[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neglected fanbases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: stardew.png (525 KB, 752x1020) Image search: [Google]
stardew.png
525 KB, 752x1020
Stardew Valley capitalized on the Harvest Moon fanbase having been neglected, and in some ways Undertale did the same to the neglected Mother fanbase. And then there's Mighty No. 9 coming from the lack of new Mega Man games.

What other game series have cult-like followings that have been neglected?
>>
Metroid - Axiom Verge tried capitalizing on it

and F-Zero
>>
>>343550152
Hmm. Metroid is a good one. There is a wealth of indie metroidvanias to choose from though.

F-Zero, sure, it sucks that there hasn't been a new one, but I doubt it has as much of a fanbase and mythical status as Mother.
>>
File: Snowboard_Kids_Box.jpg (17 KB, 256x187) Image search: [Google]
Snowboard_Kids_Box.jpg
17 KB, 256x187
I really want there to be a 3 to this. Also, no, that abortion on the DS doesn't count.
>>
Dark Souls capitalized on the neglected Mature Zelda fanbase.
>>
>>343550432
Zelda II, maybe...

cause that's the only action RPG zelda
>>
We have had Story of Seasons come out less than a year before Stardew Valley, and they've been releasing almost yearly Harvest Moons before that.

All Stardew Valley did was make a good game in the "genre" for the first time in a good 15 years.
>>
>>343550546
No, I'm referring to OoT Zeldas and beyond.
>>
>>343549793
I hope this game gets a physical release, on any platform, preferably portable. I'd love to buy it, but I'm a strict physical only guy.
>>
>>343550546
>tfw still no z2 sequel
>>
>>343550707
>"I'd love to buy it, but I'm retarded"
>>
When is it coming to consoles?
>>
>>343549793
>Tfw used to want a new Plok game
>And then they released the webcomic
Some things need to be buried.
>>
There was a new Simcity but it was shit, so Cities Skylines capitalized on that.

Banjo Kazooie and 3D platformers in general have Yooka-Laylee.

Same thing with RCT and Planet Coaster.

Something without a savior is Zoo Tycoon.
>>
Well, Indivisible straight-up said it was inspired by Valkyrie Profile so I guess they capitalized on that fanbase since there hasn't been a jRPG with gameplay like that since 2.
>>
File: 1263943371084.png (749 KB, 512x1280) Image search: [Google]
1263943371084.png
749 KB, 512x1280
- Arena shooters, actual fucking arena shooters where only your personal skill matters and not arbitrary limitations like this class is better than that class, or needing x teammate to do y so you can z.
- Non-meme platformers. IWBTG fucking ruined this for everybody.
- CUHRAYYZE hack and slash games, at best we have to hope and pray the next Devil May Cry game isn't full of FUCK YOU.
- Literally anything requiring skill.
- 3D Adventure/Platforming (Banjo/Mario 64) has fucking died to a wave of shovelware and Legos. Not that theres any short supply of these games but jesus christ they're all awful.
- Tactics style games have dried up as well, except for like 30 remakes and ports of Disgaea.

At least we have japanese doujin game makers to help with the fucking dry spell of good shit. They still make a lot of cute platformers, puzzle games, and tactics clones. They still all haven't quite gotten the hang of 3D, but the few that do are really impressive.
>>
>>343551275
>Something without a savior is Zoo Tycoon.
I wish there was an attempt to make a game out of this, hell Operation Genesis 2 would be a blessing too.
>>
>>343550707
Are you retarded?
>>
>>343552374
It would explain his shit taste if he's only ever bought things that had physical copies.
>>
>>343550707
Do you not buy any games at all, except like 3DS?

Cause even on consoles, you buy a box and a disc, and then the content gets downloaded from a server.
>>
>>343550570
Oh is that all????
>>
>>343551275
Why are the yooka-laylee characters faggy reptile things though and not normal non-perverted mammals. Are they trying to steal the autistic pervert Spyro fandom?
>>
>>343550570
>All Stardew Valley did was make a good game in the "genre" for the first time in a good 15 years.

Well ya you dummy.
>>
File: 1432726053007.png (117 KB, 680x528) Image search: [Google]
1432726053007.png
117 KB, 680x528
>>343550707
>>
someone please give us lost planet (1/2) and ex troopers fans something new. co-op mandatory
>>
>>343549793
>Stardew Valley capitalized on the Harvest Moon fanbase having been neglected
No, they just made a Harvest Moon clone with one dimensional characters exclusively for PC. Of course fags like you were going to buy it.
>>
if you think even half of the people who make up the undertale fanbase have even played earthbound, let alone the rest of the mother series, you're seriously deluded
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.