[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ark Survival Evolved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 400px-SotF_Launch.png (3 MB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
400px-SotF_Launch.png
3 MB, 1600x800
So Ark's only 17 dollars and wanted to know if it's worth getting.
>Is it fun?
>Repetitive?
>Hackers?
>>
Please anyone.
I need to know if this game is fun or not.
>>
It's one of the worst games in that genre
>>
>>343548758
How so?
>>
I have mixed feelings about it. It basically PUNISHES you for playing solo. You cannot neglect your base and animals(who need to eat). What I would recommend is playing single player or PVE (no pvp) servers and play at 20x speed servers. Once you understand the crafting system, the taming system, the building system, and all the unusual quirks then try PvP.

What I like: Base building, dino pets/mounts, one of the prettiest looking open world games, 25x speed servers are good
What is shit: PVP is clunky, you MUST partner up, your body stays when you are logged out, your base must defend itself when you are logged out. Vanilla servers are so slow.
>>
>play bf4 with solid 60 fps on ultra
>rust on high 60 fps
>play this game on lowest settings...
>10 fps

Game is shit senpai
>>
>>343548758
wrong, like seriously wrong.

ARK complainers are usually either pessimistic /v/ trolls or people who have spent about 1500 hours on the game, who now have exhausted almost everything their little unimaginative minds can bear and start shitting about the game for its 3 and a half bugs.

>Fun?
basically, a very good alpha game with an insane amount of content, lots of room for creativity. It has a few bugs, but they are all getting patched in the process - the devs are very active on this one.

>Hackers?
I haven't met a hacker, but there can be; my number 1 advice is you do not go to official servers. seriously.
Do Not Go To Official Servers.
ARK is all about who you play with and there's a great solution to finding good people - there are plenty of *advertised* private servers, by advertised I mean ones with a special steam page - or commercials on reddit or so, they usually have active admins and community guildlines, along with nice people.

>choose either PvE, PvP or RP
>search for a server (playark.reddit or ask in steam forums) or see advertised servers and pick by whichever sounds best for you
>play

Repetitive? there's grinding indeed, if you're part of a tribe it feels less annoying. I'd recommend playing in higher rate servers so you don't have to actually grind.

Hope I helped.
>>
>>343550883
Rust does everything ark tried to do but better and still gets better updates. It just doesn't have le epic wacky dinobuddies.
>>
>>343550883
Also forgot to say you need a good machine, otherwise I wouldn't bother. game basically not fun if you're not playing on a 970 or 970m etc.
>>
>>343546363
One problem I have is that all the mobs feel like damage sponges and using most guns is like hitting them with wet paper.It felt like the metal pike was the only thing did damage but if you try to pike a rex that's not gonna end well.
That said I haven't played in a while so maybe that's changed.
>>
>>343551005
>rust does everything better
lol
implies rusts terribly bland gameplay, building systems, lack of content, lack of a modding community actually makes it comparable to ARK, despite being around for ages now.
>>
It's pretty good for an >open-world early-access survival game with a gimmick
It has a good amount of content and gets regular updates with actual content and bug fixes
The modding community is decent
But it runs like ass, the base settings for things like taming and harvesting and shit are balanced around HUGE groups of people cooperating (you can adjust the sliders beyond their normal limits to correct this), and even though it's REALLY good for what it is, it's still an early access open-world autism survival sim with dinosaurs as a gimmick.

It's definitely worth the price at 50% off or whatever, but be sure to play with friends or some sort of multiplayer group otherwise it's gonna be pretty crap

And for the love of fuck, turn up taming speed by 10x or greater
There is NO need for you to spend hours taming any of these creatures, even as a large tribe.
>>
it's worth getting assuming you have a gtx 1080 because it runs worse than any other game on the market https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCYoH301SAE holy shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.