and increasing speed, until I was about to have a battle then just put them on from the menu. which was pretty cheesy really.
>>
>>343558838
>one anon said that the hideouts are copy paste, this is bullshit every one is unique and that includes the 300+ random scavenging locations.
This is 90% untrue.
>each region is different
>all sandy though
yeah good shit dude
>combat is banham style but actually brutal
yeah pressing and holding m1 is so brutal dude
so brutal.
Fuck the fuck off.
None of your point apply to this game.
>>
I thought it was fun but very repetitive, early game base building is boring as fuck as you need 4 parts for each thing but they are necessary really, later game each build requires one less piece in each area, making last area easy.
If you do get it, lower the threat level to 0 in the first area.
Menus are a bit clunky, upgrading Car/Max is annoying as you get put back a screen after each purchase.
The artefacts are pretty cool, and will build the world, tell you what max/the world went through.
Driving is pretty weighed and sluggish at the beginning but getting upgrades make it much better. and Car battles are fun as fuck.
Do the secondary missions, they tell good stories, open up some cool areas that you'd miss if you just do main missions.
Late game you get some pretty awesome cutscenes.

Though the game was obviously rushed, it was still fun, and Looks absolutely Beautiful in high settings.
also there's cool little things from the first movies in the environment that are nice and lore building.
>>
>>343559131
Fuck you I grew up watching those movies on VHS, none of those movies had thousands of bodies strung up like a WH40k wet dream.
>>
File: 1467025333672.gif (2 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1467025333672.gif
2 MB, 260x195
>>343556413
They thought that Fury Road is what Mad Max needed to be.
>>
>>343559235
Congratulations on doing the same thing as everybody else and proving that their is no real customization.
This game only has one good part.
First person driving.
>>
>>343559306
>none of those movies had thousands of bodies strung up like a WH40k wet dream.
Yeah, because they totally didn't hang bodies on their cars, or drag slaves through the dirt with their cars.
The game is TRYING to be edgy and dark.
The movies are simply just brutal.
You don't know how to read or review.
Fuck off.
Man children fuck.
>>
>>343559435
Fuck me? Fuck you.
>>
File: 1447632989635.jpg (125 KB, 600x961) Image search: [Google]
1447632989635.jpg
125 KB, 600x961
>captivate the feeling
>captivate

LEARN
HOW
TO
USE
WORDS
>>
>>343559529
>I have nothing to say because I lack the skills to observe something without an emotional bias
You're really just a pathetic lump of flesh complaining about the sensory input you subject your self too.
Fucking kill your self useless twat.
Learn to be constructive.
You're not.
>>343559703
>man children
>capable of anything
>>
File: itcrowd-moss-office.jpg (43 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
itcrowd-moss-office.jpg
43 KB, 570x300
>>343559248
you are a real cock monger aren't you. did you go to every hideout and scavenging location?
if you did, like I did, you will know no two are the same. yeah, like any game, they use the same assets, like a chainlink fence, or a heater or barrels but they are all in unique locations, with there own layouts etc, and every hideout has it's own vibe to it.

each reigon is different, like the dunes has sand, so does the dump, but one is a duneland, one it a trash site. sea bed, roads, sulpheric are etc...all different.

and yes the combat is brutal, you didn't see batman put someone in a sleeper and snap their neck, or smash their head against a wadd and break their neck, or impale them with a thunderpoon and kick them into a crowd turning them all into bacon bits.

actually play vidya and stop shitposting faggot, you haven't even played the game, it was probably too complicated for you.
>>
>>343559703
thick!
>>
>>343559895
Is this a copy pasta?
>it was probably too complicated for you.
Sick copy pasta.
>>
File: 20160615223611_1.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160615223611_1.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
it's alright

great landscapes and skyboxes, car combat is fun

the world though doesn't have any personality. some people have neat costumes taken from the movie but almost the entire story revolves around IF YOU DO THIS YOU CAN GET AN UPGRADE FOR YOUR CAR

also a game where max repeatedly says "i'm not your errand boy" before doing another fucking errand

the worst though is chumbucket, an npc at your side who talks in an obnoxious manner, and is never quiet. if you are with him, and you are walking around or even god forbid trying to explore the vast world, he will urge you to go to the mission and wonder out loud why you are so slow. anything something pops up in the map he'll tell you you should go to it. it's a game that has no faith that you have any idea of what to do and it always assumes you are bored and need another carrot on the stick between missions.

still, it's alright. i enjoyed racing through the desert and it was fun. i'd give it a 6/10. if you're a fan of mad max and open world games you might enjoy it but it's pretty mediocre and bland overall.
>>
File: 20160403222932_1.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160403222932_1.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
>>343560192
also it's optimized really well.
>>
>>343559703

Nice.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.