[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man I just don't get zelda. Am I the only one who could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 21
File: zeldadowngrade.png (2 MB, 2155x638) Image search: [Google]
zeldadowngrade.png
2 MB, 2155x638
Man I just don't get zelda. Am I the only one who could just not get into it? Everything about it seems so babbys-first tier. The story alway seemed lame and uninteresting to me, and the worlds are just bland and boring, you couldn't name a more generic "fantasy" setting if you tried. Even the widely praised OoT and MM on n64 just aren't fun to me.

Anyone else just not understand the love for zelda? I mean, I could see people liking it, but some of the insane diehard fans and collectors and faggots with triforce/zelda pixel heart tattoos just seems so out of whack for what the games are.
>>
>>343542837
Wow its almost as if people like different things
>>
>>343542837
>shitposting
Great thread OP.
>>
>>343542837
No, Zelda is stale and boring at this point. This is exactly why people are so excited for Breath of the Wild.

If the old formula was good, people would be bitching about BotW like they bitch about Federation Force and Color Splash.
>>
>>343543295
But BotW looks like PG-13 version of Far Cry/Skyrim so far
>>
>>343542837
Was never a big fan myself, but there are worse fantasy settings. The whole design in the games have always been pretty great, as well as the puzzle segments, enemy variety, and overworld. And the gameplay has never been anything but charming and creative.

I've only actually played LttP, but I've seen enough of other titles to know that all holds true at least at first glance.
>>
>>343543295
but I mean, even BOTW looks like nothing special to me. If it didn't have "Legend of Zelda" as a prefix no one would be excited for it. It looks visually like an indie game, and the gameplay is noting new, and the physics make everything look like they're made of styrofoam. i think if it wasn't zelda, most people would be of the mind of something like, cuphead. "That looks neat but I can live without it."
>>
Do not try to understand nintoddlers. They are actually exited for the billionth entry in their favourite jumping italian man saves the princess series.
>>
I mostly agree with you, but I personally very much enjoyed Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.
>>
File: chinese fisherman.jpg (1001 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
chinese fisherman.jpg
1001 KB, 2000x1333
>>343542837
>you couldn't name a more generic "fantasy" setting if you tried.
>>
File: ZoraGoronandDekuLink.jpg (48 KB, 498x1024) Image search: [Google]
ZoraGoronandDekuLink.jpg
48 KB, 498x1024
>>343542837
I agree with some of that, but I wouldn't say it's nearly as generic as a lot of other fantasy settings, expecially when it comes to races, Gorons/Zoras/etc. are a lot more fun than bog-standard tolkien races, even if they share a few traits
>>
>>343543990
*tips fedora*
>>
File: 1467160300801.png (742 KB, 674x705) Image search: [Google]
1467160300801.png
742 KB, 674x705
I like it, it seems to let you do a lot of things you wouldn't be able to do in most triple AAA games. It gives off that sense of adventure you know? You can battle, explore, cook, climb, and interact with the world-- and this is all I've seen from the demo and a couple threads.

I'm sure some early access games can do that as well, but they don't feel refined. Zelda BOTW is one of those games that seems to give the illusion of a living and breathing world. It's simply the adventure game I've been looking for, and hopefully it will live up to the my expectations. I've been dreaming of exploring a vast green plains without a sense of obligation or direction, and this game just does that.
>>
>>343545947
> it seems to let you do a lot of things you wouldn't be able to do in most triple AAA games
>You can battle, explore, cook, climb, and interact with the world-- and this is all I've seen from the demo and a couple threads.
im not even being ironic when i say you can do literally all of this in skyrim
> but they don't feel refined.
nothing about the zelda demo seemed "refined" in any way whatsoever. it looked like everything was styrofoam and coated in gasoline. giant boulders moved like golf balls, a slight gust carried an entire tree across a gravel pit where they erupted into flames when they brushed up againsed a small campfire.
>>
>>343546547
skyrim doesn't have climbing

not that it's a huge deal
>>
Wishlist thread?

Wishlist thread

Items
>grappling hook
>rocs cape/hover boots for limited flight
>pegasus boots/bunny hood for faster speed and higher jumps
>masks in general
>silver/gold gauntlets foot hand to hand combat/throwing shit
>bombchus
>boomerang
>bowstaff of some sort
>razor sword

Features
>property where you can store stuff
>happy mask salesman
>very dense forest
>big towns with fun mini games like bombchu bowling
>deeper npc interaction
>fun and engaging sword duels
>Zora and gorons to have actual towns and not some African nigger esque shit hut villages
>a labyrinth
>weapon/armor crafting/augmentation

Dreams
>dual weilding
>transformation masks
>fierce deity mask
>npc relationship building
>customizable property
>customizable armor/weapons (appearances)
>camping mechanic that is more than just sitting by a fire
>>
>>343542837
For clarity's sake, which Zelda games have you tried to play, OP?
>>
>>343547662
the original, ALTTP, majoras mask, and oot
>>
>>343547540
>goron rolling down a mountain

Never realized how much I want this
>>
>>343542837
>Downgrade
>Comparing a piece of 2D, painted concept art to in-game footage
What?
>>
File: Poe_Sisters_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Sisters_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>343542837
I don't like sword and sorcery/fantasy shit at all, but I always loved Zelda. It felt different to me. Always had a spark of magic in it. Specifically Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, which were my first ones.

I don't know, OP. Guess you had to have grown up with it. Or just be autistic.
>>
>>343546965
This
>>
>>343543605
>It looks visually like an indie game
Pffth, name a similar looking indie game. I want to see this.
>>
>>343542837
Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Link's Awakening have some of the most unique settings in the genre ever.
>>
>>343543440
Being cute and ez mode is part of the appeal
>>
>>343546547
>a slight gust carried an entire tree across a gravel pit

I honestly don't know if you're trying to be serious or not m8, but a fucking tree shrub is not an entire tree or at least what your words are trying to make it out to be.

Again, no idea if you're serious because that's literally shitposting right there.
>>
I couldn't ever get into Zelda either OP. The only game I've really been able to stomach is the original but once it moved to 3D I couldn't be bothered with the baby tier combat and puzzles.

BotW looks more interesting than the last few Zeldas but combat still looks super simplistic.
>>
>>343542837
The zelda series actually manages to inspire a sense of adventure and polished game design that is pretty much unprecedented. Where else can you find that type of game that combines an open world with the item usage, temples with puzzles etc today? I hated a lot of SS, but it still has a level of polish and just that IT-factor that can't be found anywhere else.
>>
>>343546547
I know the webm you're referencing. They were tree branches he cut off next to a camp fire, which got blown by a gust of wind that was so strong it was physically pushing Link backwards. The lit branches then set a whole field on fire where they triggered an explosion off camera.

If you're going to lie, at least don't make it so obvious.
>>
>>343547540
>Zora and gorons to have actual towns and not some African nigger esque shit hut villages

fuck off
>>
>>343542837
Of course it's the babby's first effect. The series has been around since the NES and a large part of /v/ probably grew up with it, so the magic comes from that. Granted, I played my first LoZ when I was 16 and still had fun with it, so what do I know?
>>
>>343544324
But Suikoden is cool.
>>
>>343551541
>I want races other than humans to only have a giant room with no culture/rooms/anything
>>
>>343542837
concept art vs gameplay
>>
>>343544493
Zoras are just mermaids. Gorons are just golems. Dekus are just tree-kin. I have seen these in other fantasy games.
It still has more imaginative races than Elder Scrolls and most games that just put cat ears on characters to call them beasts, though.
>>
>>343544324
What species are these birds?
>>
>>343549862
journey
grow home
rime
the witness
>>
>>343542837
There's nothing less generic than Zelda
>>
>>343543440
>M RATED GAMES FOR GROWN UPS LIKE ME
There's nothing that screams more "I am 13" than this
>>
>>343548272

its simple: if you dont like ALTTP, youre a casual
>>
>>343552530
lol, someone needs glasses.
>>
>>343549748
>Always had a spark of magic in it
>>343542837
it really comes down to this, what makes Zelda good is not easily explained. It has a magical quality to it.
>>
Well, the lore is unique and interesting, thats why people like it. Lore, not story.

Also, every Zelda that's copied the Oot formula has just made tge series stale, this is why people are excited for BotW, because it's a return to form, and more like LoZ. If we got another Oot clone, I'd skip it, as I am quite tired of the formula.
>>
>>343555245
nice retort, dorkus.

vintage baby reply though.
>Thing.
>LOL, Thing? I'd like to see thing.
>Here is several examples of thing..
>Lol, Nice try. Thing is wrong though despite the examples you just posted.
>>
>>343542837
Because it's actually a kids' game. Not sayng that this is bad in any way.
>>
>>343542837
Reply to this post if you <3 memes!
>>
>>343553923
I bet you saw Zootopia in theaters by yourself
>>
File: RiME-Trailer-PlayStaititon-4-1.jpg (331 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
RiME-Trailer-PlayStaititon-4-1.jpg
331 KB, 1600x900
>>343557336
I've seen all those games. I didn't think you deserved any further elaboration. Rime's probably the closest, still looks like shit.
Grow Home isn't an indie game, incidentally.
>>
>>343557779
!
>>
>>343543295
Goldman this complain gets under my skin.

No, you fucking moron. Zelda's problem is that it's the exact opposite of stale. Nintendo is so obsessed with innovation they refuse to just keep a good thing going. The Zelda games are if anything too different from each other, Skyward Sword in particular.

>b-but Link between Worlds is the same a Link to the Past
No, it's the same map. The actual gameplay is different.
>>
OP you left your sweater
>>
File: Reflecting.jpg (236 KB, 600x1596) Image search: [Google]
Reflecting.jpg
236 KB, 600x1596
>Everything about it seems so babbys-first tier.
How so? It offers more gameplay than ANY bethesda fantasy game? If you are referring to the story; no one cares about that, but we'll get to that at the end. If people wanted a grand fantasy epic, they'd watch GoT or LotR.

That's basically the point OP. It's a generic fantasy setting that doesn't bog you down with all the superfluous garbage other games like Dragon's Dogma, LotR, Skyrim, etc. dumps on you. But again, that's the point. They were aiming for "bare bones". The games where they shake this up the most, Skyward Sword and WW, appeal to a lot of people, but the majority of hardcore Zelda fans don't like either of those, particularly SS. Having the world be all sky or water, while neat in theory, just interferes with exploration and offers poorer gameplay. I think that's part why everyone is getting excited for this new one.

>>343556175
>Well, the lore is unique and interesting, thats why people like it. Lore, not story.
Pretty much, pic related. It's simple, basic, and iconic and recognizable characters and all of that is just what it needs to be to push the gameplay. Exactly how a videogame should be.
>>
>>343557875
I saw it with my family. I bet you don't even have a family.
>>
If I had a nickel for everytime some retard posts a picture of concept art, or an image that has been obviously upscaled and modified to look better, and posts it alongside the shittiest image from a youtube video they can find and then goes
WOOOOOOOW NINTENDO DOWNGRADE LITERALLY OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT HURRRRRRRRRRR

I would be a very very rich man.
>>
>>343557929
are you delusional? that looks just like BOTW, wtf. just with less bloom.
>>
>>343546547
Yeah that's what made the game fun. Another Skyrim doesn't seem like a terrible thing does it?
>>
>>343542837
This. I tried Orcarina of Time once. While I can appreciate what it did for things like controls and camera in early 3D games, I don't see what makes the series legendary. The dungeons aren't that complex or interesting, the characters aren't, the combat isn't, the story isn't, and the puzzles aren't either.

It's just one of those things that I don't 'get'
>>
You're supposed to enjoy Zelda as an epic poem, if you're trying to enjoy the games as run-of-the-mill action/adventure games, you will be disappointed.
>>
>>343542837
>babbys-first
Someone hasn't played the NES games.
>>
Zelda's genre went the same way open world games did. The novelty was cool and exciting at first 18 years ago but now it feels extremely stale and bland UNLESS company goes out of it's way to make the best game ever. Which, sadly, Nintendo didn't bother to do with last 2 mainline Zelda games.
>>
>Sipping hot cocoa pleasantly wrapped up in comfy snug blanket
>Slowly drift off to sleep
>I'm unboxing my NX, plugging in Breath of the Wild cartridge
>Blown away by awesome menu and cutscenes
>Paragliding around plateau and lighting fires and beating moblins up with their own severed arms
>Holy shit this is awesome Its better than sex Its better than OOT Its game of the century
>Reach edge of plateau
>"Its not safe yet to proceed Hero, you must turn around!"
>Okay guys I'll return later...
>Cruising through forest temple and beat the ancient colossus with my fire wand to god tier soundtrack
>Have now reached third temple
>"Ganons forces have descended and destroyed this temple Hero, this is all that remains"
>Huh thats kind of disappointing, have to backtrack to edge of map an-
>Entire rest of map is an ocean
>Endless ocean in all directions
>"Hero, you must collect these twenty pieces of the Triforce to defeat Ganon!"
>"Collect these 200 music notes to receive a chart you need to decipher!"
>what the fu-
>*Finglevi pops up and interrupts gameplay*
>"Heykoo Heykoo Listenpah, Fairy Master, I can decipher your chart for only 673 rupees each"
>"Fairy Master, I have determined a 93% chance that your wii remote is nearly out of batteries, shouldn't I repeat this or not? (X) Yes (_) Yes"
>"Fairy Master, I have determined a 93% chance that your wii remote is nearly out of batteries, shouldn't I repeat this or not? (X) Yes (_) Yes"
>wake up screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>343558403
What is this picture supposed to say
>>
What is Dragon Age, Dragon's Dogma and half a dozen Dungeons and Dragons games
Oh, and Elder Scrolls. Fuck off.
>>
>>343564794
Ganon reminisces about the first time he saw those children looking to him, and remembers the man he used to be.
>>
>>343542837
The only Zelda game I really love is LBW. That said, I can see why so many people go crazy over it. It's one of the greatest franchises in gaming. The worlds are, contrary to what OP said, fun to explore. The characters are charismatic. The music is phenomenal. They're just great experiences.
>>
>>343565346
(You)
>>
>>343542837
There is no way that image is not photoshopped. I have no idea where people are getting this bullshit images from.
>>
zelda stopped being good after twilight princess.
>>
>>343565829
One is concept art, the other is actual gameplay.
>>
>>343565829
It's a twitch stream. It had terrible quality compared to Direct Feeds.
>>
Played about half of MM on 3DS
Was my first time playing a zelda game
The concept is nice and well executed, but the gameplay is so basic that i just cant help but feel its made for 5 year olds (which it kind of is, and thats ok i guess)
Dropped it halfway due to it being boring and then i sold my 3ds
>>
File: 2016 and this popin.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016 and this popin.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>343566339
stop fucking shilling
LOOK AT THIS
IS THIS GOOD GRAPHICS??
lmao
>>
File: DKZ .webm (2 MB, 1280x644) Image search: [Google]
DKZ .webm
2 MB, 1280x644
>>343542837
Dark souls>>>>>>>>Zelda
>>
>>343566413
majoras mask was the most complicated zelda game of the series
full inventory of items
full inventory of masks
time travel mechanics (actual ones, not just split world)
all npcs on a calendar of events
branching quests
>>
>>343542837
>so babbys-first tier.
actually with TLoZ it is the opposite, kids couldn't really complete the game, well the average kid.
it's no where near babby tier as smash bros.
>>
>>343566687
The items in Majora's Mask are actually pretty anemic. They're replaced by the masks, not supplemented.
>>
>>343566678
Funny because the qebm you posted makes Zelda seem better. I loke both so it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>343542837
>comparing artwork to the actual game
i have never seen bait this fucking stupid
make bait great again
>>
>>343567062
I'm trying to make some bait, what boss in Dks should I use in the webm instead
>>
>>343561213
>Another Skyrim doesn't seem like a terrible thing does it?
..yes? it does? especially when it's even MORE casualized than skyrim was
>>
>>343561823
you mean the games that literally required you to read the guide, which then made them so easy that a braindead toddler could do them, because they were literal walkthroughs?
>>
>>343566963
it had the same items as ocarina of time. Boomerang/slingshot/hammer out and faerie sword / pictobox / bomb keg in
all the masks were just on TOP of that
and of the masks, you had:
>4 full alternate models with ability sets
>3 functional ability masks
>17 specific usage masks
>>
bland
generic
boring
uninspired
gamefeel

What other words are a red flag for a person being underage or stupid?
>>
>>343547540
seems like someone is Majoras Mask biased.
it is a pretty shit game anon
>>
File: 1466477270301.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2066) Image search: [Google]
1466477270301.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2066
>>343567172
okay how about comparing nintendo's prerendered bullshots they pretended was actual graphics quality to the actual game in all its glory?

>hthose trees
lmao
>>
>>343567180
Ornstein and Smough? Or some difficult boss while showing the character getting hit (a fair hit, not some Dark Souls 2 tier shit), and for Zelda use a boss that doesn't attack, like the water boss from twilight princess
>>
>>343563060
autism
>>
>>343567575
Aw, shit I remember that water boss. Sure it was easy, but fuck did it feel epic
>>
>>343542837

Wolf Link is popular with girls that want to get fucked by a cute hero and a cute wolf. I dunno.

All the old classic have obssessives. Mario's the same thing with people getting 1-up and peach tattoos and shit. Link just seems to hit some weird niche between fujoshi and co-dependants.
>>
>>343543440
>People conveniently forgetting that the first Zelda was opened world long before Skyrim/Elder Scrolls

you're retarded stop.
>>
>>343567442
Fairy Sword is just an upgrade to the sword, not a different item, the Pixtobox barely exists, and the Bomb Keg is just a bomb key. None of the new items are even as useful or fleshed out as bombchus or a fire rod. The boomerang, slingshot and Megaton Hammer are big things to take out, especially when they were working with a build that already had all those items made.
>>
>>343566464
>the way they turn the camera once the real heavy popins start to keep them out of view
kekus molekus
>>
>>343568136
They aren't conveniently forgetting. They are just too young to know about it.
>>
>>343558598
>>>/r/furry
>>
File: 1464717273372.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464717273372.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>343567172
>>
It's a comfy adventure game so I like it, especially windwaker
>>
>>343567546
wait, did you just seriously imply that no game has ever been bland, generic, boring or uninspired?
>>
>>343551981
Gorons aren't anything like golems outside of hacing a rock motif. They are more like dwarves. Fun loving, kind of dumb, everyone is your brother, live in the mountains, like to craft stuff.
>>
>>343568136
>le LoZ1 was open world
This meme needs to stop. There's plenty of perfectly reasonable arguments to justify the existence of BotW in its current state without having to stretch the definition of "open world" so thin it makes a sheet of paper look like an obese woman
>>
>>343568229
if the faerie sword doesn't count as an item, then the megaton hammer doesn't count as an item
theres no fire rod in ocarina of time

majora's mask has the same complexity from items without including any of its masks.
>>
File: 1466357450047.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2066) Image search: [Google]
1466357450047.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2066
>>343567572
>posting the edited version
>>
>>343569018
>le LoZ1 wasn't open world
Now that's a really bad meme.
>>
>>343567441
Zelda can easily be beat with a guide. You must be braindead.

>>343567572
Now how about the pictures that show areas with grass, and not from a huge distance away. Post those.
>>
>>343567575
>>343568048
Use Stallord where you're standing in front of him and he does jack shit
>>
File: acm 13.png (30 KB, 200x126) Image search: [Google]
acm 13.png
30 KB, 200x126
>>343568593
>baiting someone who is calling something else bait
i have never seen bait this fucking stupid
make bait great again
>>
File: how did we go from this to this.jpg (662 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
how did we go from this to this.jpg
662 KB, 1280x1440
>>343569242
TRULY THE POWER OF A "NEXT-GEN" CONSOLE
>>
>>343569242
HOLY FUCK

D R O P P E D
>>
>>343569018
How is it not?
>>
>>343551541
He's got a point.
There's no reason why the Zora shouldn't have a fucking Atlantisesque city.
>>
File: 1466572324005.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466572324005.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>343569417
even the areas without grass look like ass
its like a 1999 game lmao
>>
>>343567441
>required you to read the guide
This is how we know you were born in the N64 era.
>>
>>343568716
Not at all. Each of those words are used when people can't actually talk about a video games strengths or weaknesses. It's pretentious and vague.
>>
>>343569737
How would you know, you hadn't been born yet.
>>
>>343569737
I think the mountains look decent, but the grassy areas and all the fog/limited draw distance sucks ass
>>
>>343567572
jesus h christ that looks horrible
>>
>>343569737
looks as bland and empty as Skyrim
>>
>>343552479
>>>343544324
>they tie the necks of the birds to not make them allow to swallow the fish and let them hunt the fish, then extract the fish from their mouths and sell it.
this shit its The Flinstones tier.
>>
>>343542837
the entire game is a tutorial for three year olds
this applies to every game in the series

fuck zelda and the manchildren who gush over it

ocarina of time is not a 97/100 game, sorry
>>
>>343542837
>you couldn't name a more generic "fantasy" setting if you tried
The fact that it's not tolkien-esque at all makes it more original than 90% of fantasy fiction.
>>
File: 0003408033_10.jpg (171 KB, 996x1200) Image search: [Google]
0003408033_10.jpg
171 KB, 996x1200
>>343569473
That thing in the right looks familiar. It even has a volcano and flying city to the left
>>
>>343569789
How? They're pretty descriptive words.
>>
File: 9265164391_45a8b815ba_o.jpg (60 KB, 550x720) Image search: [Google]
9265164391_45a8b815ba_o.jpg
60 KB, 550x720
What was the last remotely non-linear Zelda?

I know in Ocarina you can do some of the adult temples in the order of your choice, but did that apply to WW, TP or SS?
>>
>>343571102
Skyward Sword was non-linear, in that you could do any dungeon after the first three when you wanted

But the only truly non-linear Zelda game is the original. Most of the dungeons you can complete without needing an item or two.
>>
>>343569351
>>343569515
To put it simply, the term is made for modern games, and retroactively assign it to a game on the NES just to make a point is asinine.

Even if we ignore the fact that open world games are by and large 3D, the biggest requirement for an "open world" is just that, a large open space the player can move through seamlessly through, and since the overworld of LoZ1 is separated by screens and the constant loading of new screens whenever you head off in a certain direction doesn't fit.

That said, I understand the sentiment that's meant in the posts. The first LoZ is very clearly exploration-oriented, and BotW is trying, and in my opinion quite successfully, to recapture that essence and translate it into a 3D-oriented game. I just wish people would make actual arguments for that point instead of resorting to memes conjured up to blindly defend Breath of the Wild. I have NEVER seen LoZ1 been called open world until recently, and even then its only brought up whenever people make the point that BotW seems to be copying from the successful open world formula.
>>
>>343542837
>Everything about it seems so babbys-first tier.
That's because it's a Nintendo game for children. The games are piss easy, but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

>The story always seemed lame and uninteresting to me
The story in Zelda games are pretty much non existent or at least in consequential to the game (in the fact you have no bearing and whatever you do the story doesn't change) it boils down to the triforce is zelda, link, ganon and link will always save zelda from ganon, everything else is basically made up by autistic fanboys

>and the worlds are just bland and boring, you couldn't name a more generic "fantasy" setting if you tried. Even the widely praised OoT and MM on n64 just aren't fun to me.
MM has great atmosphere but yeah the fantasy setting of Zelda is pretty Vanilla, there are no real key elements that set it apart from other fantasy settings

>Anyone else just not understand the love for zelda? I mean, I could see people liking it, but some of the insane diehard fans and collectors and faggots with triforce/zelda pixel heart tattoos just seems so out of whack for what the games are.

The reason Zelda is popular is because the games are good and secondly - more importantly - because they have legacy on a Nintendo system. If this game wasn't called Zelda it would be getting shat on from high up for how it looks and how it basically is just a mish mash of 100 other game elements put into a zelda title, but because it's Zelda and Wii U is finally a good action adventure game people have nothing else to be excited about

For me I lost interest in Zelda after the POS that was Skyward Sword that ireedemable shit turned me away hard and I'm not sure when I will (or will not) pic this game up

Skyward Sword was truly a piece of shit and I am baffled how many people fucking liked it
>>
>>343542837
Picture a Venn diagram with one side being nostalgiafags and the other autists.
There's your Zelda fan base.
>>
File: 1421541811795.gif (894 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1421541811795.gif
894 KB, 320x213
>>343571901
>the term is made for modern games
>the fact that open world games are by and large 3D
Wow, you really are making a ton of shit up just to defend your point. You just can't make shit up and call what you don't like a meme, anon.
>>
>>343572328
But nostalgiafags come in multiple shades.
LOZfags and OOTfags despise each other. And now even WWfags can be classified that way.
>>
>>343565527
Except it' s not the same Ganodorf.
>>
>>343572913
It is, just like TP Ganondorf is the same one from OoT
>>
>>343572679
>different sects of Zelda autists hating each other
Pretty obvious which circle that falls into
>>
it's not 'babby's first', it's THE first, it's dark souls, it's gta, it's red dead and metal gear

all the games are somehow inspired by zelda games

Dan Houser said it best

>Rockstar Games vice president of creativity Dan Houser stated in 2012, "Anyone who makes 3-D games who says they've not borrowed something from Mario or Zelda [on the Nintendo 64] is lying."
>>
>>343571901
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world
>>
>>343571901
>Released in Japan in 1986, the first Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo Entertainment System is considered another early example of open world.[25][26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world
Fuck off with your modern day bullshit requirements no one but you agrees to.
>>
>>343573356
>>343573683
Well fuck me.

I still think the argument is a cheap one to use, but I suppose it's just a matter of my shit opinion than any sort of factual basis.
>>
>>343571901
you wrote so much shit for me to not read it and to call you a retard
>>
>>343542837
Zelda invented the rpg adventure/free roam game genre.
>>
>>343574234
It didn't "invent" it, but it certainly popularized it.
>>
>>343574372
This. It was the perfect blend of minimalist RPGs like Dragon Slayer with action arcade games like Tower of Druaga. Hydlide attempted something similar first but it was absolute garbage.
>>
>>343574234
yooo underage
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.